Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of Configuration Distribution Thread (Read 130642 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of Configuration Distribution Thread

Reply #75
Well it's sure not related to columns ui latest version,maybe images in playlist?It's not my config,so i can only guess
Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

Reply #76
Hi,
have you tried to remove foo_prettypop ?
On my computer its use increases the memory charge of about 15Mb, didn't really noticed about high cpu usage btw.

PS : check your PM for columns_ui betav6.

Reply #77
Thank you both for your replies.

I tried the 1v6 file and disabled prettypop, didn't change a thing.  still high cpu and high RAM usage.

@Russell777
What do you mean by images in playlist? And how do i remove/modify it?

thanks

Reply #78
Hi,

I'm having some troubles to set my foobar like this config(CepiPerez).

Maybe this is a bug, but the covers doesn't appear completely. Only if I have the 3 first tracks of the album, and sometimes the year or the album title doesn't appear (I already checked if all info is there).

screenshot

And how can I set an image (no cover) to show up if I don't have the album cover?

Thanks.

Reply #79
Uploaded a new version of my configuration which now features an installer courtesy of Russell777.  Should eliminate any problems people had with respect to installation.

Reply #80
Uploaded a new version of my configuration which now features an installer courtesy of Russell777.  Should eliminate any problems people had with respect to installation.

Hi Stuart, installer worked fine here. So many options, I'm exploring. Thanks,
Rozzo

Reply #81
Those who liked my config might want to take a look a the latest version.

Reply #82
Hey Russell, I was wondering which configuration are you actually using?
Anyway, can we expect the updated black glass installer?

Reply #83
Yes,in matter of fact it's ready and waiting to be released (i like it  ),but the problem is that my config won't work with the latest trackinfo mod version (there are some problems with it that can't be fixed without changing the looks of the config),so i'm not releasing it untill the update is coming out.I myself use the updated\unreleased version,here's a preview:

Reply #84
Hey Russell, I was wondering which configuration are you actually using?
Anyway, can we expect the updated black glass installer?
There is no doubt that this updated installer would be very helpful 

Reply #85
*Problem solved*

to anishbenji: GREAT layout! thanks for your images and cfg. It looks awesome.

Although I got one question for you or any other who might know the answer. Check this screenshot:

[a href=\"http://img270.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen2aw8.jpg\" target=\"_blank\"]

Reply #86
Hi,

I'm having some troubles to set my foobar like this config(CepiPerez).

Maybe this is a bug, but the covers doesn't appear completely. Only if I have the 3 first tracks of the album, and sometimes the year or the album title doesn't appear (I already checked if all info is there).

screenshot

And how can I set an image (no cover) to show up if I don't have the album cover?

Thanks.

It's not a bug. The code only show covers if you haver the 3 first tracks. If you have 3 of 4 tracks from an album, tag the tracknumber to 1, 2, 3, etc.

Reply #87
New version of my configuration has been released which: (1) has a new installer, (2) is now compatible with the 12-02-06 track info mod release, and (3) has rewritten By Date Added code.

Edit: Revised so as to indicate that a new version has been released with a new installer which should now work correctly.

Reply #88
I uploaded an update for Black Glass config (0.9.4.2 core+latest trackinfo mod)

Reply #89
Hey y'all; this is my first post, and I'm trying not to be an idiot in regards to foobar (although coding from scratch is still far too much for me to figure out right now)...but I'm having one issue with carmenm's Areao4 config (here's the link); although it could just be an issue with the trackinfomod plugin.

I can't seem to get the progress bar, underneath the album art, to update itself continuously. I swear there was an option to have it update every second (in the trackinfomod config screen), but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply #90
It's not my config,but i want to get you out of trouble:open trackinfo mod's settings (it's where the progressbar is) and at the beginning of the code place this line:'// PerSecond' as it is,without the quotation marks.

Reply #91
Hey, im trying to install Black Glass... but i keep getting this error...

Reply #92
It's not my config,but i want to get you out of trouble:open trackinfo mod's settings (it's where the progressbar is) and at the beginning of the code place this line:'// PerSecond' as it is,without the quotation marks.

Awesome. Worked like a charm. THANKS!

Reply #93
I stand corrected...the progress bar worked, but the buttons and track information disappeared. I'll try and fiddle with that code a bit more and see if I can get it to work. Thanks again!

Oh yeah, and I can't get the Lyrics Panel to work for some reason. It just show's a blank grey box. It's still a kick-ass config; I really need to set down and learn all the coding and what not.

Reply #94
2lippa:uploaded a new one,that should fix the problem

Reply #95

Mean re download it? Asin your package or all Foobar?... I try foobar reinstall and components reinstall...

Reply #96

Hi russell, i am using your updated .msi and i am having the same problem as 2lippa still.

btw any chance you could release the black glass files in a .rar like your gp35 config?

thanks for the great work
WinXP Pro SP2
Shuttle SN25P Barebones
(Via VT1617A Codec & Wolfson WM8728 DAC onboard)
AMD 3500+
2gb DDR400
WD Raptor 74gb
Seagate 7200.8 250gb

Reply #97
Russell,
Nice work on your config (I just installed the non-dockable version).  I had 2 problems that I sorted out and 1 that I haven't yet.
Resolved:
1. After a couple of installs without any results, I realized that I needed to place the extra components in the components file AFTER installing foobar--otherwise, foobar would over write the components subfolder;
2. I had to force foobar to create a config file (e.g., creating a blank playlist) in the [user]/application data/foobar 2000 subfolder and then replace it with the one the blackglass installer placed in my foobar 2000 folder.  Is there a way to force foobar 2000 to look in the programs file foobar 2000 folder for the configuration file?  This would allow me to have multiple installs with different config files for each.

Unresolved:
The image folder file that gives the glass effect is not being loaded for some reason--leaving me with a flat black background in the lcd section.  Any suggestions on getting that image loaded?

Thanks for your help--and thanks for sharing your hard work!
Robaird

Reply #98
After a couple of installs without any results, I realized that I needed to place the extra components in the components file AFTER installing foobar--otherwise, foobar would over write the components subfolder;

Oh,i think i should have mention it,sorry,i thought it was understood
I had to force foobar to create a config file (e.g., creating a blank playlist) in the [user]/application data/foobar 2000 subfolder and then replace it with the one the blackglass installer placed in my foobar 2000 folder. Is there a way to force foobar 2000 to look in the programs file foobar 2000 folder for the configuration file? This would allow me to have multiple installs with different config files for each.

Well,to be able to have many different foobar installations on one user account the "Enable user profile support"
option should be disabled (it's disabled by default in my config),that means that no foobar related files should be
placed in [user]/application data/foobar 2000.
The image folder file that gives the glass effect is not being loaded for some reason--leaving me with a flat black background in the lcd section. Any suggestions on getting that image loaded?

I should check it,i can't give you the answer right now,i've been pretty busy lately and didn't have time to handle all the issues related to the installer.

Reply #99
Russell,
It's working perfectly now!  It was the user account thing.  I reinstalled without the per user setting, and everything is perfect.
Thanks for your lightning fast response!
Robert