Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC with embedded cuesheet (Read 71709 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC with embedded cuesheet

I have searched through he archives and found a few different techniques described for creating a FLAC file with an embedded cuesheet, but all seem to take multiple steps (i.e. EAC – copy image and create cuesheet, then use FLAC front-end to compress the wave and embed the cuesheet).  Is there any way to accomplish the task, either via EAC or PlexTools, in a single step?

brett

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Learn not to write topic title in all caps - moderation[/span]

Reply #1
Set EAC to use an external compressor.  Select FLAC as the encoder and add the text "--cuesheet=<path to CDImage>\CDImage.flac.cue" to the command line options.

Where <path to CDImage> is the path to where you will save the image.

To convert the CD select Action > Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet > Compressed...  from the menu, and leave the filename as "CDImage.flac" (or amend the command line options accordingly).

If you need a more detailed explanation please post back.

NB: I don't use flac, but I don't see why this won't work.

I wrote a guide to do something very similar using EAC with Monkey's Audio - it may be worth taking a look if you have no idea what I am on about, as it may introduce you to using an external compressor in EAC.

Set EAC to use an external compressor.  Select FLAC as the encoder and add the text "--cuesheet=<path to CDImage>\CDImage.flac.cue" to the command line options.

To convert the CD select Action > Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet > Compressed...  from the menu, and leave the filename as "CDImage.flac" (or amend the command line options accordingly).

I wrote a guide to do something very similar using EAC with Monkey's Audio - it may be worth taking a look if you have no idea what I am on about, as it may introduce you to using an external compressor in EAC.

[a href="http://www.neilpopham.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/cd_backup.html" target="_blank"][a href="http://synthetic-soul.mysite.wanadoo-membe.../cd_backup.html" target="_blank"]http://synthetic-soul.mysite.wanadoo-membe.../cd_backup.html
[/a]

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: added <path to CDImage> bit[/span]

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit 2005-01-13: Updated URL to blueyonder address[/span]/cd_backup.html[/a]
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
As a nice touch you could also try the following:

Add the text "%h--best%h" to the command line.

You can then use the High and Low Quality radio buttons on the EAC compression options dialogue to switch between compression level 8 (High quality) and 5 (Low quality)

Alternatively add "%h-8%h %l-5%l" and replace -8 and -5 with the compression levels you might suggest for High and Low quality (e.g.: -6 and -0).

You can use the CRC checkbox in a similar manner, to specify some other boolean flag, like "--verify".

My suggested command line would be:

%h-8%h %l-5%l %c--verify%c --cuesheet=<path to CDImage>\CDImage.flac.cue %s
I'm on a horse.

Reply #3
Because the OP is choosing "Create Image and cuesheet," he's going to get an external cuesheet, anyway.  Do you see any advantage in also having an embedded flac cuesheet, considering the limited functionality of the embedded version?
------- Rick -------
--------------------

Reply #4
Because the OP is choosing "Create Image and cuesheet," he's going to get an external cuesheet, anyway.  Do you see any advantage in also having an embedded flac cuesheet, considering the limited functionality of the embedded version?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244483"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Perhaps someone could explain the cons of the FLAC embedded cuesheet.  I do remember reading that EAC cuesheets are not stored in full, but I can't remember why.  Does FLAC strip all PERFORMER/TITLE info?

To embed a cuesheet using this method it will always be necessary to create a cuesheet file in the first place, as the tag sets the value from an external file.

As to the benefit of having one FLAC file rather than one FLAC file + one CUE file... who knows.  One of the key goals of my method described in my guide was to get an APE file with embedded cuesheet - but now I have come to actually put my system into practice I am adding the cuesheet as an APEv2 tag and keeping the CUE file as well - as I figured: why not?  Foobar will split a file into tracks using the CUESHEET tag - will it do the same if you load a FLAC file with accompanying (unembedded) cuesheet?

