Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playtime of merged mp3's (Read 6031 times) previous topic - next topic

Playtime of merged mp3's

When i merge mp3's with a merge tool, or even with
Code: [Select]
copy /b "1.mp3" + "2.mp3" "total.mp3"
i cant play this "total.mp3" good with foobar2000. It will only play "1.mp3". But when i look in windows at playtime it gives me the playtime of total.mp3

And it also plays good with:
- MPlayer (MPUI)
- Media Player Classic
- iTunes
- Nero (when making a audio cd)
- and many other well known players..

So it seems this is a foobar2000 problem, isnt it? 

Playtime of merged mp3's

Reply #1
It's not a problem of foobar2000 that it cares about what your mp3's header says which isn't right anymore after such merging operations. You could try MP3val to fix your file(s).

Playtime of merged mp3's

Reply #2
Ur right, MP3Val fixed the problem...

But why didnt all those other apps didnt need MP3Val to fix it??

Playtime of merged mp3's

Reply #3
They don't bother with gapless playback, so they ignore the length information from the header.

Playtime of merged mp3's

Reply #4
It's not a problem of foobar2000 that it cares about what your mp3's header says which isn't right anymore after such merging operations. You could try MP3val to fix your file(s).

Thanks for your post, it helped me with a similar problem. (Splitting an MP3/CUE file left the first MP3 with bad headers.)

Playtime of merged mp3's

Reply #5
I have some other file that is merged using mp3DirectCut, and this time EVERY player (even Winamp) and Windows says its runtime is 21.21

However, when i play this file with foobar2000 (latest) it says its runtime is 21.24, but it stops when it reaches 21.21

I used MP3Val to look if there is something wrong, and everything is ok with the headers...

Does someone know whats wrong?

PS: dont know if it matters, but file is 128 kbps CBR

Playtime of merged mp3's

Reply #6
Anyone?

Playtime of merged mp3's

Reply #8
Code: [Select]
Warning: Reported length is inaccurate : 21:24.663923 vs 21:21.738209 decoded

How can i fix it?