Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMPTSE (Read 309282 times) previous topic - next topic

WMPTSE

Reply #150
Sorry, no idea about The GodFather... but I think the tag in the FLAC file should be "ALBUMARTIST"  - I'm pretty sure you can manipulate it in foobar2000.

([a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364863"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just took one untagged flac and used The GodFather to lookup its info from AMG.
Applied the info.
Opened the file using foobar and looked at the file's properties.
There is an Album Artist tag set.

Would it be recognized in MCE? No idea as I do not have it.

The latest beta version of TGF also allows running online scripts for AMG and other sources. Does a nice job, better than track lookup within WMP10 for me.

Might want to give it a try using the online capabilities.

WMPTSE

Reply #151
In foobar you are able to 'add' a tag type. If you select 'properties' by right clicking on a file (or in masstagger|edit tags|add|set type...) there is a drop down box listing tag types. You can just type in the top area any tag you want, such as ALBUMARTIST. Masstagger gives you the opportunity to add this info to ALL your files. If you set the proper syntax it will search for and write album info by directory structure, filename, etc... a very useful tool

WMPTSE

Reply #152
Would it be recognized in MCE? No idea as I do not have it.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364882"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That all depends how TGF writes the tags.  As we said a few times before, it should populate ALBUMARTIST for FLAC... I'm pretty sure MaB_fr confirmed earlier in this thread that WMPTSE uses this standard tag.

For Windows MCE... you need to care what Windows Media Player sees, since that's what is used for the database.

WMPTSE

Reply #153
Sorry, no idea about The GodFather... but I think the tag in the FLAC file should be "ALBUMARTIST"  - I'm pretty sure you can manipulate it in foobar2000.

(As we've gone over numerous time, Album Artist is the overall Artist of the album/recording -- the one you want to organize by -- and Artist would contain the "contributing" artist(s) performing on the specific track.)

Anyway... In WMP 10, it's there... just add the column if you haven't set it to be visible.  (Right click on the column header and add it.)

No, "Album Artist" is not "Composer" -- and regarding "Band", in MP3... the TPE2 tag is often used as Album Artist... it's also known as "Band" in the ID3v2.3 pseudo-standard.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364863"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey thanks! FINALLY, I found a way to add the 'albumartist' tag!!

So, for anyone else having the same problem I've had here's the fix. As far as I can tell, and I could be wrong, there is no way to add the 'albumartist' tag in the GodFather... but seeing how extensive that program is I would bet that it can be done, it just probably involves some serious digging, and trust me, I dug for the answers!

As for foobar2000... Here is where I was having trouble. I would load a few songs in, and then highlight them all. Then I would right click, properties, add new, and now there would appear a drop down menu where I could select a 'field name'.... HOWEVER, the only tags appearing as options here for me are "Album, artist, comment, composer, date, genre, performer, title, tracknumber" and as you can see no field named 'albumartist'. But, little did I know, you can manually add a field by just typing it in. So I just typed in ALBUMARTIST, and in the field value I put the name of the artist there.

And wadda-ya-know... it works in MCE now!! Brilliant. However, I have still noted some weirdness in WMP, and I have to say that I think it is one of the worst interfaces, and I have always hated using WMP. But since I'm moderately happy with MCE, then I'm forced to use the WMP engine that drives the 'My Music' portion of MCE.

Thanks all for the help, and thanks MaB for the plugin!

Lata,
Guy Smiley 

WMPTSE

Reply #154
Hello from NZ

You're welcome...

Can't resist a bit of The Net while it s raining in beautifull Te Anau...

I thought it should help the release of 1.0 to get a strong definite bug list...

As the bug report tool in sourceforge is, at least for me, overhead, i'd like every user of WMPTSE (at least the one reading this) to report bug in here in a common form.

For example (it is not a bug, it is just obvious, so usefull for this )

<example>
Action : Clicking on "refresh now" button
Expected result : Instant refreshing of the library
Actual result : No action or change done
Suspected cause : MaB is dumb
</example>

You can be more litterate, but i will certainly ask detail later so keep it under 2 lines each...

It's yours to help

MaB_Fr

WMPTSE

Reply #155
Hi,

It seems my code is just plain perfect 

As long as nobody report bug, i can't detect them, so i'll go on. The good thing is, i will be able to use this lack of report an excuse for any bug that might show up after 1.0 release  :-)
1.0 is near, so it may happen very soon.

As for today, here is 0.9.9.4. The last debug release if i believe the bug report...

