Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Internet radio plugin (Read 43375 times) previous topic - next topic

Internet radio plugin

Simple Internet radio plugin. It is very similar to WinAmp's radio stations browser that can be found in newer versions.

Feedback, suggestions redirect to: mark13__@hotmail.com

Download (currently in Beta stage, after receiving some positive response I will be forced to finish it

I-net radio

Internet radio plugin

Reply #1
Nice. Could use some more features but great for a beta.

Internet radio plugin

Reply #2
Sorry for not being able to figure this out but how do you use this?

Internet radio plugin

Reply #3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354948"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just unzip foo_shoutcast_viewer.dll and put it into components directory of your fb2k installation folder. After restarting you should have access to radio in [main menu]->[components]->[Radio] (Works with v0.8.3 version only)

When you open it the first time the main window will be very small so you should customize its size (it will be remembered next time). You should also press <refresh> button to download radio stations (it can take a few seconds). After this step you can select particular radio station and press <play> button.

Hope it helps

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354824"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for feedback. I think that listview column sorting and some kind of filtering are things I will make available in next version. What other features do you think could be usefull?

Internet radio plugin

Reply #4
I like it! 

Good work! 
muaddib

Internet radio plugin

Reply #5

Thanks for feedback. I think that listview column sorting and some kind of filtering are things I will make available in next version. What other features do you think could be usefull?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354954"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

First feature I'd request? Double-click sends a stream to the playlist. Took me a while to figure out there was a play button. 

Your ideas are good. Column sorting would be nice. Filtering by genre or bitrate would be useful. Maybe a keyword search? Don't know if that would be possible.

Internet radio plugin

Reply #6
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354948"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just unzip foo_shoutcast_viewer.dll and put it into components directory of your fb2k installation folder. After restarting you should have access to radio in [main menu]->[components]->[Radio] (Works with v0.8.3 version only)

When you open it the first time the main window will be very small so you should customize its size (it will be remembered next time). You should also press <refresh> button to download radio stations (it can take a few seconds). After this step you can select particular radio station and press <play> button.

Hope it helps

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354954"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would love it if it could be tab panel.

Internet radio plugin

Reply #7
 Great, I've been waiting for a plugin like this. Excellent work so far!

Requests : Search filtering ; Column sorting ; "Send to playlist" context options (or for a simpler start, at least a "copy url" option) ;  Is it possible to add Icecast.org directory searching?

Thank you very much mark13 !

Internet radio plugin

Reply #8
I have two windows 2000/SP 4 machines. Worked well on one while on the other i got a stupid message box "Lala/KukuError" ....
Could you please indicate dependancies ? thanks

Besides that I would suggest the following improvements :
  • Double click (in the list) plays radio
  • Columns sorting by clicking on column headers
  • Some filtering capability (e.g. bitrate, keywords in station names, ...)
  • Options to add to the playlist instead of replacing the playlist
  • Option to define the playlist name

Internet radio plugin

Reply #9
thanks for the nice plugin.
i agree with the requests made by others .can you make it as an extention panel for columns_ui?

Internet radio plugin

Reply #10
I like it! 
Good work! 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354960"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks 

First feature I'd request? Double-click sends a stream to the playlist. Took me a while to figure out there was a play button.  

Your ideas are good. Column sorting would be nice. Filtering by genre or bitrate would be useful. Maybe a keyword search? Don't know if that would be possible.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354977"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK, so I will add those features but it will take a while    I will have to rewrite most of the code because I want to write it in a right way this time using dialog helper.
Keyword search is a good idea, no problem with implementing it.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354980"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not sure what you have in mind, could you be more specific?

Great, I've been waiting for a plugin like this. Excellent work so far!

Requests : Search filtering ; Column sorting ; "Send to playlist" context options (or for a simpler start, at least a "copy url" option) ;  Is it possible to add Icecast.org directory searching?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355056"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

About "Send to playlist" option - here is a little problem beacause radio stations you see in plugin list control are not streams but playlists. I didn't checked yet if there is some support in fb2k sdk for parsing playlists and getting individual streams from it. But even if not I think I will be able to write custom parser.
And about Icecast.org - if they provide a kind of service that allows you to download list of stations (like shoutcast do) then there will be no problem. But if there is only WWW access to stations then there is no easy way to implement it, sorry. I will check this out.

Thank you very much mark13 !
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355056"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great you like it! 

