Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch Convert Multiple FLAC w/ ONLY FLac.EXE (Read 4526 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch Convert Multiple FLAC w/ ONLY FLac.EXE

I need a way to decompress multiple flac files to wav within one dir using only flac.exe

From the looks of its sytax you can only decompress one file at a time. Im hoping theres a batch guru out there that could tell me how to do it in a batch file.

Im making a Context Menu option on right click of all cue files to burn the image. It has to first decompress the flac files to wav then burn the cue. Thats why I need CLI.

Hopefully someone can lend a hand.

Cheers

Reply #1
IIRC, you can list the files for decoding, space separated.

Reply #2
Edit: Yeah John's right - if you drag a load of WAVEs onto FLAC.EXE it processes them all.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #3
thanks fellas.. but I dont think that'll be able to help in my situation.

The batch file has to process anything in the directory of the cue file. Its dynamic so the names etc will change all the time.

Reply #4
...  Im hoping theres a batch guru out there that could tell me how to do it in a batch file....

Assuming you're on windows NT/2000/XP you can use the 'for' command, for example save the following to a batch file 'list.bat' and modify for your needs:

Code: [Select]
@echo off
for %%f in (folder\*.txt) do type %%f | more

If that doesn't satisfy, you may have to go for a more heavyweight script language...!

HTH! 

Reply #5
I would use:

Code: [Select]
FOR /R %1 %%G IN (*.flac) DO FLAC.EXE -d "%%G"

Save this in a .bat file, pass a folder as the parameter, and the batch file will decode any flac file in the folder, or its subfolders.

If you look at my batch file APE-DECODE.BAT there is a more "grandiose" example.
I'm on a horse.