Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #9] What happened to the foo_fullscreen link? (Read 13163 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #9] What happened to the foo_fullscreen link?

What happened to foo_fullscreen link?! I've got a Board message:
The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

Reply #1
What happened to foo_fullscreen link?! I've got a Board message:

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

No idea why the topic went missing but I put a mirror up and updated the download link. If someone want me to remove it for any reason just say so.

Reply #2
foo_fullscreen is in violation of the SDK license. Hence all links are removed and the component is banned.

Please see opint 15 of the Terms of Service for further clarification

Reply #3
foo_fullscreen is in violation of the SDK license. Hence all links are removed and the component is banned.
Has the author of the component been informed?

Reply #4

Okay, it's gone.

@Squeller: I don't know but it may be pointless as it seem impossible to do that "legally".

Reply #5
What does/did foo_fullscreen actually do?
- edit - as in, what function was it supposed to perfom?
voted 'Most likely to veer your thread' three straight years!

Reply #6
What does/did foo_fullscreen actually do?
- edit - as in, what function was it supposed to perfom?

Run foobar2k in fullscreen mode
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

Reply #7
That's it? I've got a little button (top-right corner, the middle one) that comes stock with almost every program I have (including fb2k) that does this already.  What am I missing here?
voted 'Most likely to veer your thread' three straight years!

Reply #8
That's it? I've got a little button (top-right corner, the middle one) that comes stock with almost every program I have (including fb2k) that does this already.  What am I missing here?
Probably people with remote controllable or whatever public/party foobars (like me) use this plugin to get rid of the title bar for the full fb2k flavour.

Reply #9
Squeller, i've achieved this using AutoHotKey, see this post (the style change introduced also makes foobar fullscreen when maximized, give it a try).

Reply #10
Again, this sort of thing seems like it would need a complete rewrite.
  • The playlist display would need to be reimplemented.
  • Any context menu it displays would either have to be hand constructed, and/or filtered to make sure no insecure functions are enabled. (Think: Delete from hard drive, move/rename file, etc.)
  • The same goes for the main menu, if it's going to derive from the standard main menus rather than replace them.
  • Any file access dialogs should probably be reimplemented from scratch to prevent jumping outside the music folders and/or even attempting file operations, even if the current user account is not permitted to modify anything outside the music directory.

All of that and more should probably be done from scratch, rather than as a hack overtop of one of the existing user interface components.

Reply #11
I'm quite happy with it as it is as I have foobar running fullscreen on my second screen I didn't see the point in having a titlebar, therefore I don't care about "security" as no-one will rush in my room and try to close the program.. I think. Anyway as long as I can use it, it doesn't bother me if it's banned.

Reply #13
I'm quite happy with it as it is as I have foobar running fullscreen on my second screen I didn't see the point in having a titlebar, therefore I don't care about "security" as no-one will rush in my room and try to close the program.. I think. Anyway as long as I can use it, it doesn't bother me if it's banned.
Obviously you don't know about the ha.org police...

Reply #14
If it's about me not caring about things.. Sorry if that seemed to be offensive, it was not at all meant that way. If that's not the problem, sorry for being too stupid to understand, therefore please explain

Reply #15
If it's about me not caring about things.. Sorry if that seemed to be offensive, it was not at all meant that way. If that's not the problem, sorry for being too stupid to understand, therefore please explain

man irony

Reply #16
Hm.. Okay. Well if you change your mind, you know where to find me.

Reply #17
My mistake, I had assumed you wanted something for parties. Assuming you're okay with using your primary machine for that. As opposed to, say, building a fresh machine, with brand new drive(s), and the bare minimum hardware to get the job done, so it's no big loss if someone steals it while you're passed out from drinking. And so all your information remains secure and intact and all that jazz.

Man, I'm glad I don't have a social life. Just me and the Internets, baby.

Reply #18
Oh I'm sure a lot of people wanted to use this for parties, I was just saying that the simple fact of removing the titlebar was of some interest to me and maybe others. Anyway we shall wait for musicmusic to get bored and implement this in his UI.

Reply #19
Man, I'm glad I don't have a social life. Just me and the Internets, baby.

Why? I admire your talent, Kode54, and I'm feel very comfortable with most of your plugins, however human beings are social animals, hence human lives are social lives. Setting in from of a monitor and typing all day long, you tell me that's life? Come on. that's bulls**t(forgive my language, I mean no harm). Computer can't give you the real feelings of meeting people. In real life, you can touch her (I assume it's a her), smell her, kiss her, and you know what will happen next, but you can never do it with a computer. Internet can be useful but it's also hopelessly unreal. I like carefully recorded & mastered CDs, but I'd go to a live music show rather than stay at home with my crappy computer, yes I know the sound quality of a live can't be as good but that's life and I like it that way.

Sometimes kode54, I think it's better for you to go outdoor with friends and have some fresh air and shining sun, cause computer can kill you by slowly gently degradating your physical condition.

Oh I'm sure a lot of people wanted to use this for parties, I was just saying that the simple fact of removing the titlebar was of some interest to me and maybe others. Anyway we shall wait for musicmusic to get bored and implement this in his UI.

What if the SDK won't allow musicmusic to do so? I can't even figure out a way to maximize/restore fb2k using a keyboard shortcut.

Here is a private illegal plugin which can do foo_fullscreen's job and even better, but I can't get a copy since it's "not available for redistribution".

Reply #20
Zimdgre, as I understand it -and I may be wrong- an UI plugin can temper with foobar's window, but another plugin can not do it by hacking the existing UI because it could lead to problems..
About cwbowron's plugin, if he put that information in his wiki I suppose he would agree to send it on an individual basis, but he can't make it public as it's hacking columnsUI, it's worth a pm if you're interested..