Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1103164 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #400
@esa372 and Duble0Syx: I'd try downloading the newest version (0.044) from the first page of the the thread.  I remember there were a few big fixes made without making a new version number.  I have no such issues with the version I have (which I'm pretty sure is the latest).

edit: Actually, I just noticed this problem today.  It only seems to happen when you have a song playing with album displayed (song A), then you double-click a new song to play that doesn't have any album art (Song B).  If song A simply finishes and song B is the next song in the playlist, there are no problems (the default "no cover" image shows).

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #401
foobar freezes momentarily when I highlight a track from my iPod as the albumart panel searches for albumart...any way to prevent this?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #402
Suggestion: have an option so that when no album art is found, it will show a different plugin, e.g. spectrum analyzer.

stripe/ben

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #403
@esa372 and Duble0Syx: I'd try downloading the newest version (0.044) from the first page of the the thread.
Thank you for the tip, but I'm afraid it didn't work. 

The strange thing is, it only happens with files in that particular folder...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

~esa

:edit: I was able to 'fix' the problem by right-clicking on the Album Art image and selecting "Open In External Viewer", and then deleting the image...

But I still don't know where the image was stored, or why the Album Art panel was showing it...

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #404
Suggestion: have an option so that when no album art is found, it will show a different plugin, e.g. spectrum analyzer.

stripe/ben
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=269031"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

brilliant!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #405

stripe/ben
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=269031"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
  That would be AWESOME.

(and the album art within the tag feature, too  )

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #406
Hey, I've downloaded foo_uie_albumart and put it into my components file. Now.. I feel a fool, but what next?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #407
Hey, I've downloaded foo_uie_albumart and put it into my components file. Now.. I feel a fool, but what next?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=269347"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
  Click on some empty space on foobar, and go to Panels -> Album Art.  It should display the picture that is in the folder where you song is.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #408
Bug report:  after adding files to a playlist, the default cover isn't displayed.  Instead, the previously shown image is kept.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268943"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've been having a similar issue with the newest version (0.44?).  If I was playing an album with art, and the next album doesn't have any the art from the last album still shows.  The behavior implies the artwork only updates/refreshes when there is new art only rather than if there is no art too.  Of course I can manually refresh the image, but that gets annoying.  I don't use the default image for albums with no art, I rather it just show nothing.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268989"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've noticed this behaviour and will do my best to fix it.

Thanks everyone, for your input. I'm sorry that I'm not able to dive in right now, but I'll be sure to work on the plugin as soon as possible. Not sure when that will be, though...

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #409
hi, i just played around a bit with this plugin. really nice.

i remember that there was a simple perl script where you could enter artist and album name and it displayed you the cover from amazon.com

i think this would be nice for folders which don't have the folder.jpg

update: http://www.slothradio.com/covers/

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #410
Hello, I just discovered this plugin yesterday, and after reading this 17 pages I think I'm the dumbest guy in the Earth (or at least in the Hydrogenaudio Forums ).

I'm running foobar2000 on Windows Me, but I installed the GDI+ Runtimes in the foobar folder, and I did the same with the other 2 dll, so my foobar should work and it doesn't show any error message loading it. The problem is that my foobar never displays the album art, it even displays the default image when no cover is available . This is how it looks:

[a href="http://img163.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img163&image=foobar2yl.png" target="_blank"]

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #411
  Click on some empty space on foobar, and go to Panels -> Album Art.  It should display the picture that is in the folder where you song is.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=269348"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm. I don't see a Panels -> Album Art menu. I don't even see the Panel submenu.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #412
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=269348"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm. I don't see a Panels -> Album Art menu. I don't even see the Panel submenu.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=269485"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
  Did you right click on an empty part of the main Foobar window?  This should bring up a list of menus, including Panels.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #413
Hmm. I don't see a Panels -> Album Art menu. I don't even see the Panel submenu.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=269485"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Do you have the latest Columns UI installed? You need 0.1.2.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #414
I have just updated the source and the binary archives.
I fixed the bug that caused the cover image to stay after moving to something without cover art.
Also, I updated the albumlist to use musicmusic's latest source and while I was at it I made it so that now there's actually a seperate service just for controling the panel. So, now the configurations also reflect this option and ask whether you want the panel to be able to be controlled externally at all.
If you want to control the panel without editing the panel's code and making it still compatible with others' album art panels you can use this:
Code: [Select]
class NOVTABLE albumart_control_base : public service_base
{
public:
    static GUID get_class_guid()
    {
 // {5549FA34-673C-4c5b-B6CE-5CDC4813E7B4}
 static const GUID guid =
 { 0x5549fa34, 0x673c, 0x4c5b, { 0xb6, 0xce, 0x5c, 0xdc, 0x48, 0x13, 0xe7, 0xb4 } };
 return(guid);
    }

static albumart_control_base* get()
    {
 return(service_enum_create_t(albumart_control_base,0));
    }

virtual bool is_controllable()=0;
    virtual bool set_image(metadb_handle * track)=0;
    virtual bool set_image()=0;
    virtual void redraw()=0;
    virtual void lock(bool l)=0;
    virtual bool is_locked()=0;
};

is_controllable will tell you whether you are allowed to control the panel (note that whether or not you rely on what this tells you, the panel will not get controlled if it is not allowed to; rather, the function's just there so you can check).
set_image will set the display to display the cover art for the track passed, but without arguements, it will just set the display image to the appropriate one according to user settings (so call this after you unlock the panel and you're done forcefully displaying what you wanted). set_image will return true if you ought to redraw (but you don't have to or you can redraw regardless).
redraw will redraw the window (so if you get true from set_image you might wanna call this).
lock will lock the image so that even if a new track starts, it won't display its cover instead of whatever is already being displayed (like what you set it to). That is, if you pass true, it will lock and if false, it will unlock. When it unlocks, it will not immidiately revert the image. You can either let it wait untill something else sets the image or you can set_image with no arguments yourself.
is_locked will simply tell you whether the panel's locked.
You can look at the albumlist code for an example.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #415
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=269499"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Awesome!  Thanks! 

