Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't compile foo_input_raw from 0.9 SDK (Read 5250 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't compile foo_input_raw from 0.9 SDK

Got such error

I'm lazy in VC++ options, please PROVIDE COMPLIEABLE sample in SDK

Thanx!

Reply #1
Ok, fixed using foobar2000_component_client
Anyway I believe SDK must contain 100% working compileable samples (wich does not reques additional tweaks before) - just open solution and compile...

Reply #2
How about reading the readme doc before trying to use the SDK?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
How about reading the readme doc before trying to use the SDK?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372853"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As I said before it's my fault. Sorry...

Anycase why not include 100% compilable VS2005 solution in SDK?

And Yet another question. I'm planning to write input plugin to be able play audio stream from avisynth scripts. There are open() entry point but no close() entry point. Does it mean I must place all close/cleanup code in destructor?

And Yet another question 2. I'm planning to write wrapper around BASS library for WMA input. Unfortunally current BASS library architecture reques global initialization/finalization. Any suggestion how I can implement it?

Thanx!

Reply #4
And Yet another question. I'm planning to write input plugin to be able play audio stream from avisynth scripts. There are open() entry point but no close() entry point. Does it mean I must place all close/cleanup code in destructor?
Yes.
And Yet another question 2. I'm planning to write wrapper around BASS library for WMA input. Unfortunally current BASS library architecture reques global initialization/finalization. Any suggestion how I can implement it?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372857"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
WMA support is on todo list for 0.9.1, so perhaps you should skip that for now. I would personally implement that using global instance counter (protected by a critical section), initializing the library when first instance is created and deinitializing when last one is destroyed.

Reply #5
Yes.

Thanx.

And Yet another question 2. I'm planning to write wrapper around BASS library for WMA input. Unfortunally current BASS library architecture reques global initialization/finalization. Any suggestion how I can implement it?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372857"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
WMA support is on todo list for 0.9.1, so perhaps you should skip that for now. I would personally implement that using global instance counter (protected by a critical section), initializing the library when first instance is created and deinitializing when last one is destroyed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372861"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is'nt InterlockedIncrement/InterlockedDecrement better for this pupose? How about tracker music support (IT/XM/MOD/FT)?
Anyway thanx a lot.

PS. Does You have any plans to publish something like "Best prectics for plugin development" document?
PS2. Seems like you use some special format for  source code commenting to allow automatic documentation generation (something like JavaDoc). Is it possible to provide generated documentation too?

Reply #6
Is'nt InterlockedIncrement/InterlockedDecrement better for this pupose?
No, because it will explode if a new instance is created while global cleanup call is still in progress.
PS. Does You have any plans to publish something like "Best prectics for plugin development" document?
Not at the moment.
PS2. Seems like you use some special format for  source code commenting to allow automatic documentation generation (something like JavaDoc). Is it possible to provide generated documentation too?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372874"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Comments are in doxygen format. However, current version of doxygen software had limitations that prevented it from working correctly last time we tried (crippled namespace handling). We might switch to another format when we find software that meets our requirements.

Reply #7
How about tracker music support (IT/XM/MOD/FT)?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://kode54.foobar2000.org/]http://kode54.foobar2000.org/[/url]

Reply #8
Is'nt InterlockedIncrement/InterlockedDecrement better for this pupose?
No, because it will explode if a new instance is created while global cleanup call is still in progress.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372875"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh thanx. I was a stupid