Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DAP: Last Try - 2GB iPod nano vs... (Read 16915 times) previous topic - next topic

DAP: Last Try - 2GB iPod nano vs...

Reply #51
That's good to hear. I was going to warn you about a huge bug I discovered with the Samsung player. It has a hard limit to the number of folders you can copy to it. To be more specific, you can copy as many folders as you wish, but any folders beyond roughly 60 will not be recognized by the player. It took me a few days to figure out why I could see 200+ files on the player when looking through Windows Explorer, but the player's screen only reported ~150. I had lengthly discussions with Samsung about this, however they barely seemed to be able to comprehend the issue let alone have a fix. After trying a few versions of firmware (older versions, since the retail version was newer than what Samsung could offer me), I gave up and had to return it.
Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past

DAP: Last Try - 2GB iPod nano vs...

Reply #52
That's good to hear. I was going to warn you about a huge bug I discovered with the Samsung player. It has a hard limit to the number of folders you can copy to it. To be more specific, you can copy as many folders as you wish, but any folders beyond roughly 60 will not be recognized by the player. It took me a few days to figure out why I could see 200+ files on the player when looking through Windows Explorer, but the player's screen only reported ~150. I had lengthly discussions with Samsung about this, however they barely seemed to be able to comprehend the issue let alone have a fix. After trying a few versions of firmware (older versions, since the retail version was newer than what Samsung could offer me), I gave up and had to return it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360858"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

dcorban,
Can you tell me if the Sansa (with latest flash) allows for fast forward and resume after powering down?  I like to listen to audio clips from podcasts or streams and really need to know if fast forward and resume is available on this unit.