Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
EAC/LAME configuration issue?, Created WAV and MP3 files have no sound
macarser
post Aug 1 2005, 21:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23635

I searched through the previous posts in hopes for an answer but didn't see one so was hoping someone could help me.

I always use the combo of EAC and LAME to make mp3's out of my store bought CD's, however normally using LAME through EAC has always resulted in mp3's with nothing but silence in them, no sound, so I had to run WinLAME manually and do it that way.

I have recently gotten a new machine and so re-installed EAC and LAME/WinLAME, but now even the WAV files ripped from EAC are coming up with nothing but silence, there's no sound, nothing that triggers anything in the visualizations.

Is there some sort of setting I have configured wrong, or has anyone else but me seen this before?

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Supernaut
post Aug 1 2005, 22:15
Post #2

Member No.: 13359

I've had that happen when using the Native Win32 interface for WinNT/2000/XP. Installing an external ASPI interface solved the problem.
+Quote Post
macarser
post Aug 1 2005, 22:58
Post #3

Member No.: 23635

QUOTE (Supernaut @ Aug 1 2005, 04:15 PM)
I've had that happen when using the Native Win32 interface for WinNT/2000/XP. Installing an external ASPI interface solved the problem.

I already did have ASPI 4.60 Layer in Windows installed, and EAC is configured for "Installed external ASPI interface". Per your suggestion I went and installed ForceASPI 1.7 and am still getting the same results, although honestly I could not actually specify in EAC which to use, so it may still be using the wrong one. :/

I noticed an unavailable option in EAC which are the ASPI drivers for VOB Instant CD/DVD, yet it appears this product is no longer available. Was EAC support for this never upgraded to Pinnacle's newer product line?

This post has been edited by macarser: Aug 1 2005, 22:59
+Quote Post
kheops
post Aug 1 2005, 23:11
Post #4

Member No.: 1724

double check that the read features are correct for your drive, also, check the "drive read command" setting or autodetect it once again

+
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:13