If a one-file solution is definately desired/required, and the cuesheet tag is unsuitable due to FLAC-imposed restrictrictions, then they could always add it as a different tag, like "CUE", which presumably wouldn't edit the content at all.  They would lose some functionality, like foobar's, but it would maintain the goal of a one step, one file, approach.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #5

http://synthetic-soul.mysite.wanadoo-membe.../cd_backup.html

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: added <path to CDImage> bit[/span]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244439"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

synthetic soul - just checked out your link.  THANKS!!!  after some experimentation, i think i will go with monkey as opposed to flac, based on the fact that i can embed the entire tag (artist, album, song, genre) and playback properly within foobar2000. 

one additional question?

would you know of a way to change the final file's name via the script?

in other words, after the process is complete, we always have a file named <cdimage.ape>, therefore making it difficult to perform this process on a large collection in batch.  do you know how to have the file's name change automatically to <artist_album.ape> based on the tag?

thanks again,

brett

Reply #6
would you know of a way to change the final file's name via the script?

in other words, after the process is complete, we always have a file named <cdimage.ape>, therefore making it difficult to perform this process on a large collection in batch.  do you know how to have the file's name change automatically to <artist_album.ape> based on the tag?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have finally gotten around to archiving my CDs - I'm about 1/3 of the way through (I hope!).

However, for the scripts I am using, I have made a few changes to [a href="http://synthetic-soul.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/cd_backup.html]the system described in my my guide[/url].
  • I append the prosed backup DVD disc number to the EAC command line.  I then append this disc number, artist, album, date and time to a single CSV file, which is gradually building up a full list of all CDs I have archived, and what backup DVD they are stored on.  I am writing this CSV log to every DVD disc, but it will be most useful on the final disc, where it will be complete, and can tell me exactly where to find the album I'm after.
  • I create an Artist\Album folder structure from the batch file, and once all processing has been done I move everything to this folder.  The reason I do it this way is that I can just tell EAC to write to the same folder each time ("E:\CDBackup"), without having to manually create the folder structure - let the script do the work!
  • All information written to the console is also written to a log file, "eac-enc.log", so I have a record of what has happened
If you would like a copy of the batch files I am using post back and let me know.

If you are planning to use PAR2 then renaming files probably isn't a good idea - which is why I stick to calling all mine "CDImage" and storing them in separate folders.

I can provide code to rename files from "CDImage" to "<artist>_<album>" if you still want it - I just wouldn't recommend it if you are using PAR2 also. If you aren't then I guess it would make sense. The reason I haven't posted it now is that it is slightly complicated, as the script has to remove illegal filename characters from the text before it can be used as a folder or file name.  It would probably be easier for me to throw you an alternate batch file, rather than explain it here.  Let me know.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #7
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244483"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Perhaps someone could explain the cons of the FLAC embedded cuesheet.  I do remember reading that EAC cuesheets are not stored in full, but I can't remember why.  Does FLAC strip all PERFORMER/TITLE info?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244559"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yup.  Nothing in there but track and index tags.  According to Josh, the embedded cue sheet is strictly for the purpose of re-creating the original CD.

By having an external cue sheet and using FB2K, you get artist, title, replay-gain and anything else you might like.
------- Rick -------
--------------------

Reply #8
Yup.  Nothing in there but track and index tags.  According to Josh, the embedded cue sheet is strictly for the purpose of re-creating the original CD.

By having an external cue sheet and using FB2K, you get artist, title, replay-gain and anything else you might like.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244852"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the clarification.

I can't say I totally disagree - even though I have chosen to store Artist/Album/Title info I doubt I will use it when it comes to re-creating a CD.

Using an embedded cuesheet in an APE file you also get artist and title info in foobar - I don't know about replay gain as I have yet to use it (although I am keen).
I'm on a horse.

Reply #9
You can always embed the cuesheet in the CUESHEET tag in the FLAC file. The foobar flac component will read that as well and it will keep all the artist/track information.

