Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New portable Musepack decoder library (Read 72285 times) previous topic - next topic

New portable Musepack decoder library

Reply #25
Hello!

Is there any way to get the bits per sample (BPS) from the MusePack file?

Regards,
Sebastian Andersson
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas Edison

Reply #26
Why would you want to know the BPS of the source file?
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #27
Hello!

Is there any way to get the bits per sample (BPS) from the MusePack file?

Regards,
Sebastian Andersson
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=237698"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In this case, I need it for a function used by a BASS add-on (www.un4seen.com). But other reasons could be, to fill up the WAVEFORMAT structure with the proper information or whatever.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas Edison

Reply #28
Why would the decoder care at all what the input resolution is, it doesn't matter at all for it?

It can choose freely whatever resolution or format it wants to decode to, there is no relation needed to whatever the input was.

This quote was related to AAC decoding but the same is true for MPC.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #29
OK

Reply #31
Great news, thanks Mr Peter!
I wonder there is no matter if I send a link to this thread to Rockbox team? Cause it could interest their iriverport project...
Best regards,
Tang

PS: thanks also for foobar, even if it's a little off topic:  i like your player

Reply #32
EDIT: i've just understood how the Rockbox WiKi was working... So i added directly the useful links/info in the Wiki: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main...Writing_CODEC_s

feel free to correct if there is something wrong (will need registering thought)

Pre edited post:
Just to say i've submited a link to this thread and the library itself on the rockbox board (for iriverport)...
here is the link:
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=103.0

Let's see if the Rockbox team will consider this...
Best regards

Reply #33
I've just finished a first rough port of this library to pure C, instead of C++, since a lot of people refuse to include C++ code in their apps.

It's currently available in a darcs repository at http://www.caddr.com/code/libmusepack/

I've started adding some documentation too, which can be found here:

http://www.caddr.com/code/libmusepack/docs/html/

I'd welcome any comments or suggestions.  If you know of any project devs that would be interested in supporting musepack but have held off because of the C++ issue please let me know.

Thanks for the original work of putting this library together.

Reply #34
I updated the old library in BetaPlayer's MPC plugin to libmusepack 1.03. But I had to put back SeekTable[] for faster seeking. Was there a reason why this was removed from libmusepack?

Reply #35
I updated the old library in BetaPlayer's MPC plugin to libmusepack 1.03. But I had to put back SeekTable[] for faster seeking. Was there a reason why this was removed from libmusepack?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259689"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're talking about the C++ version, right?  I don't think there was such a thing in the 1.0.3 version I started with.

Reply #36
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259689"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It was removed because it was broken and could produce artifacts.
It's a 'Jump to Conclusions Mat'. You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

Reply #37
Yes, I'am using the C++ version and the SeekTable was in the old version (before it was renamed to libmusepack I think).

Any more info in which case does it cause artifacts? More states should be saved not just frame length to be able to properly seek? Because for a mediaplayer the current non SeekTable solution is not really acceptable.

Reply #38
I've just finished a first rough port of this library to pure C, instead of C++, since a lot of people refuse to include C++ code in their apps.

It's currently available in a darcs repository at http://www.caddr.com/code/libmusepack/

I've started adding some documentation too, which can be found here:

http://www.caddr.com/code/libmusepack/docs/html/

I'd welcome any comments or suggestions.  If you know of any project devs that would be interested in supporting musepack but have held off because of the C++ issue please let me know.

Thanks for the original work of putting this library together.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259256"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Kuniklo,
Very nice indeed... I do know the Rockbox firmware is written in C... I guess they would be interested for their iRiverport...
I'm gonna notify the team and give them your link... Maybe editing the WIki over there with your link too...
Regards,
Tanguy

Reply #39
Some files have huge frame dependencies. There's no way to know how much, so the fast seeking can break on any file randomly. So although it can be made to seek correctly on most of the files, it's not error-proof.
It's a 'Jump to Conclusions Mat'. You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

Reply #41
someone on teh MDT should submit info for the "Encoder" table section...

Reply #42
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273499"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

??? Sorry what's MDT?
Thanks

Reply #43
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273499"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

??? Sorry what's MDT?
Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273502"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's the Musepack Development Team

Reply #44
Thanks Ganymed...