I have two windows 2000/SP 4 machines. Worked well on one while on the other i got a stupid message box "Lala/KukuError" ....
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355232"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It doesn't have any non-standard-windows dependencies. It requires IE5 or newer because it uses MSXML and MSHTTP components. I'm using W2000/SP4 too and it works ok.
I've prepared special improved version with logging enabled - no more stupid messages . Could you please try this and send me the log output? It will be created as log.txt file in fb2k installation dir (try above link, there should be additional download option).

All improvements you mentioned are the same or already requested and they will be implemented in version I'm currently working on.

thanks for the nice plugin.
i agree with the requests made by others .can you make it as an extention panel for columns_ui?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355300"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I will have to check this possibility out because I never used columns_ui. If it is then probably in release after the one I'm currently working on.

I'm still waiting for comments, suggestions and especially bug reports,
Thanks for replies so far!

Internet radio plugin

Reply #11
No bug reports. Just a compliment. This is a great plug-in. Works well so far. Has great potential. Are you going to develop it for foobar2000 v0.9 after it goes final?

Internet radio plugin

Reply #12
No bugs on my rig so far. One compliment: I especially like that it creates its own playlist rather than replacing the contents of the current playlist.

Also, Groove Salad + Milkdrop = Sweetness!

edit: other possible suggestions: context menu for items (for example, "Send to playlist..." feature allowing one to build different playlists for various stations), ability to choose which columns are displayed.

Internet radio plugin

Reply #13
And about Icecast.org - if they provide a kind of service that allows you to download list of stations (like shoutcast do) then there will be no problem. But if there is only WWW access to stations then there is no easy way to implement it, sorry. I will check this out.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't know the answer to that, but there are a Winamp Icecast station list plugin for Winamp to be found [a href="http://www.oddsock.org/tools/ml_icecastlist/]here[/url]. So it must be possible, somehow.... And as Icecast stations often are more exciting than Shoutcast stations (at least if your taste is more "out there"), I strongly second a request for Icecast support.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Internet radio plugin

Reply #14
I don't know the answer to that, but there are a Winamp Icecast station list plugin for Winamp to be found here. So it must be possible, somehow.... And as Icecast stations often are more exciting than Shoutcast stations (at least if your taste is more "out there"), I strongly second a request for Icecast support.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355521"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd like to see Icecast access in this as well. Also, the ability to drag and drop a stream to a playlist would be nice.

Internet radio plugin

Reply #15
Why the limit of 1000 stations?
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Internet radio plugin

Reply #16
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=355232\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It doesn't have any non-standard-windows dependencies. It requires IE5 or newer because it uses MSXML and MSHTTP components. I'm using W2000/SP4 too and it works ok.
I've prepared special improved version with logging enabled - no more stupid messages . Could you please try this and send me the log output? It will be created as log.txt file in fb2k installation dir (try above link, there should be additional download option).

All improvements you mentioned are the same or already requested and they will be implemented in version I'm currently working on.

Just tried the "debug" version ... nothing happens even the refresh button does not shop anything. Here's your log
Code: [Select]
1 Creating XML thread on show
2 In loadPlayList
3 Fatal error: load return value ,line: 93
4 Exception in loadPlayList ,line: 104
5 In XMLThread
6 In fetchXMLAndParse
7 Fatal error: CreateInstance return value ,line: 133
8 Exception in fetchXMLAndParse ,line: 208
9 Fatal error: fetchXMLAndParse return value ,line: 94
10 In XMLThread
11 In fetchXMLAndParse
12 Fatal error: CreateInstance return value ,line: 133
13 Exception in fetchXMLAndParse ,line: 208
14 Fatal error: fetchXMLAndParse return value ,line: 94
15 In XMLThread
16 In fetchXMLAndParse
17 Fatal error: CreateInstance return value ,line: 133
18 Exception in fetchXMLAndParse ,line: 208
19 Fatal error: fetchXMLAndParse return value ,line: 94
35 Fatal error: CreateInstance return value ,line: 133
36 Exception in fetchXMLAndParse ,line: 208
37 Fatal error: fetchXMLAndParse return value ,line: 94

Internet radio plugin

Reply #17
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354980"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not sure what you have in mind, could you be more specific?