Reply #10
Synthetic Soul:

I'd love to get a copy of your batch files and the script to rename the image files. I'm working on similar scripts that work with flac files.

Reply #11
I'd love to get a copy of your batch files and the script to rename the image files. I'm working on similar scripts that work with flac files.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am at work now, but I will upload my batch files tonight if I can (I have a newborn and things are pretty crazy right now!).

To create valid folder/file names from any parameter I have created the following "function" (I'm not familiar with batch file programming, so this may be poor practice), which takes a string and replaces any invalid character (in theory) with a space (as EAC seems to):

Code: [Select]
:MakePath
SET tmpString=%~1
SET tmpString=%tmpString:/= %
SET tmpString=%tmpString:\= %
SET tmpString=%tmpString::= %
SET tmpString=%tmpString:?= %
SET tmpString=%tmpString:"= %
SET tmpString=%tmpString:^<= %
SET tmpString=%tmpString:^>= %
SET tmpString=%tmpString:^|= %
REM Now remove asterisks...
SET tmpString=%tmpString: =/%
SET tmpString=%tmpString:,=\%
SET output=
SET /A counter=-1
:MakePathNextChar
SET /A counter+=1
CALL :EXEC SET char=%%tmpString:~%counter%,1%%%
if NOT DEFINED char GOTO :MakePathDone
if [%char%] EQU [*] SET char=/
SET output=%output%%char%
GOTO :MakePathNextChar
:MakePathDone
SET output=%output:/= %
SET output=%output:\=,%
SET %2=%output%
GOTO:EOF
:EXEC
%*
GOTO:EOF

I call this using this format:

CALL :MakePath "<input text>" <output variable name>

E.g.:

CALL :MakePath %4 artistFolder
CALL :MakePath %5 albumFolder

If %4 is "AC/DC"[/font] %artistFolder% wil be AC DC[/font].

You could therefore rename a file, as per schnittlich's request, by doing:

CALL :MakePath %4 artistFilename
CALL :MakePath %5 albumFilename

REN "%~dp3%~n1.*" "%artistFilename%_%albumFilename%.*"

... ensuring that the MakePath "function" is at the foot of your batch file.

I have found [a href="http://www.ss64.com/nt/ren.html]this site[/url] to be invaluable while creating my batch files.  That said, I am in no way an expert - these batch files are by far the most complex I have written - so please feel free to use this code, but don't take my methods as gospel!
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']
Edit: updated MakePath function to reflect my current version at home[/span]
I'm on a horse.

Reply #12
You can always embed the cuesheet in the CUESHEET tag in the FLAC file. The foobar flac component will read that as well and it will keep all the artist/track information.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244868"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Perhaps the new flac works that way, but 1.1.0 doesn't.  You feed it a perfectly annotated cuesheet and it strips out everything that Josh thinks is extraneous.  It's not a bug, it's a feature.
------- Rick -------
--------------------

Reply #13
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244868"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Perhaps the new flac works that way, but 1.1.0 doesn't.  You feed it a perfectly annotated cuesheet and it strips out everything that Josh thinks is extraneous.  It's not a bug, it's a feature.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245085"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're right if you're talking about Josh's tools. I'm talking about Case's foobar2000 flac component. It will read the cuesheet from a tag named "CUESHEET". Try it.

Reply #14
to further clarify, there is a specific CUESHEET metadata block which is where the data from --cue-sheet=... goes.

the foobar component adds a field in the tags (VORBIS_COMMENT metadata block) with field name "CUESHEET" e.g.

CUESHEET=TITLE "blah blah"
ARTIST "blah blah"

Josh

Reply #15
The batch files I have been using have been uploaded to:

http://synthetic-soul.mysite.wanadoo-membe...files_2_0_0.zip

The command line I am using in EAC is:

/c C:\dos\eac-enc.bat %o  %s  %d  "%a"  "%g" %hHIGH%h %lLOW%l 01

... where 01 is the intended DVD disc number that this album will be backed up to.  Every time I back up a load of directories to a DVD I delete them and increase this number manually.

