Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nero and EAC's cue sheets
Lys
post Dec 8 2005, 16:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26140

I use the latest Nero 6.6.*. I was wondering whether I was doing something wrong with my CD copying process.

I only have one CD drive, so I rip the CD using EAC to a CUE, then use Nero to burn that CUE. It seems fine, but am I messing things up? I heard that EAC using a nonstandard format, and was wondering whether Nero was doing something wrong subtlely. In my CD player I don't hear anything wrong. Can Nero accept EAC's cue sheets without messing up?

I can't use EAC's writer because for some reason it doesn't detect the drive.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Synthetic Soul
post Dec 8 2005, 17:03
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 16217

The only issue with EAC cuesheets is if you rip to separate tracks and create a "non-compliant" cuesheet.

If you are ripping to image with cuesheet you should be fine.

Check the wiki for more info.

I don't understand why just the writer dialogue won't recognise your drive. Maybe you should try using ASPI if currently using SPTI, or the other way around. (Edit: EAC Options > Interface tab)

If it will recognise your drive but won't burn with it try switching to CDRDAO (if you have 0.95bX). (Edit: EAC Options > Write tab)

This post has been edited by Synthetic Soul: Dec 8 2005, 17:21

--------------------
I'm on a horse.
+Quote Post
liekloo
post Dec 8 2005, 17:40
Post #3

Member No.: 1596

QUOTE (Lys @ Dec 8 2005, 04:31 PM)
I heard that EAC using a nonstandard format, and was wondering whether Nero was doing something wrong subtlely

No subtilities. Nero will loudly protest and refuse to accept the 'illegal CUE sheet'. smile.gif

--------------------
"E S S E N T I A L" Guide for E A C :

http://users.fulladsl.be/spb2267/
+Quote Post
BradPDX
post Dec 8 2005, 18:09
Post #4

Member No.: 23924

I have had issues with EAC and some laptop CD drives with respect to burning. However, CDRDAO appears to address these handily, resulting in perfect burns with every drive I have.

I have Nero too, but wind up using EAC by itself a lot because it just works fine for audio, especially with CDRDAO.

Give it a try.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:31