Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC command line options for FLAC (Read 4791 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC command line options for FLAC

I am encoding to FLAC with EAC, but I would like to increase the amount of compression.  I know that I need to add -8 in the command line, but I'm not sure where.  These are my current command line options:

-T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s

Where should the -8 go (if this is indeed correct to get the maximum compression)?

-Neuron

Reply #1
--best %s -T title="%t" -T artist="%a" -T date="%Y" -T genre="%m" -T album="%g" -T tracknumber="%n" -T libid="CALU"
EAC095pb5, LAME3.98, freedb, flac 1.2.1, fb2k 0.9.5

Reply #2
Thanks.  I notice that you have put title before artist.  Is that necessary?  Also, I'm getting  a "can't open input file"  error with --best added to my options.

Reply #3
--best %s -T title="%t" -T artist="%a" -T date="%Y" -T genre="%m" -T album="%g" -T tracknumber="%n" -T libid="CALU"

What is libid="CALU"?

Reply #4
Looks to me like a custom tag for library ID ... not necessary for encoding

Here's mine...

%s -6 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "comment=EAC: flac 1.1>" -T "genre=%m" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n"

xen-uno

edit: ...and order after %s -6 shouldn't matter

PS: Does anyone have a CL for ape's using 3.99 w/ ape2 tags?
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #5
Here's mine. Works great. --best is the same as -8.

--best -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s

Reply #6
PS: Does anyone have a CL for ape's using 3.99 w/ ape2 tags?

Monkey's Audio with APEv2 tags (requires wapet):
3. Set file extension to .ape
4. Locate 'wapet.exe'
5. Use command line %d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" mac.exe %s %d -c4000
note: if mac.exe isn't in search path you need to specify full path for it.

Quoted from...
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/EAC/index.html

Reply #7
Here's mine...

%s -6 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "comment=EAC: flac 1.1>" -T "genre=%m" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n"

Works great.  thanks