All other settings are as per my guide:

http://synthetic-soul.mysite.wanadoo-membe.../cd_backup.html

Please let me know how you get on.  I'm all up for improving them.

Addendum:

As well as setting the paths to MAC, TAG and PAR2 as per the guide, you will also need to set the paths for files to be created/moved:

REM =====================================================
REM  PLEASE EDIT THE PATHS TO THE STORAGE FOLDERS
REM =====================================================
SET apeFolder=E:\CDBackup\APE
SET csvLogFolder=E:\CDBackup\Log
SET eacEncLog=E:\CDBackup\eac-enc.log

apeFolder is the folder in which the album\artist folders will be created, and subsequently all files in the source directory moved to.
csvLogFolder is the folder in which to create and update the CSV file.
eacEncLog is the path to the log file to write for each encode.

When choosing "Action > Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet > Compressed..." from EAC I choose to create "CDImage.ape" in "E:\CDBackup".  EAC creates its log in this folder, and so do my batch files (see eacEncLog).  Once everything is done all files in "E:\CDBackup" are moved to "E:\CDBackup\APE\<Artist>\<Album>".  NB: I also have a folder, "E:\CDBackup\Software", in which I have a copy of all relevant software. This folder, along with "\APE" and "\Log", is burnt to each DVD - to ensure I have all the tools I need to re-create my CD.

Hope this makes sense.  I guess I'll update my guide sometime soon.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit 2005-01-13: Updated URL to blueyonder address[/span]/cd_backup.html[/url]
I'm on a horse.

Reply #16
Question for you, why is it a problem to rename files when using par2?

I'm re-commencing my "big rip" project and had pretty much decided to go with multiple flacs and an external (non-standard) cuesheet in case I want to recreate the cd.

I like having the single files as I can play them on my Karma if I choose, and I think they'll be easier to work with on any future device that plays lossless. It also makes metadata easier to handle (don't need to worry whether it will play .cue or not). That's an aside, I enjoy reading about everyone's o/c systems.

I digress, eventually I'd like to back this stuff up properly, so I'm curious about the par2.
Guinness for strength!

Reply #17
Question for you, why is it a problem to rename files when using par2?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In all honesty it's not a major problem - it just means that you've got to write a slightly longer command line to verify or repair.

Update: I appear to have proved otherwise.  Please see [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=245275']my next post[/a], below.  This post left for reference/archive purposes only - I think the majority of it is incorrect now!

If you create your PAR2 files with the final file name, to verify you just have to use:

PAR2 v CDImage.ape.par2

If you rename the file after you've created your PAR2 files,  to verify you will need to use:

PAR2 v CDImage.ape.par2 Pixies_Doolittle.ape

I must admit I didn't know the resolve was so easy [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25921&view=findpost&p=236863]when I decided that you needed to run PAR2 on the final filename[/url].  I shall stop making such statements now.

However, bear in mind that, if you run PAR2 while EAC has the .ape file named using its temporary filename (which you would have to, if you called it from MAREO or a single batch file), e.g.: "Ctmp7!1!5.ape", you will have to be dealing with some confusing command lines, e.g.:

PAR2 v Ctmp7!1!5.ape.par2 CDImage.ape

... which does make verifying and repairing that little bit more awkward.  I would rather take a few extra steps to ensure that the verifying process is as simple and intuative as possible (i.e.: typing "PAR2 v CDIMage.ape.par2" every time - rather than having to write a unique command line per .ape file).

This is the reason my backup system uses two batch files: to get EAC to rename the file from the temporary name to the final name in between the two.  PAR2 then runs in the second (eac-post.bat) referencing the final filename.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: added link to post RE: MAREO and PAR2[/span]
I'm on a horse.

