Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The Woes of Musepack (Read 5121 times) previous topic - next topic

The Woes of Musepack

<just kidding>
Magical MD5 - MD5 Battle

Enter two names, and you can watch a fight. The stats for each name are: Attack strength, Dexterity, Defence, Accuracy, Luck, and Hit Points.

I tried Ogg Vorbis vs Musepack, MP3 vs Musepack, AAC vs Musepack, WavPack lossy vs Musepack, and VQF vs Musepack.

Musepack lost five times in a row. Poor Musepack!
</just kidding>

The Woes of Musepack

Reply #1
Hm, is this a Korean site?
I can see only MD5-MD5 and a lot of question marks!

The Woes of Musepack

Reply #3
the emoticons look funny, but I sadly don't understand anything besides Hit, HP and the numbers^^

The Woes of Musepack

Reply #4
Hehehe

Even just "Vorbis" against "Musepack"... Vorbis wins

Edit:
Whoa, "Ogg Vorbis" wins against all except "WMA" ... uhhh

The Woes of Musepack

Reply #5
For real "battles", check google trends, eg: flac, aac, vorbis. Vorbis is going down, it's a bit worrying. 

The Woes of Musepack

Reply #6
Musepack has a critical weakness to "user moving the the seekbar"

MP3 has special power "Cheat Death" unlimited times per day.

No idea about Vorbis, I heard it's a good all-round char that is mostly used by a small yet enthusiatic player base.

The Woes of Musepack

Reply #7
The player base actually getting more significant, now that heavyweight guilds obviously instruct their players to find the sleekest, meanest char.

Oh, and whenever Vorbis pays homage to The Great Temple of Aoyumi, he usually gets a skillpoint boost... so always never forget to go there when you use the char. Of course this will happen only if the planets Elune and Mophric are aligned...