Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HeadPlug MKII DSP plugin released (Read 2831 times) previous topic - next topic

HeadPlug MKII DSP plugin released

Hi!

HeadPlug is a DSP plugin for audio players using the WinAmp2.x interface - so it should work with WinAmp 2, WinAmp 5, Apollo Audio Player and maybe some others.
It's aim is to make listening via headphones less annoying and provide a more realistic "soundstage" or "imaging".

Some people even reported success on moving the perceived "stage" (voice of the singer, ...) outside the listeners head - which was indeed something I wanted to do, but sadly never worked for me
At least it should mean that the basic ideas and the implementation can't be that wrong

Main features:
* highly configurable (user-defined named presets possible)
* can decrease or completely remove the comb-filter effect caused by the crossfeed-signal
* can decrease or completely remove the low-frequenzy boost also caused by the crossfeed-signal
* volume preserving "bypass" function for "fair" comparison of the original and the modified signal

---

I have recently released HeadPlug under the terms of the GNU General Public License (-> source-code included, free - you know the deal).
The binary (plugin DLL) is included as well, so everybody should be able to use it without a compiler and/or special knowledge.

Download is available at http://www.stereo-balance.net which is my homepage

Feedback and discussion is always welcome.

bye,
--hustbaer