Reply #18
In fact it is worse than I thought, at least according to my test.

The dump below shows me creating PAR2 files from a "temporary file" ("Ctmp7!1!5.wv"), and then attempting to verify.  As you will see, the process is overly complicated.  The main issue is that this results in PAR2 renaming the file back to the temporary name - although the additional steps are a pain.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']C:\DOS>PAR2 c -s204800 -r10 -- Ctmp7!1!5.wv
par2cmdline version 0.4, Copyright © 2003 Peter Brian Clements.

par2cmdline comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your
option) any later version. See COPYING for details.

Block size: 204800
Source file count: 1
Source block count: 124
Redundancy: 10%
Recovery block count: 12
Recovery file count: 4

Opening: Ctmp7!1!5.wv
Computing Reed Solomon matrix.
Constructing: done.
Wrote 2457600 bytes to disk
Writing recovery packets
Writing verification packets
Done

C:\DOS>PAR2 v Ctmp7!1!5.wv.par2 CDImage.wv

Loading "Ctmp7!1!5.wv.par2".
Loaded 4 new packets
Loading "Ctmp7!1!5.wv.vol00+1.par2".
Loaded 1 new packets including 1 recovery blocks
Loading "Ctmp7!1!5.wv.vol01+2.par2".
Loaded 2 new packets including 2 recovery blocks
Loading "Ctmp7!1!5.wv.vol03+4.par2".
Loaded 4 new packets including 4 recovery blocks
Loading "Ctmp7!1!5.wv.vol07+5.par2".
Loaded 5 new packets including 5 recovery blocks

There are 1 recoverable files and 0 other files.
The block size used was 204800 bytes.
There are a total of 124 data blocks.
The total size of the data files is 25334898 bytes.

Verifying source files:

Target: "Ctmp7!1!5.wv" - missing.

Scanning extra files:

File: "CDImage.wv" - is a match for "Ctmp7!1!5.wv".

Repair is required.
1 file(s) have the wrong name.
You have 124 out of 124 data blocks available.
You have 12 recovery blocks available.
Repair is possible.
You have an excess of 12 recovery blocks.
None of the recovery blocks will be used for the repair.

C:\DOS>PAR2 r Ctmp7!1!5.wv.par2 CDImage.wv

Loaded 4 new packets

Verifying source files:

Target: "Ctmp7!1!5.wv" - missing.

Scanning extra files:

File: "CDImage.wv" - is a match for "Ctmp7!1!5.wv".

Repair is required.
1 file(s) have the wrong name.
You have 124 out of 124 data blocks available.
You have 12 recovery blocks available.
Repair is possible.
You have an excess of 12 recovery blocks.
None of the recovery blocks will be used for the repair.

Repair complete.

C:\DOS>PAR2 v Ctmp7!1!5.wv.par2

Loaded 4 new packets

Verifying source files:

Target: "Ctmp7!1!5.wv" - found.

All files are correct, repair is not required.

C:\DOS>dir *.wv
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is D888-3345

Directory of C:\DOS

06/09/2004  16:07          25,334,898 Ctmp7!1!5.wv
              2 File(s)    50,669,796 bytes
              0 Dir(s)  219,528,957,952 bytes free
[/span]

Obviously, now I know that I can't verify before repairing, I could miss out that step - but it does still mean that you have to repair before verifying and your filename will be reverted by PAR2!

So, in conclusion, I will continue to deter people from renaming their files after running PAR2, as it does cause more work.

Update: Also, if your are verifying from a DVD then I don't think this could work, as PAR2 wouldn't be able to rename the file, and therefore it would never be able to verify.

As I stated in the (factually incorrect) post above (which hopefully everyone skipped):

This is the reason my backup system uses two batch files: to get EAC to rename the file from the temporary name to the final name in between the two.  PAR2 then runs in the second (eac-post.bat) referencing the final filename.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: fixed dodgy BB Code and made text dump text smaller[/span]
I'm on a horse.