Not so much as install & GUI make-up, a stack overflow potential bug and the new Refresh Now button working.

No bug report the 31th and it's 1.0...

http://wmptagext.sourceforge.net

or direct link

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wmptage....4.msi?download

Enjoy

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #157
Hello,

Here is 1.0 release...

If you like it, share it ;)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377419"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you! Makes it possible to continue using WMP.

WMPTSE

Reply #158
I came across this just as I was thinking, "I wish something would come out to extend WMP's tag reading capabilities" and viola!

After installing it I have noticed one thing though.  It seems the iTunes M4A tags are recognized when the M4A file was created with version 6.0 of iTunes but not version 4.5.  I have a lot of files ripped with version 4.5 that WMPTSE will not read but it will read the M4A files tags ripped with version 6.0 perfectly.

WMPTSE

Reply #159
For M4A (AAC) files generated using iTunes, the Composer and Date Released (Year) tags/atoms for tracks don't seem to appear in WMP 10.  I'm running 1.0 of WMPTSE.

To test, I used iTunes 6.0.4.2 on Windows...

WMPTSE

Reply #160
I can also confirm M4A files generated by iTunes 4.7.x do not get recognized.  They appear under "Other Media" in WMP 10 -- just like any other content without tag support.  So, it seems there is something "different" in versions of iTunes before 6.0 that causes an incompatibility with WMPTSE.

WMPTSE

Reply #161
I can also confirm M4A files generated by iTunes 4.7.x do not get recognized.  They appear under "Other Media" in WMP 10 -- just like any other content without tag support.  So, it seems there is something "different" in versions of iTunes before 6.0 that causes an incompatibility with WMPTSE.

I won't say that this kind of bug should have been discovered before releasing 1.0 (oops ? did i ? ) but i will investigate, or for people interested, you can browse the source in "MPEG4".

Is there any place where i can download iTunes 4.5.x+ yet...?
Has any developper an idea of the problem or anyone a documentation on iTunes 4.5.x+ tagging format ?

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #162
Has any developper an idea of the problem or anyone a documentation on iTunes 4.5.x+ tagging format ?

I know (for Apple Lossless files anyway) that Apple added an extra atom (edts) in version 5. This was causing the opposite problem that is being reported here, programs that could read V4 files were having problems reading V5/V6 files.
But as for the tags themselves, I haven't heard of any differences between the versions - certainly code I wrote seems to be able to read tags from files from both versions (or at least I think so    )

WMPTSE

Reply #163

I know (for Apple Lossless files anyway) that Apple added an extra atom (edts) in version 5. This was causing the opposite problem that is being reported here, programs that could read V4 files were having problems reading V5/V6 files.
But as for the tags themselves, I haven't heard of any differences between the versions - certainly code I wrote seems to be able to read tags from files from both versions (or at least I think so    )

I might have pass this "if".  Should be no pb to correct it. I'll wait a bit more to see if there's no more bug reported.

And about it, thank for the source soiaf  You can see i used them (and some others too)

On wmplugins.com, Chinesewatermelon report that the FLAC tag support does not allow chinese/japanese/korean characters. In my code, it should, so there's bug somewhere...Has anyone encountered this before ? How does WMPTSE work with other pagecode (Russian, Greek, ....) ?

MaB_fr
P.S. : WMPTSE has been approved on www.wmplugins.com...great !!!

WMPTSE

Reply #164

Hum...I was about to debug the MPEG4 support when i figure that any added "edts" node should be no pb to handle, the MPEG4TagSupport.c code will pass it unless it contains or is contained by the "meta" node, then ...

I guess i must ask again if someone know any difference between the files made by iTunes v4 & v5/v6 ?
And i add "in the meta node tree path" (which are the only nodes MPEG4TagSupport.c handles)..?

Soiaf ? Anyone ?

If anybody can, where could i find an incompatible file or find the software to make one please.....?

And again, on wmplugins.com, Chinesewatermelon report that the FLAC tag support does not allow chinese/japanese/korean characters. In my code, it should, so there's bug somewhere...Has anyone encountered this before ? How does WMPTSE work with other pagecode (Russian, Greek, ....) ?

It is supposed to be totally UNICODE compliant...It may be just a FLAC library miscompilation, or a bug in the WMPTSE UNICODE code, so i'll need some testers

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #165
Thank you soiaf for the little cut of necessary byte !

I've debug the MPEG4 tag problem...
It was a compiler's "optimisation" problem...We can't trust them everytime, and in this case, i won't again.

