Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist Find 0.8 + (foo_playlistfind) (Read 56834 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist Find 0.8 + (foo_playlistfind)

I've taken the foo_playlistfind 0.6 source (written by Curi0us_George) and recompiled for the latest version of foobar, along with a few bugfixes and feature additions.

Post any feature requests () or bug reports () in this thread.

Latest version is here.

Default shortcut keys:
ESCAPE - close window
SHIFT-ESCAPE - close window and play focused track
CTRL-ENTER - play focused track (but leave window open)
CTRL-R - first match
UP arrow - next match
ENTER - next match, unless "Use enter to close and play focused track" is enabled (you should be able to guess what happens otherwise )
SHIFT-ENTER or DOWN arrow - previous match

Recent changes:
0.8.6 [2004-10-21|phi]
  • added panel/toolbar support for the columns ui
0.8.5 [2004-08-28|phi]
  • added "Use enter to close window and play focused" to the config
0.8.3 [2004-08-22|phi]
  • fixed issue with keyboard shortcuts in the standard dialog
0.8.2 [2004-08-22|phi]
  • fixed "pass keystrokes to foobar"
  • fixed "search when up or down is pressed"
  • fixed "close and play focused" command
  • "Find in playlist..." command now clears current search when plfind dialog is open
  • added an option to close the search dialog when it loses input focus
  • added an option to control whether searches wrap around the playlist
  • added auto track play feature
    • can play the matching track automatically if the search result in unique

• can play the first (and subsequent) matches automatically when the search keyword is a certain length or number of tokens
  • added numerous bugs yet to be discovered

Reply #1
Tanks a lot for the update.
Just two things, when NOT using mini window:
- Search on enter doesn't seem to work.
- It used to be possible to close the "Find in Playlist" window by pressing Esc but not anymore. I like this feature rather than having another assigned shortcut.

Reply #2
Fixed. See first post.

Reply #3
Just two things, when NOT using mini window:
- Search on enter doesn't seem to work.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236198"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here. BTW, thanks for the update

Reply #4
Oh, that search on enter. Its fixed now, but I think I broke the non-mini window in the last update, so I'll fix that up before I release another version.

// EDIT: All fixed now, re-download from link in first post

Reply #5
Pretty awesome.

I was wondering if it would be possible to allow pressing Enter to 'close and play focused song'.  It looks like this might have to be implemented on your side, as Foobar doesn't like my attempts to set Enter as a hotkey.

Thanks for you time.

Reply #6
Pretty awesome.

I was wondering if it would be possible to allow pressing Enter to 'close and play focused song'.  It looks like this might have to be implemented on your side, as Foobar doesn't like my attempts to set Enter has a hotkey.

Thanks for you time.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=237024"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, that would seem very logical and useful

Reply #7
Pretty awesome.

I was wondering if it would be possible to allow pressing Enter to 'close and play focused song'.  It looks like this might have to be implemented on your side, as Foobar doesn't like my attempts to set Enter has a hotkey.

Thanks for you time.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=237024"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I second this request. Great plugin otherwise 

Reply #8
Pretty awesome.

Thanks, its mostly Curious_George's work though .

I was wondering if it would be possible to allow pressing Enter to 'close and play focused song'.  It looks like this might have to be implemented on your side, as Foobar doesn't like my attempts to set Enter as a hotkey.

I eventually plan to add a config page to allow you to customise the shortcuts for all of the plfind actions. It might be a while until I can code that though. In the mean time, I can add an option such as "Use enter to close and play focused," since it seems like a popular option. Update coming shortly.

Reply #9
In the mean time, I can add an option such as "Use enter to close and play focused," since it seems like a popular option. Update coming shortly.

Done. Get the latest version.

Reply #10
Thanks, Phi! It works great 

Reply #11
Very handy.  Thanks.

I was also wondering if you had considered developing a version of playlistfind as a sidebar in musicmusic's newest version of ui_columns?  I think it would be a natural fit.

Reply #12
Yeah, I started coding a panel on the weekend, but ran into a few issues. Playlistfind needs a bit of a re-design as well, so I figured I'd just wait until the columns ui_extension interface is finalised before I did any more work on it.

Reply #13
been gone for a few days, just got the version with the magic 'enter' button, thanks

Reply #14
I'm Sorry for the Noobish question I'm going to ask

I downloaded the latest version of Playlist Find, but how can I activate it? I upzipped it in the Componentsmap, and I can see it in de Preferences, but the activation is a problem

:$

Thx

Reply #15
I downloaded the latest version of Playlist Find, but how can I activate it?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241706"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try binding it to a character (F or CTRL+F works well). You should find it under '[main] Components/Playlistfind/Find in playlist...'
f to c to f to c

Reply #16
I don't know if this will be really difficult, but I would love to see a albumlistfind now that we have the albumlist panel for Columns UI. I mean, playlistfind but for the albumlist

Reply #17
I don't know if this will be really difficult, but I would love to see a albumlistfind now that we have the albumlist panel for Columns UI. I mean, playlistfind but for the albumlist

Do you mean when you type in the albumlist it opens the matching tree items? Anything like that would need to be implemented by the panel itself.

Reply #18

Do you mean when you type in the albumlist it opens the matching tree items? Anything like that would need to be implemented by the panel itself.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=242284"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll try to request it to musicmusic. Thanks 

Reply #19
I finally got around to adding support for the columns ui sidebar/toolbar. Requires a recent (alpha) version of foo_ui_columns, available here.

Reply #20
I finally got around to adding support for the columns ui sidebar/toolbar. Requires a recent (alpha) version of foo_ui_columns, available here.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248882"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks! but when I download your plugin I get an empty zip 

Reply #21
Oops, someone was over his quota...
Should be all fixed now.

Reply #22
thanks Phi for continuing the development, i like this plugin a lot
i have one question, can you add an option that would make the plugin search  on all currently loaded playlists in foobar? or maybe this is too complicated?

Reply #23
hello phi, thanx for nice plugin!

i have one problem with using it as ui extension: i have it on sidebar, which i toggle on and off using 'tab' key. when it's visible, pressing shortcut for invoking your plugin works fine (going to playlist find's edit box in the sidebar area). however it does so even when the sidebar is hidden.

so, could you check whether that edit box is on sidebar which is hidden or not, and if it is do what you would do in case of no playlist find toolbar / sidebar panel (in my case - opening mini window with editbox)?

Reply #24
I second mazy's request.  It would be nice to have the find box in the side panel as well as being able to invoke the mini window for those times when the side panel is hidden.

Of course, I don't know if that's going to be technically possible or not...