IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

EAC alternatives, Ripping problems
Vietwoojagig
post Oct 28 2005, 10:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3916

After ripping a 3 year old CD-R with my best CD-Drive and with EAC using the lowest secure error-correction-mode it took me 36 hours(!) of ripping the CD. I was asking myself if the strategy to try 16 times the same sector until 8 sectors are equal (and this 1, 3 or 5 times) is really a good strategy to get a good result with the absolute necessary number of retries. Why 8 times out of 16? Why not 2 times? Why not less retries? In my case even the 16 retries are overkill.

OK, I have a lot of these CD-Rs which seems to loose their content over the years and I don't have the time to rip each CD 36 hours, so I try to rip them, with EAC, and if it takes to long I cancel the job.

So I was searching for an alternative end ended with the windows-version of CDDA2WAV (btw: the links to cdda2wav and cdrtools seem all to be broken). But I'm not quite sure about the paranoid-mode and the options. Can someone tell me something about this mode and good parameters?

Are there other alternatives for windows which have a more adjustable error-correction strategy?

And: No. These CDs are not scratched or dirty, and the CD-Drive is a really good one. The quality of the CD-Rs are obvious poor. That's the reason why I want to rescue as much of these problematic CDs before they disapear forever.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 19:30