Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: menu-path-functions & standard-formatting-strings in 0.9 SDK (Read 3938 times) previous topic - next topic

menu-path-functions & standard-formatting-strings in 0.9 SDK

hi,

while porting a plugin to 0.9, i couldn't find some functionality from the 0.8er SDK in the new one, specifically the run_command and win32_run_menu_main functions, which execute or show a menu-entry with a given path, which could be expressed with a string - do these functions still exist somewhere ..?

also, what is the shortest way to test, if a (mainmenu-)item with a given GUID is currently checked ..?

and .. how do you get the default titleformatting-spec (or the corresponding compiled script) ?

well, i think that's it
thanks in advance

menu-path-functions & standard-formatting-strings in 0.9 SDK

Reply #1
while porting a plugin to 0.9, i couldn't find some functionality from the 0.8er SDK in the new one, specifically the run_command and win32_run_menu_main functions, which execute or show a menu-entry with a given path, which could be expressed with a string - do these functions still exist somewhere ..?
The context menu support code is now in the menu_helpers namespace. A mainmenu_manager object allows you to instantiate a specified part of the main menu.

also, what is the shortest way to test, if a (mainmenu-)item with a given GUID is currently checked ..?
You'll have to iterate through the existing components and check if they are available and checked.

and .. how do you get the default titleformatting-spec (or the corresponding compiled script) ?
See the titleformat_config service; it has declarations for the GUIDs of the standard scripts.