25 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
LyricsDB discussion, discussion of the foo_lyricsdb plugin
wolfsong
post Dec 22 2005, 15:11
Post #101

Group: Members
Member No.: 24536

I've looked but I can't seem to figure out how to upload lyrics. What am I missing?

--------------------
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/wolfsong/"]Last.fm Profile[/url]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Anas
post Dec 22 2005, 16:30
Post #102

Member No.: 21968

Are you registered?
+Quote Post
wolfsong
post Dec 22 2005, 16:45
Post #103

QUOTE (Anas @ Dec 22 2005, 10:30 AM)
Are you registered?

yes

--------------------
+Quote Post
dug
post Dec 22 2005, 21:36
Post #104

Group: Developer
Member No.: 22902

QUOTE (wolfsong @ Dec 22 2005, 05:11 PM)
I've looked but I can't seem to figure out how to upload lyrics. What am I missing?
By the plugin? Just right-click on song and select "export to db". If you want to edit some lyrics by the web-interface you must login first, then find the html with lyrics (using "artists" link for example) and click "edit" at the bottom.

--------------------
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht
+Quote Post
wolfsong
post Dec 23 2005, 18:29
Post #105

QUOTE (dug @ Dec 22 2005, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (wolfsong @ Dec 22 2005, 05:11 PM)
By the plugin? Just right-click on song and select "export to db". If you want to edit some lyrics by the web-interface you must login first, then find the html with lyrics (using "artists" link for example) and click "edit" at the bottom.

hmm... So when I choose that I get a warning that there aren't any lyrics, yet they are being displayed. I went into LyricMake and was able to load them from tags but when I checked them in TagScanner they weren't there. From TagScanner I pulled them back in and rechecked in Foobar; they aren't found by LyricMake or LyricDB but they do display.

I think the problem might be either the tag LyricMake is using %LYRIC% is incorrect or it's writing the tag in the wrong place. Are there any known issues with LyricMake & LyricDB?

--------------------
+Quote Post
dug
post Dec 23 2005, 18:50
Post #106

QUOTE (wolfsong @ Dec 23 2005, 08:29 PM)
I think the problem might be either the tag LyricMake is using %LYRIC% is incorrect or it's writing the tag in the wrong place. Are there any known issues with LyricMake & LyricDB?
The tag name is %LYRICS% for lyricsdb (and lyrics panel, for example). That's some convenience "de facto". But yes, sure, it must be configurable gr... maybe I'll find some time today for this.
p.s. Is it really just tag name issue? Try to view all tags by the foobar's common tags viewer...
p.p.s. Never used LyricMake...
p.p.p.s I'm not native english-speaking person, but is "lyric" corect word for song-text? I thought that "lyric" is adjective.
+Quote Post
wolfsong
post Dec 23 2005, 19:05
Post #107

QUOTE (dug @ Dec 23 2005, 12:50 PM)
The tag name is %LYRICS% for lyricsdb (and lyrics panel, for example). That's some convenience "de facto". But yes, sure, it must be configurable gr... maybe I'll find some time today for this.
p.s. Is it really just tag name issue? Try to view all tags by the foobar's common tags viewer...
p.p.s. Never used LyricMake...
p.p.p.s I'm not native english-speaking person, but is "lyric" corect word for song-text? I thought that "lyric" is adjective.

There is a configuration option in LyricMake but it seems to have corrupted some (not all) other tags after I looked in the comments so I'm leary of using it anymore.

How do you add lyrics? LyricMake is the only thing I've found so far that does this.

Either lyric or lyrics is correct and both are nouns.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mobyduck
post Dec 24 2005, 09:42
Post #108

Member No.: 6159

QUOTE (wolfsong @ Dec 23 2005, 10:05 AM)
How do you add lyrics? LyricMake is the only thing I've found so far that does this.
If you're talking about timestamped lyrics (not supported by lyricsdb AFAIK) then I think LyricMake is your only option at the moment. Otherwise you can use lyricsdb or foobar.

