Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_filedate (Read 35263 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_filedate

I've decided to update foo_systemdate, so here's foo_filedate.

Right-click and add a file date tag. Go to config page and choose a date format first. It's best if you check "Block tag update operations" in Database, so as to have the tag only in db, because if this option is unchecked, you'll actually modify the file, so the date tag (modified or accessed) would not be valid.

File is here: http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/tagging.php#89

foo_filedate

Reply #1
Thanks
you'll actually modify the file, so the date tag (modified or accessed) would not be valid.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251134"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess that created, modified, accesed would be changed, but added would still be a tag %added%, isn't?
Hmmm...the created, modified, acccesed is cool, but how can this be used in foobar (via strings, calling tags, etc...?

foo_filedate

Reply #2
Hmmm...the created, modified, acccesed is cool, but how can this be used in foobar (via strings, calling tags, etc...?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251142"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Probably like any other custom tag. E.g. %created% or $meta(created)

Edit: Verified.
  • $meta(added) or %added%
  • $meta(created) or %created%
  • $meta(modified) or %modified%
  • $meta(accessed) or %accessed%

foo_filedate

Reply #3
Thanks
you'll actually modify the file, so the date tag (modified or accessed) would not be valid.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251134"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess that created, modified, accesed would be changed, but added would still be a tag %added%, isn't?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251142"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In Windows Explorer, if you right-click a file and choose properties, you see Created, Modified and Accessed dates. These are Windows internal dates for this specific file. If you right-click it in Foobar, you can add these tags in the file, but these tags remain the same forever until you re-put them, they are just strings, they do not change. The problem is that if you add these tags, the Windows internal dates for this file are changed to current date, because you would have actually altered the file. If you don't understand what I mean, tell me so I can give you an example. Bottom line is the tags never change unless you want to.

foo_filedate

Reply #4
If you don't understand what I mean, tell me so I can give you an example.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251155"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I will appreciate  But anyway I'll play a little bit with it, because it's the best way to understand something...

foo_filedate

Reply #5
I right-click a file in Windows explorer and see:
Created: 2004-09-30
Modified: 2004-10-05
Accessed: 2004-10-06

If you right-click this file in foobar and put all date tags, my plugin just copies this info in tags, so you'll have tags:
ADDED = 2004-10-31
CREATED = 2004-09-30
MODIFIED = 2004-10-05
ACCESSED = 2004-10-06

In Windows, if you access or modify the file, the dates of the file will change, but the tags will remain the same. You must re-tag the file, so my plugin can re-read the dates and insert them in the tags.

The problem is that when you put a tag in a file, you actually change the file (you access it and you modify it), that's why Windows changes the file dates, so in the above example, after you tag the file, the file dates will change to:
Created: 2004-09-30
Modified: 2004-10-31
Accessed: 2004-10-31
while the tags will remain the same. Get it? 

If you check "Block tag update operations" in Database, the tags will be stored in the database, the file will not be touched and its Windows file dates will remain the same.

foo_filedate

Reply #6
while the tags will remain the same. Get it? 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251178"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok, I get it 
Thanks for the information.

foo_filedate

Reply #7
But if I want to be able to update tags for files within Foobar like I do usually, and still have this plugin?

How does the plugin re-read the dates when they change?

foo_filedate

Reply #8
If you want to re-read the dates, just use my plugin again.

Guys, please understand that adding a MODIFIED or ACCESSED date with my plugin is useless, because adding such a tag makes Windows change the "last modified" or "last accessed" date anyway. I don't have any other way of explaining this. The only solution I could find is the "Block tag update operations" I said before, which works well, but it doesn't let you alter the file physically.

foo_filedate

Reply #9
foobar2000 craches when i try to apply your plugin with a file in an archive (zip or rar).

foo_filedate

Reply #10
foobar2000 craches when i try to apply your plugin with a file in an archive (zip or rar).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251410"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Fixed, v1.0.1 uploaded.

Now, if a file is in an archive, only Added works. Created, Modified and Accessed don't because I don't know how to read these dates from inside an archive.

I have also uploaded the source code, because I don't want to play with this any more. If anyone wants to maintain it, please let me know, so as to delete the entry from the 3rd party plugin page.

foo_filedate

Reply #12
Thank you. 

This link is dead:
File is here: http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/redir.php?id=419

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, it seems the link structure in the tagging section of the 3rd party plugins page has changed.
The new link is this: [a href="http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/tagging.php#89]http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/tagging.php#89[/url]

foo_filedate

Reply #13
I like it.

Just wondering, is there anyway to get it to automatically add the 'added' date whenever new files are added to a playlist/played?

foo_filedate

Reply #14
Hmm, it seems the link structure in the tagging section of the 3rd party plugins page has changed.
The new link is this: http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/tagging.php#89
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251773"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It has not changed. The problem most likely is that you updated the plugin and this currently requires that the old file is deleted and a new one added. This creates a new entry to the database and because the files are redirected by database id numbers, the old (removed) link becomes invalid. So, direct linking to redir.php might not be wise, but I don't think that is a big problem as one can provide a link to the plugin info instead (as you have done).

Sorry for the offtopic

foo_filedate

Reply #15
The new link is this: http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/tagging.php#89
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251773"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It has not changed. The problem most likely is that you updated the plugin and this currently requires that the old file is deleted and a new one added. This creates a new entry to the database and because the files are redirected by database id numbers, the old (removed) link becomes invalid. So, direct linking to redir.php might not be wise, but I don't think that is a big problem as one can provide a link to the plugin info instead (as you have done).

Sorry for the offtopic
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=254539"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, I see. Thanks for the notice 

foo_filedate

Reply #16
Would it be possible to make one of these fields happen automatically whenever a file is added to the database?

foo_filedate

Reply #17
Would it be possible to make one of these fields happen automatically whenever a file is added to the database?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289272"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Perhaps it can be done, but I don't know how. Anyway, the source code is also available, so if anyone wants to play with it or give me a hint, please do so 

foo_filedate

Reply #18
The notification for "track added to database" is not implemented in 0.8.3 and previous, but it will be in 0.9.

foo_filedate

Reply #19
The notification for "track added to database" is not implemented in 0.8.3 and previous, but it will be in 0.9.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290716"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the info, foosion!    Looking forward for 0.9!

foo_filedate

Reply #20
Eh... Maybe I'm just stupid, but how can I show the file date in foobar WITHOUT modifying tags?

foo_filedate

Reply #21
Eh... Maybe I'm just stupid, but how can I show the file date in foobar WITHOUT modifying tags?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can use [a href="http://users.tkk.fi/~tahlberg/foo/]this[/url] version of quicktag and use this code to create a ADDED tag in a external database (quicktag.db):

Code: [Select]
%_system_year%$num(%_system_month%,2)$num(%_system_day%,2)

this will tag like this:
%__added%=20050524

or this one:

Code: [Select]
%_system_year%-$num(%_system_month%,2)-$num(%_system_day%,2) %_system_hour%:%_system_minute%:%_system_second%

that will output this:

%__added%=2005-05-24 19:29:45

foo_filedate

Reply #22

Thanks!

foo_filedate

Reply #23
Did anybody have a working link to download foo_filedate for me?

Thx

foo_filedate

Reply #24
will this component be updated to v0.9 or is there an alternative for it that i am not aware of?

Amit