Reply #19
You're right if you're talking about Josh's tools. I'm talking about Case's foobar2000 flac component. It will read the cuesheet from a tag named "CUESHEET". Try it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245091"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I stand corrected.

Pardon me if I wasn't paying attention earlier; how do you get the CUESHEET tag embedded in the first place?
------- Rick -------
--------------------

Reply #20
Pardon me if I wasn't paying attention earlier; how do you get the CUESHEET tag embedded in the first place?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Either:

Copy the text from the cuesheet, go into foobar, select "Properties", add a new metadata field, call it "CUESHEET", and paste the clipboard contents into the textbox.

or:

Use [a href="http://www.neilpopham.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tag.html]my version of Tag[/url], and do:

TAG.EXE -f "CUESHEET=E:\CDBackup\CDImage.flac.cue" "E:\CDBackup\CDImage.flac.flac"

I've been waiting to say that for so long... 
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit 2005-01-13: Updated URL to blueyonder address[/span]/cd_backup.html[/url]
I'm on a horse.

Reply #21
Pardon me if I wasn't paying attention earlier; how do you get the CUESHEET tag embedded in the first place?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Either:
or:

Use [a href="http://synthetic-soul.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/tag.html]my version of Tag[/url], and do:

TAG.EXE -f "CUESHEET=E:\CDBackup\CDImage.flac.cue" "E:\CDBackup\CDImage.flac.flac"

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245309"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Synth.  I wish there was a way to get EAC to do it automatically. 

Actually, the position I'm in now is that I have a directory tree with individual flacs in it, and another directory tree with wav and cue files.  So I suppose I wish that Flac Frontend would do it, too.  Does Flac Frontend call tag.exe?
------- Rick -------
--------------------

Reply #22
Thanks, Synth.  I wish there was a way to get EAC to do it automatically.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I get EAC to do it "automatically" using batch files, as per [a href="http://www.neilpopham.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/cd_backup.html]my guide[/url].

If you're interested I could adapt eac-enc.bat to simply encode to FLAC and then embed the cuesheet (you wouldn't need eac-post.bat).

Update: Actually, you may be happier using a well-known tool like MAREO.  Your INI file would then have something like:

; =========================================================
;  FLAC
EXT = flac
PATH = NONE
ENCODER = "C:\Program Files\Flac\FLAC.EXE"
PARAMETERS = -8 -o "@dest@" -V "@source@"

;  TAG
EXT = NONE
PATH = NONE
ENCODER = C:\DOS\TAG.EXE
PARAMETERS = --artist "@artist@" --album "@album@" -f "CUESHEET=@tmppathonly@\@finalnameonly@.cue" "@tmppathonly@\@tmpnameonly@.flac"

If you were using a format that supported APEv2 tags (this is more aimed at other interested parties), you could even use Wapet, which I also adapted to use the -f switch, directly from EAC.  However, this would give you less flexibility, as you would have to hardcode where to find the cuesheet.  The batch file/MAREO approach lets you change the folder and name of the image without having to adapt the command line (as it uses @tmppathonly@ and @finalnameonly@ to generate the path dynamically).

Actually, the position I'm in now is that I have a directory tree with individual flacs in it, and another directory tree with wav and cue files.  So I suppose I wish that Flac Frontend would do it, too.  Does Flac Frontend call tag.exe?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245525"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, it does - I just tested it.

I'm on a horse.

Reply #23
You've done some good work here, Synth.  It's just that I'm scared of getting too many tools in the toolchain.  I know from experience that I'll set these archives aside for 1, or 2, or 5 years and then when it's time to un-archive them either the tools won't be available any more, or I'll have forgotten how to use them. :-)
------- Rick -------
--------------------

Reply #24
Thanks for the compliment.

Whether you decide to use it or not, at least you know now you have options, if circumstances change.
I'm on a horse.