Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_winamp (Read 54799 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_winamp

http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/dsp.php#149

This one stopped working for me in latest foobar2000 version (0.9.4.1)

Any clues?

- Edit -

Opps, my bad, it works now. I had all my presets deleted, so this one didn't worked also. Now it's all right.

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #1
New recompiled version of foo_dsp_winamp for fb2k 0.9.6 is available: http://fb2k.org/show.php?id=149

Please send your bugreports (if any) via fb2k.org feedback.

P.S. VST Bridge (foo_dsp_vst) will NOT be recompiled in recent time. Only new version will be released after cristmas hollidays (January 10th-20th).

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #2
New recompiled version of foo_dsp_winamp for fb2k 0.9.6 is available: http://fb2k.org/show.php?id=149

Please send your bugreports (if any) via fb2k.org feedback.

P.S. VST Bridge (foo_dsp_vst) will NOT be recompiled in recent time. Only new version will be released after cristmas hollidays (January 10th-20th).

Hi

I get the following error running Foobar2k (v0.9.6) in Windows Vista Home Premium

This component is not compatible with this version of Windows and needs to be recompiled with a newer version of the foobar2000 SDK; please contact the author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

Best,
Shamsur

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #3
riverdog , check that you have version 1.4.3 of foo_dsp_winamp.dll (Preferencies->Components). In Vista Business it works fine.

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #4
New version 1.4.4 is available at  http://fb2k.org/show.php?id=149

Fixed FB2K startup crash, when latest dsp_sps.dll presents in ".....Winamp\Plugin" folder.

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #5
thank you, now wait for updated foo_dps_vst

melomane
Music is my first love.

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #6
thanks for the update

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #7
New version 1.4.5 is available at http://fb2k.org/show.php?id=149

Fixed FB2K startup crash in Vista, when newest Winamp plugins (not compatible with winamp 2.0)  presents in ".....Winamp\Plugin" folder (such as dsp_sps.dll).

Thanks to Peter for reports database.

Additional information is available on Wiki:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...o_dsp_winamp%29

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #8
I just did a reinstall of Windows 7 and copied all my foobar2000 configuration over, but now I can't get any Winamp DSPs to show up in the list in the config dialog.
Specifically, I'm trying to run DFX, have repeatedly tried browsing to the Winamp plugins folder & rescanning, but to no avail.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

c32
BTC:  1EFvqvn51n7qW9yHZHDHPnBZxN17EafUt1

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #9
Dropped back to DFX 9.101 for Winamp and problem solved!

c32
BTC:  1EFvqvn51n7qW9yHZHDHPnBZxN17EafUt1

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #10
great stuff, been looking for this, and it doesn't crash - good job!

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #11
Will this be updated given that it causes crashes?

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #12
I am using this plugin with the Izotope Ozone DSP for winamp.  For whatever reason the GUI interface becomes unresponsive sometimes right away and sometimes later on.  The sound gets processed ok, just the user interface sort of disappears.

You can get a trail on the Izotope web site to test.  This plugin kicks the ass of all the others big time so it would really be nice if it worked ok.

Also when switching it in and out under FB2k 1.0 it crashes almost all the time.  Did not do this under 9.6 as much.

Further using kmplayer this plugin works just fine, so there must be a way to make it work.

Thanks!

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #13
I would say that it's just opposite: From foobar 1 betas there are less crashes when using the plugin and switching among different winamp DSP plugins while playback is active. The best way would be to stop playback then change winamp DSPs

Also you can try winamp vst host through it and run Ozone as vst

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #14
Could you give me more details on using a VST?  Do I need to download anything?  Will Ozone MP connect as a VST?

Thanks!

Sometimes is I pause the playback and disable enable Ozone it comes up broken.  Its must be some kind of timing issue.

Is the developer available to deal with this?

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #15
try searching for VST host in winamp dsp plugins, install it and use it through this bride

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #17
Is it possible to run several instances of foo_dsp_winamp, each addressing its own Winamp plugin? I tried to make some DSP Presets in foobar2000, but each instance of foo_dsp_winamp uses the last set plugin path.

Is this a limitation or do I something wrong?

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #18
Both the pelit.koillismaa.fi and fb2k.org links seem to be down, would somebody have a copy of the latest version they could make available on another host?

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #19
yes,thats right,i can not even find the lastest Winamp DSP bridge

does anybody have the version of 1.4.7?

Need help!!

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #20
Yes, I do: [attachment=6411:foo_dsp_...mp_1_4_7.zip]

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #21
This plugin is doing something unwanted to the audio before it reaches the DSP, the effect is similar to having a poor resampler in the signal chain. This happens whenever the input is a multiple of 48k or 44.1k. I confirmed this with two DSPs that have a bypass button, 'Stereo Tool' and 'Tape Restore Live'. RMAA results here

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #22
This effect looks more like "Hard -6dB limiter", actually. Make sure that input signal's amplitude <= 0.5 (aka -6.02 dB FS) and the results will be much better.

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #23
That did the trick, Thanks lvqcl!

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #24
(OTOH, it is possible to write a DSP plugin that will cancel this limiter...)