I'll publish just the MPEG4TagSupport.dll. It will remain for "educated user" until next major release of all plug-in.

You will find it here :
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wmptage...rt.dll?download

No news of the character's encoding problem...

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #166
Thanks, MaB_fr -- it now reads the old iTunes 4.7 .m4a files and the content no longer sits in Other Media.

However, I still don't see Composer and Date Released (Year) tags/atoms... as I mentioned earlier.  (iTunes generated, both 6.0.4 & 4.7.)

Also, in many cases... Genre doesn't appear.  But I haven't quite figured out why some appear and some don't.  I think most .m4a files tagged by iTunes 6 do not show Genre, but most 4.7 files do.  It seems to be somewhat random.

WMPTSE

Reply #167
Thanks, MaB_fr -- it now reads the old iTunes 4.7 .m4a files and the content no longer sits in Other Media.

However, I still don't see Composer and Date Released (Year) tags/atoms... as I mentioned earlier.  (iTunes generated, both 6.0.4 & 4.7.)

Also, in many cases... Genre doesn't appear.  But I haven't quite figured out why some appear and some don't.  I think most .m4a files tagged by iTunes 6 do not show Genre, but most 4.7 files do.  It seems to be somewhat random.

For the genre tag, soiaf did get the bug....A mistake of mine. I test "@gen" in place of "©gen". See de difference ?  I did not in the first place. And i would say it's a bit strange, but it's the spec, so we go on...
Will be corrected in the MPEG4TagSupport.dll v5.0.2.

For the Date Released, i'm sorry to say that it is not handled, because it isn't in any tag format. The date parsing is a complicated thing, a nightmare if we want international support (and we do, don't we ?). So, it's a 2.0 feature. Normally, WMPTSE handles only the "Year" tag (in WMP) -IF- it is given as an integer in the tag format. IF not, (for example the year is given with a complete date format), no year at all...

The composer should be handled. Their must be a bug somewhere. I will search it unless soiaf get it before me

Thanks for the report. And don't forget to thank soiaf, he is partially reponsible of the MPEG4 support (he gave me source code which show me the way).

MaB_fr
P.S. : hum....and soiaf, don't be shy, you can post my bugs here...

WMPTSE

Reply #168
I just tried the new MPEG4TagSupport.dll and it still does not display tags of songs encoded with iTunes 4.5.  Just keeping you up to date on what I'm experiencing

WMPTSE

Reply #169
The composer should be handled. Their must be a bug somewhere.

In the include file you are defining MP4_ATOM_COMPOSER, but you don't seem to be checking for this in the C file (in GetMP4AtomWMAttributeNameEqu ).

WMPTSE

Reply #170

The composer should be handled. Their must be a bug somewhere.

In the include file you are defining MP4_ATOM_COMPOSER, but you don't seem to be checking for this in the C file (in GetMP4AtomWMAttributeNameEqu ).

It's so easy to debug like that  (okokok soiaf, that's easy bugs, try some harder one )

MaB_fr

I just tried the new MPEG4TagSupport.dll and it still does not display tags of songs encoded with iTunes 4.5.  Just keeping you up to date on what I'm experiencing

Hum, i guess i send the PM too early (that's why i'll ask people not to use PM except for PERSONALS problems).

I'll see if the file can help me, thanks...

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #171
Ok, i've got it
It was the undocumented '----' atom (reserved for iTunes data).

It work now with your file, Teqnologik.
Corrected the 'thank you soiaf' bugs : Composer is handled, Genre tag type identifier is corrected.

Enjoy it at : http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wmptage...rt.dll?download

And for those interested, the subversion server has been updated with the last MPEG4 tag support source code.

If any problem, you know where to report...

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #172
Awesome!  It does now work with iTunes 4.5 files.  EXCELLENT work MaB_fr!

WMPTSE

Reply #173
Awesome!  It does now work with iTunes 4.5 files.  EXCELLENT work MaB_fr!

Ok, just released WMPTSE v1.0.1.

It's just an install update which includes the corrected MPEG4 Tag Support (v0.5.0.2). Uneducated users will be able to have full read support for iTune....

Enjoy it at :

http://wmptagext.sourceforge.net/

or

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wmptage....1.msi?download

Always waiting for some bug report

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #174
i don't know if this is something to do with wmptse or not but as a few of you have a lot of experience with flac and wmp

how can i get wmp to recognise flac files as media files when browsing my pc to add to the library?