HTH.

Alessandro
+Quote Post
Anas
post Dec 24 2005, 10:10
Post #109

Member No.: 21968

QUOTE (wolfsong @ Dec 23 2005, 08:05 PM)

I took a look in my dictionary:
Lyric is and adjective and lyrics is a noun.
Lyric as a noun means poetry.
+Quote Post
dug
post Dec 24 2005, 11:10
Post #110

QUOTE (wolfsong @ Dec 23 2005, 09:05 PM)
There is a configuration option in LyricMake but it seems to have corrupted some (not all) other tags after I looked in the comments so I'm leary of using it anymore.
(what a nice plugin)
QUOTE (wolfsong @ Dec 23 2005, 09:05 PM)
Plain-text lyrics? By the lyricsdb - either "import from db" or "edit lyrics" from context menu (right-click, Lyrics->edit lyrics).
upd: and yes, LyricsDB oses not support timestamped lyrics in any way.

This post has been edited by dug: Dec 24 2005, 11:13

--------------------
+Quote Post
dug
post Dec 24 2005, 23:53
Post #111

I think the problem might be either the tag LyricMake is using %LYRIC% is incorrect or it's writing the tag in the wrong place.

added configurability for the tag name in the second beta of 0.0.6. can get it there: http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/files/foo_lyricsdb_beta2.zip. Nothing else has been changed.
+Quote Post
wolfsong
post Dec 26 2005, 06:57
Post #112

QUOTE (Anas @ Dec 24 2005, 04:10 AM)
QUOTE (wolfsong @ Dec 23 2005, 08:05 PM)

I took a look in my dictionary:
Lyric is and adjective and lyrics is a noun.
Lyric as a noun means poetry.

Yes it can be used as an adjective but it's also a noun. See last listing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
wolfsong
post Dec 26 2005, 06:59
Post #113

QUOTE (dug @ Dec 24 2005, 05:53 PM)
I think the problem might be either the tag LyricMake is using %LYRIC% is incorrect or it's writing the tag in the wrong place.

added configurability for the tag name in the second beta of 0.0.6. can get it there: http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/files/foo_lyricsdb_beta2.zip. Nothing else has been changed.

Thanks for the update option!

--------------------
+Quote Post
donnie
post Dec 28 2005, 02:59
Post #114

Member No.: 25865

I think this is a great plugin and I'd just like to add my voice. I know both of these have already been requested but I would also love to see the ability to download to a .lrc file rather than the tag and the ability to keep timestamps.

I prefer to use .lrc files rather than tags as large tags (or at least the reading of them by lyric show etc) conflict with another plugin (foo_remote). I also prefer not to mess about with tags generally as it confuses my mp3 player.

I know you're busy with lots of things so I'm not expecting these to necessarily be implemented but in a perfect world Id love to have them.
+Quote Post
Nathrakh
post Apr 4 2006, 12:14
Post #115

Member No.: 28778

"Too bad" i have no request regarding the plugin but to port it to Foobar2000 version 0.9
It's the only reason I'm still hangin' to version 8.3 wink.gif

But anyway, thanks for this really great plugin!
+Quote Post
dug
post Apr 6 2006, 21:06
Post #116

QUOTE (Nathrakh @ Apr 4 2006, 02:14 PM) *
"Too bad" i have no request regarding the plugin but to port it to Foobar2000 version 0.9
It's the only reason I'm still hangin' to version 8.3 wink.gif

But anyway, thanks for this really great plugin!
Thanks, really glad to hear it. I hadn't have msvc2005, so couldn't try to recompile for 0.9. I tryed today, and it'll take some time. There's new SDK issues as well as new msvc and xml parser or whatever ones.
By the way i haven't appreciated new foobar at all and think i'll just return to 0.8.3 as soon as i'll release new version of the plugin (but i'll do my best to release it as soon as possible)...
And i've added to my "todo" list serious database speed optimisations, just right after release of the plugin for 0.9...

