Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Making CD image from separate tracks (Read 12840 times) previous topic - next topic

Making CD image from separate tracks

WAV Tools joins WAV files to create a CD image, optionally compensating for your burner's write offset, and adding a pre-gap (since EAC doesn't copy the pre-gap when ripping in track mode). This is useful when you have a cuesheet for a single WAV file but have each track stored in separate WAV files. It can also be used to offset a single WAV (CD image) without doing any joining. Input files must be 44100 Hz, 16 bit, stereo.

"Write Offset" is the same value you would use in EAC's "Write samples offset" setting. For most CDs you will not have to add a pre-gap, but if the cuesheet has an INDEX 00 for the first track, you can add a pre-gap using the timestamp of INDEX 01.

Download: WAV Tools (.NET v1.1 Framework required, available at Windows Update.  C# source code is included in the download.)

EDIT:  Updated description and screenshot.

Reply #1
I would be interested in seeing both the application, and the source.

What do you burn the WAVE image with?

I'm just thinking, if you revert to a WAVE with cuesheet, why not just burn in EAC? The offset requirement is then unnecessary (if you have EAC set up with your write offset - which I assume you must).

I've read something else about amending the WAVE so that it is offset corrected, but can't remember where.

I guess the answer is that this is a requirement if EAC doesn't support your burner.

Anyway, I'm always up for checking out new software - and any new tools should always be encouraged.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
I would be interested in seeing both the application, and the source.

What do you burn the WAVE image with?

I'm just thinking, if you revert to a WAVE with cuesheet, why not just burn in EAC? The offset requirement is then unnecessary (if you have EAC set up with your write offset - which I assume you must).

I've read something else about amending the WAVE so that it is offset corrected, but can't remember where.

I guess the answer is that this is a requirement if EAC doesn't support your burner.

Anyway, I'm always up for checking out new software - and any new tools should always be encouraged.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293132"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I burn it with Nero.  EAC didn't work with my old HP burner, and I don't think it works with my LiteOn either.  I did manage to burn an offset test disc once, I think that was with my NEC DVD burner.

Reply #3
Okay, I have released the first version.  EDIT: See first post for download link.

I would like to add a few more features at least:
  • Selecting source/destination files by drag-and-drop from Windows Explorer.
  • Ability to re-order source files, or add source files from more than one folder.
  • Adding a configurable amount of silence to the beginning of the output, in case the first track has a pre-gap longer than 2 seconds that wasn't ripped.
Enjoy

Reply #4
Thanks.  I'll take a look.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #5
Hi!

I'm also interested in a tool, which can set write offset correction. At the moment only EAC can burn with write offset correction, but I don't use it to burn. As far as I know, Gambit is also plan to add write offset correction to Burrrn.

But this tool is very useful anyway! This way we can burn with Nero with write offset. Thanks for this.
There was a small discussion about write offset here:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=30992
Lameb is also capable to set write offset in a wav file, but it requires Perl for Windows, and it's a command line program.

If anybody is interested, there is a tool to do the inverse process, Cue Splitter splits a single wav file based on cue sheet information (I know EAC can do this, but I like small tools like Wav Tools) http://www.enfis.it/details.php?id=16

Reply #6
Thank you - yes, I think LAMEB was the one I was thinking of.

For splittingto tracks by cuesheet I would recommend ACDIR.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #7
For splittingto tracks by cuesheet I would recommend ACDIR.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293227"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for this info. I've downloaded and tried, but there is no any usage readme. How can we use?

Reply #8
Try:

ACDIR --help

ACDIR --help-commands

ACDIR --help-variables

Also, take a look at the included batch files for examples.

nyaochi is aware that he needs more documentation, and I have voluntered to help, but it is only version 0.9 at the moment.

I use (off the top of my head):

ACDIR --output "$~A\$~T\$n - $~t.mp3" --pipe "LAME -V5 --athaa-sensitivity 1 --tt $#t --ta $#a --tl $#T --tn $#n - $#o" CDImage.cue

... which will split CDImage.wav using CDImage.cue and create tagged track MP3s of the format <artist>\<album>\<tracknumber> - <title>.mp3

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: edited my command line ($t -> $~t)[/span]
I'm on a horse.

Reply #9
Thanks Synthetic, I will try.

Reply #10
1.1.0 has been released.

Changes:
  • Source/destination files can be selected by drag-and-drop from Windows Explorer.
  • Adding source files doesn't clear the old ones, and Clear/Remove/Up/Down buttons have been added.
  • Write offset is now stored in a configuration file.
  • Option to add a pre-gap to the beginning of the image.
  • Window is resizable.
Also, the WAVReader/WAVWriter classes have been improved (though it doesn't make a difference for WAV files from CD).  They can now read/write large files (>2 gigs, and even >4 gigs), and padding is now handled properly (RIFF chunks should be padded to the nearest 2-byte boundary).

EDIT: I guess I should add some details about the large file support.  For WAVReader, if the WAV file is larger than 2 gigs, the sizes in the headers are ignored.  This isn't usually a good idea, since there can be extra information after the 'data' chunk, but most WAV files don't have this extra information (and if they do, IMHO it's better to get some junk samples at the end than only being able to read a portion of the file).  For WAVWriter, if the output is larger than 2 gigs, the sizes in the header are set to just under 2 gigs (so most programs will just read the first 2 gigs of it, but the rest of the data is still stored in the file).

Reply #11
Thanks Moitah, that's really great!

I have just a question: The Write Offset entered into the program, is Write Offset or Write Offset Correction? So let's suppose that the wav file has 0 offset in the hard disk (reading was offset corrected), and the burner has N write offset (not write offset correction). Then the entered number is N or -N?

Reply #12
I have just a question: The Write Offset entered into the program, is Write Offset or Write Offset Correction?

It's the write offset, which is the same value you would enter in EAC's "Write samples offset" textbox.  For negative offsets, it adds samples to the beginning and removes samples from the end.  For positive offsets, it removes samples from the beginning and adds samples to the end.

Reply #13
This was a great idea Moitah. I'm going to check it out right now.