Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Enqueuing opens another foobar (Read 3445 times) previous topic - next topic

Enqueuing opens another foobar

When I right click in windows explorer and select Enqueue in foobar2000 it always opens another instance of foobar. Wonder what I did to make it do this as I want it to enqueue in the already exisiting foobar. It used to behave correctly but stopped somehow. 

Reply #1
By your description, I guess you have two copies of foobar2000 installed, and the files are associated with the "wrong" one. You could solve that by running fooassoc.exe from the directory of the "right" one.

Reply #2
When I right click in windows explorer and select Enqueue in foobar2000 it always opens another instance of foobar. Wonder what I did to make it do this as I want it to enqueue in the already exisiting foobar. It used to behave correctly but stopped somehow. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=280424"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Offtopic, but this reminds of that bug when opening multiple files in winamp would open 50 instances of winamp if you opened 50 files! It was supposedly fixed, but still happens even with the latest one. I think it's a bug with windows 9x, though.

Reply #3
Winamp uses FindWindow to locate an existing main window, then creates its own window. In the event that you start multiple instances without an existing instance to detect, it is likely that several will pass the FindWindow test before any of them create the window.

A more secure method is to use a named mutex object. This is what foobar2000 does.