--------------------
+Quote Post
badly
post Apr 10 2006, 04:06
Post #117

Member No.: 29347

we really do want a new version of your plugin for 0.9! can't wait until it'll be done! your plugin and lyrics db are best!
+Quote Post
dug
post Apr 10 2006, 09:55
Post #118

QUOTE (badly @ Apr 10 2006, 06:06 AM) *
we really do want a new version of your plugin for 0.9! can't wait until it'll be done! your plugin and lyrics db are best!
They changed a lot in the the API, I spent several hours trying to compile the plugin somehow (by disabling part after part) and nothing. Seems I have to create empty project and recreate all the plugin structure, It'll take some time. I, actually don't really want to write this plugin from empty list and don't have much time for it. If somebody wants to do it I can give sources for 0.8.3 it's not a problem, but I think it'll be much easyer to create totally new plugin, all what you need is the protocol desctiption and it's avaliable on the site. I'll support it in every way: it's what I actually want: alternatives for my plugin (for other players, for example), it must be fun!
So, back to the subject: I'm sorry, it can take month or even more, it's sad, I know, but that's it. Or may be I'm wrong and I just have forgoten to set some option and there's no problems at all, but I have some doubts about it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
francesco
post Apr 14 2006, 06:39
Post #119

Member No.: 27378

to me the plug in is very slow , but finds a lot of lyrics

strange i'm not able to export!
+Quote Post
mobyduck
post Apr 14 2006, 07:05
Post #120

Member No.: 6159

QUOTE (francesco @ Apr 13 2006, 09:39 PM) *
I think you have to register and put your registration info in the plugin preferences.

I wish a developer could help dug porting it... I'm not aware of similar problems for the other ported plugins, so there's hopefully a workaround.

Alessandro
+Quote Post
dug
post Apr 14 2006, 18:52
Post #121

QUOTE (francesco @ Apr 14 2006, 08:39 AM) *
to me the plug in is very slow , but finds a lot of lyrics

yep, there are speed problems, I am aware of. It's on my todo list next to porting the plugin for 0.9.
And you don't have to be registred to export, really strange.

--------------------
+Quote Post
dug
post Apr 17 2006, 22:54
Post #122

The old versions of the plugin (0.0.4 or older) are not supported any more. It's half a year sinse release of 0.0.5, and some people keep using 0.0.4 or even older versions. Time to update.

A little database speedup, a little functionality restrictions (in the web-interface mainly).

--------------------
+Quote Post
sprouts42
post Apr 22 2006, 20:38
Post #123

Member No.: 29881

This plugin has finally forced me to register. Whenever I try to download lyrics it always tells me that lyrics cannot be found, I have set the server to http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/cgi-bin/lepserver.cgi and have played with various settings for ages with no change.

Anyone know why the plug-in cannot find lyrics, I am trying tracks that I can quite clearly see in http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/.
+Quote Post
dug
post Apr 23 2006, 16:42
Post #124

QUOTE (sprouts42 @ Apr 22 2006, 10:38 PM) *
This plugin has finally forced me to register. Whenever I try to download lyrics it always tells me that lyrics cannot be found, I have set the server to http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/cgi-bin/lepserver.cgi and have played with various settings for ages with no change.

Anyone know why the plug-in cannot find lyrics, I am trying tracks that I can quite clearly see in http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/.
if you have icq, you can tell me your UIN and we'll try to play with it when we will be both on-line.

--------------------
+Quote Post
dug
post Apr 29 2006, 15:15
Post #125

So, here it is: http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/files/foo_lyricsdb_007_beta0.zip: works only under foobar2k version 0.9 and above.

You may also need msvcr80.dll and msvcp80.dll to run this plugin.

Can't remmember any changes since secod 0.0.6 beta, just ported to the new SDK.

--------------------
+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:38