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #416
Is the bug that corrupts the database now fixed in the version of foo_uie_albumlist linked in the first post?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #417
I fixed the bug that caused the cover image to stay after moving to something without cover art.

Thanks for the update.  Unfortunately, your changes only partially fixes the problem.  Now, when adding tracks to a playlist, the album art panel show nothing instead of the default.jpg in the fb2k directory.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #418

Update solved my issue.  For my settings I don't use any image when there is no artwork, just a black background.  Glad that the image goes away now after going from an album with art to one without.  Thanks.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #420
Binaries and source updated to v0.045.
Please "Reset" your sources list.

I now believe I have definitively fixed the sporadic pure virtual function calls with the special albumart. It seems I was releasing some handles I shouldn't have been. Please check to see if it is indeed fixed on your machines as well.
I also added a minimum height configuration as you can see.
Above all, I have implemented cyclable sources. The way this works is you either use the context menu or assign mouse gestures to at least "Next source" and possibly to the less integral, yet convenient, "First source." So, when you "Next source" it will use the next available source. To allow better use of this feature, I have enhanced the source list so that any source that has a "-" in front of it (before "match:" or anything else) and it will become a sub-source of the last non-"-" source. What this means is that if you have something like
$whatever()folder.jpg
-$whatever()folder.png
-$whatever()folder.gif
-match:$whatever()*cover*
-match:$whatever()*front*
-default.jpg
match:$whatever()back.*
-match:$whatever()*back*
-match:$whatever()*alt*
-default_alternate.jpg
$whatever()something else.jpg
-default.jpg
then, the first source will be the first non-"-" and if it works then it is display. If it does not, then the next one's used etc. Now, when you "Next source" then it will make it start looking from the next non-"-". Now, that's only the basic behavior. Its whole behavior is too complex for me to bother to outline here, but I made it so it acts in the most convenient way... at least as I see it. So, like "Next source"ing which leads to the same thing will make it skip to the next source for the offset... well, kinda. Just experiment with it, and please report any quirkiness, because it may occur. Now, you can do crazy stuff like have the first source as a "-" and you might get some desirable effects from it, but I find it kinda foolish, but it does work, it doesn't just crap out when you do that.
Now, the "Revert to first source when current source would result in different display" simply means that it will set it to the default (first) source whenever using the current source on any track being processed (whether because of a new track, new focus, or album list) would have resulted in something else than what has already been displayed. So, this is basically good for when you want it to revert to the first source when a new album starts playing.
I now all this might sound really confusing, that's because it is. I suggest you either experiment or, even better, if you can comprehend simple programming logic, just check out the source code and see how it works and look for all the set_image overloadings and func_NextSource.

...phew.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #421
Howdy, rexy,

Thanks for the update.  It sounds very exciting.  I just wanted to report that I upgraded from the last version you uploaded by simply overwriting the old foo_uie_albumart.dll file, then ran foobar, and as per your instructions, hit the reset button under the source list, and foobar froze up on me.  It might have just been taking a really long time to finish resetting, but I'm not that patient. 

Anyway, if it is very important that we reset our source lists before we start using this version, then I recommend that people delete their old foo_uie_albumart.dll file (back it up, of course), then start foobar, then close foobar and copy the new foo_uie_albumart.dll file into the componenets directory and restart foobar.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #422
Just curious, but rather than using
$whatever()folder.jpg
-$whatever()folder.png
-$whatever()folder.gif

couldn't you just use
 match:$whatever()folder.*
?
My setup has a lot of that stuff.  For example:
match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))$replace(%artist% - %album%,:,_,?,_,/,_,\,_,³,_,",_,ð,_).*

Works for covers tht are in the same dir with a "Artist - Album" name scheme.  All the $replace things are for things with special characters in the title.

Rexy: Great plugin, As soon as I get some sleep and can understand what this new stuff means I'll give it try.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #423
Above all, I have implemented cyclable sources.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270524"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is awesome. Makes me want to scan all my albums (front->back->disc).
f to c to f to c

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #424
Binaries and source updated to v0.045.
Please "Reset" your sources list.

... I also added a minimum height configuration as you can see.

Thanks. That's what I'm trying on the source in v0.044 with no luck.

Above all, I have implemented cyclable sources. The way this works is you either use the context menu or assign mouse gestures to at least "Next source" and possibly to the less integral, yet convenient, "First source." So, when you "Next source" it will use the next available source....
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270524"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could it implement as a sub-menu? Such that all available source defined are listed in the submenu items?

Again, thanks for your updates.