Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [QUESTION]Failed to load DLL: foo_msn.dll (Read 12057 times) previous topic - next topic

[QUESTION]Failed to load DLL: foo_msn.dll

I downloaded the foo_msn.dll from http://www.myplugins.info and put it into the foobar components directory.  one computer starts foobar normally, the others show error message about "INFO (CORE) : startup time: 766 ms
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_msn.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL."

what should i do next?

The same problem also happened on foo_quicktag yesterday, but it is fine now .

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 610 ms
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_quicktag.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_msn.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.

Reply #1
I've got the same problem..I'm using 0.9 b4. Can anyone help?
Cheers

Reply #2
Old plugins don't work with foobar 0.9. They will probably be updated when the SDK for 0.9 is released, which will happen when 0.9 goes final which will happen when it's done.

Reply #4
add this file:
http://mozdev.elliptic.fr/minimizetotray/m...ray/msvcr71.dll
to your system32 or system dir 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330376"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Running Win Xp Pro64. Tried putting the file in my sys32. Didnt work. Tried to put it in my Syswow64, the file was allready there. Renamed original and replaced it with the above mentioned. Didnt work.

Any other tips or tricks? Running latest Foobar2000 0.9 beta 13. Msn Messenger 7.5.

Reply #5
See MC Escher's post - plugins for foobar2000 0.8.3 will not work with 0.9 betas
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #6
Running Win Xp Pro64. Tried putting the file in my sys32. Didnt work. Tried to put it in my Syswow64, the file was allready there. Renamed original and replaced it with the above mentioned. Didnt work.

Any other tips or tricks? Running latest Foobar2000 0.9 beta 13. Msn Messenger 7.5.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=361088"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is a different issue than in the posts above. You cannot use components for 0.8.3 with 0.9 beta; they are incompatible. Until 0.9 goes final, there will be no public SDK and thus no version of foo_msn for 0.9.