Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What happened to uSHFileOperation? (Read 4396 times) previous topic - next topic

What happened to uSHFileOperation?

Hi!
I'm the author of foo_massdelete. I will try in the (near hopefully) future to port it to v0.9, but I'm really a little bit lost. For now, I have 2 questions, if anyone knows:
-What happened to uSHFileOperation and string_list_nulldelimited? Will they be included in a later SDK?
-How can I get a bitmask of the currently selected items in the visible playlist?
My knowledge of C++ is very limited btw, I'm into C# mostly...
Does anyone know of any plugin's source code that's available for v0.9?
If I can't port it, I'll eventually post the source code...

Thanks in advance!

Reply #1
MODS: Please move this to "Development" and delete this line, I screwed up.

Hi!
I'm the author of foo_massdelete. I will try in the (near hopefully) future to port it to v0.9

Can you open the source code when porting is done?

Reply #2
uSHFileOperation and string_list_nulldelimited were removed. The best idea would be to create your own helper class using array_t<TCHAR> and string_os_from_utf8 and call SHFileOperation directly.

To get a bitmask of the selected items, use this:
Code: [Select]
static_api_ptr_t<playlist_manager> pm;
t_size playlist = ...; // index of playlist, use pm->get_active_playlist() for active playlist.
bit_array_bittable mask(pm->playlist_get_item_count(playlist));
pm->playlist_get_selection_mask(playlist, mask);

In case you just want the selected items, replace the last two lines with:
Code: [Select]
metadb_handle_list items;
pm->playlist_get_selected_items(playlist, items);

I'm currently porting the component tutorial to 0.9; it should be available within the next days (hopefully tomorrow).

Reply #3
@foosion: Thanks very much, I'm anxiously waiting for your tutorial!

@$ergi0: I might just post the source code, if I'm not able to port it.

Reply #4
       I haven't quite followed the development up to v0.9, so I didn't know that File operations->Delete files is now available!! I find no reason to port it to v0.9. If anyone wants the source code, pm me to e-mail it to him.