Great work with this plugin. About the panel, he just wanted the possibility to make your plugin a tabbed panel with columns ui, like album art or track info panel

Internet radio plugin

Reply #18
Wow, I am really happy this plugin got so many positive responses!
Once again thanks for feedback

... Are you going to develop it for foobar2000 v0.9 after it goes final?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sure. Only small part of plugin is interfacing with foobar code so after reading some good 0.9 tutorial I'll do it in no time.

edit: other possible suggestions: context menu for items (for example, "Send to playlist..." feature allowing one to build different playlists for various stations), ability to choose which columns are displayed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355422"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

'ability to choose which columns are displayed' added to my TODO list

I don't know the answer to that, but there are a Winamp Icecast station list plugin for Winamp to be found [a href="http://www.oddsock.org/tools/ml_icecastlist/]here[/url]. So it must be possible, somehow.... And as Icecast stations often are more exciting than Shoutcast stations (at least if your taste is more "out there"), I strongly second a request for Icecast support.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Big thanks for this link. I've checked how/where this plugin connects to get stations and found it uses almost identical method to the one used in shoutcast. It is already implemented in newest version.

I'd like to see Icecast access in this as well. Also, the ability to drag and drop a stream to a playlist would be nice.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355524"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

TODO list is growing

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355528"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good question. When I started writing this plugin there were some problems with downloading XML direcotry listing greater then ~1000. Ending part of downloaded document was 'cut off' or corrupted IIRC. I couldn't figure out what was causing it so I assumed that it is because I'm not using compression during document fetching. BTW if someone knows what kind of XML directory listing compression is used by shoutcast server then please tell me.

Just tried the "debug" version ... nothing happens even the refresh button does not shop anything. ...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355536"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I really don't know what's wrong with it. You are the only person that sent me a bug report (~800 downloads). Maybe you have broken IE5 installation. Try this:
- check that you have valid IE5 or above installation
- make sure your browser settings specify at least one language
- chack that you have msxml3.dll in <NTDir>\system32 direcory
- you can also try downloading and installing newest version of MSXML parser:
[a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=28494391-052b-42ff-9674-f752bdca9582&DisplayLang=en]MSXML Parser SP7[/url]
- in next version there will be probably custom XML parser and mechanism to query system about available components so maybe this is the last option

... About the panel, he just wanted the possibility to make your

plugin a tabbed panel with columns ui, like album art or track info panel
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355601"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok, thanks for making it clear to me, I think I will wait with this until 0.9 release.

Internet radio plugin

Reply #19
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355528"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

that's a serverside limit (even Winamp is hit by it) and has been present for a while now and is unlikely to change for the forseeable future

-daz

Internet radio plugin

Reply #20
... you can also try downloading and installing newest version of MSXML parser:
MSXML Parser SP7 ....

It worked, thanks for your support

Internet radio plugin

Reply #21
This plug-in works great, now I can listen to my favorite 80s station:

Club 977

With my favorite program Foobar 2000

Thanks!!!   

Internet radio plugin

Reply #22
This plug-in works great, now I can listen to my favorite 80s station:

Club 977

With my favorite program Foobar 2000

Thanks!!!    
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You dont need a plugin for that. Just copy-paste the [a href="http://www.club977.com/CLUB977HI.pls]url for the playlist[/url] in playlist->add location

Mark13; superb plugin! I second all the other requests

Internet radio plugin

Reply #23
This is exactly what I was looking for the other day. I'm so glad I found it before I started copying and pasting on a large scale. Awesome work.

My requests are pretty much the same as everyone else’s; tabbed panel support, double click options (say double click to play, shift double click to send to playlist etc, preferably customisable) and column sorting. Also I'd like to change the background colour to fit with everything else (sorry if this can be done generally and I'm being stupid).

The most important thing for me is tabbed panel support and I'd love to have this for 0.8.3, firstly because I’m impatient but mainly because I don't want to move to 0.9 until all my components are converted and I reckon that'll take ages or just not happen for some of the out of development ones. I know you said you weren't planning on implementing this for 0.8.3, which is cool, I'm saying.

Internet radio plugin

Reply #24
Finally! JUST GREAT!

I wonder why it takes so long sometimes to port new ideas to Foobar...

It's such a vital forum with so many talented coders; but some improvements still need a lot of time!

So, congratulations to you!

JD

PS: I'd like to code, too, but I'm just not good enough - so I shouldn't complain!

improvements:
I'd say to sort with columns would be most important.
Maybe it would help, too, if the user knows where the stream comes from (icecast/shoutcast/anycast!)