Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album List / UI Columns Playlist View / ape cue Bug (Read 1478 times) previous topic - next topic

Album List / UI Columns Playlist View / ape cue Bug

Pretty sure this is a bug, although a very minor one.  (edit:  re-written for clarity)

PROBLEM: Selecting albums which are cue files from the album browser does not show the same "sorting" behaviour as regular split mp3 files.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i sort by      artist | album | tracknumber - track                      all is good

however

If i sort by      artist | album            only      (ie, i dont want individual track names showing up as branches in the album list panel)

...then that album will only appear in the playlist-view sorted by tracknumber if they are separate named files.

If it's a cue file....the files of the album *will* of course appear, but they are in a random jumbled order.

I only have cue/ape to test this with, but I would guess it's the same for cue/wav  and cue/flac.

Like I said, minor bug, it's only a matter of clicking on the tracknumber column each time I pick an ape/cue album to correct this.  Of course I could do a low level sort in album list.  But I don't like those extra branches.  I don't see the point in having individual tracks in an album show up there.  With the increasing popularity of the single-file/cue  method, maybe this could become a more common problem in future?