Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Uploads For The Tag-standards Discussion (Read 16823 times) previous topic - next topic

Uploads For The Tag-standards Discussion

Masstagger scripts to convert default PLAY_DATE and PLAY_TIME to the recommended LAST_PLAYED standard.

A second masstagger-script allows to undo the changes.

IMPORTANT: this only works if you use the default tags and format of playcounter. Be carefull not to accidentally mix those two scripts up, or you may loose either all LAST_PLAYED tags or all PLAY_DATE and PLAY_TIME tags.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #2
Lyx, it worked just great, but now what do i do, just keep the original naming scheme with the play counter plug-in and keep mass tagging behind each file played so that it shows up proper in my last played column? or are we waiting for an update to that plug in to write one tag instead of two?

edit: clarification

Reply #3
i'd say the most reasonable choice instead is:
- either stay with the old-format until playcount has been updated with the new default, and THEN use the masstagger-scripts
- or use the masstagger-scripts now, and change the setting in the playcount-plugin yourself. Someone else may be able to post the setting for playcount to make it use the new format _in the other thread_ (this thread here should mostly stay for uploads, while the other one is for everything else)

Reply #4
anyone willing to help me convert this combination of play_date format (08.01.2005 ) & play_time (20:52:27) into the standard LAST_PLAYED format? i don't know what came over me to set it up like that in the first place
I felt weak, perhaps I was.

Reply #5
Please post your exact field-format - then i can adjust the posted converter-script to work with your format. But when i dont know for sure exact format of your fields (for example, i dont know if the brackets are part of the format or not), then you may end up having all of your play_date tags deleted.

- Lyx

Reply #6
Please post your exact field-format - then i can adjust the posted converter-script to work with your format. - Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275713"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

these are the two tags i used:

PLAY_DATE=02.01.2005
PLAY_TIME=18:57:53

thank you in advance
I felt weak, perhaps I was.

Reply #7
The following masstagger-script converts:

PLAY_DATE: DD-MM-YYYY
PLAY_TIME: hh-mm-ss

to the last_played format. The dash can also be any other single-char-seperator.

Test it on a single file first before applying it to many files.

- Lyx

Reply #8
how do i add this scripts?
i choosed the files --> mastagger --> edit tags --> add from file...

it doesnt recognize the file inside the zip cause it have no extenstion.
i change the extension to mts, and i get error (see attach).
what's my problem?

edit: btw, how do i change the script so theyll be good for my tags?
i use
PLAY_DATE - %D/%M/%Y
PLAY_TIME - $H:$M:$S

thanx.

Reply #9
Just redownloaded the zip and there are mts-extensions inside of it - maybe you got a broken download or something went wrong during extraction?

Anyways, the scripts in the first post will not work for your files, because they are meant only for people who use the default format of play_count. But the script which i did post in my previous post should work for your files. But test it on a single file first.

Loading the script works just like you explained it - "add from file" in the masstagger.

- Lyx

Reply #10
thank you very much Lyx! works great.
my IE corrupted th file.

Reply #11
Was of great help. Thanks!