Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What is a good Soundcard upgrade for Laptop (Read 3626 times) previous topic - next topic

What is a good Soundcard upgrade for Laptop

Hi, I was wondering what is the best soundcard upgrade option for the laptop.  I'm currently thinking of getting the new Audigy 2 ZS Notebook.  Or do you know of an even better soundcard internal or external? I'm looking for the best sound quality, money is not a problem.  Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
Hi, I was wondering what is the best soundcard upgrade option for the laptop. I'm currently thinking of getting the Audigy 2 ZS Notebook. Is there a better option? I'm looking for the best sound quality. Thanks in advance.

Yes there is that depends on your budget and whether or not you wouldn't mind getting a PCMCIA card http://www.zzounds.com/item--ECHINDIGOIO. I would check out the Echo Indigo. There are a few users on this board who are probably more familiar with it and use it than I am, but it's excellent at least from what I understand and read about it. Audigy is not a card many members of this forum put too much of a liking into to sum it up in short . I am sure their are several out there that I am just not familiar with too 
budding I.T professional

Reply #2
I second that.
I was researching the same thing just recently and found out that the indigo io appears to be the most reasonable choice today for professional audio for laptops. This review might help a little.

Reply #3
I use the Indigo on a daily basis and I find it to be a superior product.  Drivers are solid.  Latency is super low (if that's a concern).  The sound is smooth and accurate and the headphone output has plenty of juice.  It also has two outputs, which can come in handy, and the volume control on the unit is solid.  The drivers also have this cool 'virtual output' mixer where you can send output from many applications to the soundcard through a little mixing window in the driver config, creating custom balances and routing.  The high resolution output 24/96 sounds quite nice as well.

Reply #5
Then I'll probably get the Indigo IO.  How will I be able to connect them to my Klipsch Promedia 5.1 speakers?

Reply #6
The Indigo is stereo, so your Klipsch are out in that combo.

EDIT Well unless you upmix with creative cabling or just ignore some of the speakers. Upmixing will probably make the little amps starve for signal though and put a good load on them.
Medium Pimpin...

Reply #7
Damn...is there some type of converter I can buy so I can put my speakers to use?

Reply #8
If money really is not an issue, I'd seriously consider Apogee Mini-Me (and perhaps Mini-DAC).
But for the Mini-Me, you'd have to spend some mighty 1,339.00 USD.