Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simple drivers for integrated sound? (Read 6381 times) previous topic - next topic

Simple drivers for integrated sound?

Hello, I have a system (based on ASRock K7S8X) in which there's PCI soundcard used for music, etc. and also with integrated C-media audio device, up to now unused. However I want to use it from now on with Skype and such, so I won't have to play with cabling or buy USB handset. However the C-media drivers look a bit like...bloatware to me. Are there any drivers available that are just the simplest imaginable thing?

Reply #1
The bloated bit may be limited to a single tray application, you could check your startup folder in your start menu, or use msconfig (startup tab), to remove it from the list.

If that doesn't work or sounds too difficult, try uninstalling the driver, it is possible windows already has a basic driver for it, which it will then use, or perhaps you can obtain it via windows update.
Veni Vidi Vorbis.

Reply #2
No, Windows doesn't have driver for it. It doesn't have a lot of drivers for audio stuff. Windows 2003.
And yes, of course I have no tray apps. Bloated for me in this is case is...putting some files regarding 3d sound/etc. in system dir and control panel. I'd like just a basic driver. Like the one recent Windows load for Aureal for example...

Reply #3
If there's no driver available through windows update either, i think you may be out of luck.
Veni Vidi Vorbis.

Reply #4
Well, I'm describing the one from Windows Update :/ (though supplied by C-media anyway :/ )