Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC "comment" not working, HELP! (Read 4664 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC "comment" not working, HELP!

I just installed EAC, FLAC and AccurateRip on my new laptop and ALMOST everything is working OK, but like a dummy I forgot to keep a copy of the command line settings I had been using for encoding into FLAC via EAC.

The string I came up with is currently:

-8 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -T comment="%e" -T "comment=EAC Secure_Lossless FLAC" %s

When I look at the comments field in either of 3 tag editors after completing a rip and encode into FLAC, it shows "Track #", where # = the track number instead of "EAC Secure_Lossless FLAC".

I've tried tweaking the comment section of my command line, but cannot seem to get it to work correctly, nor can I remember how I had written it before.

Can someone please help me out with this?  Almost 3 hours spent on this so far and my head hurts.

p.s.  I use -8 to keep the file size down.

Thanks!

Reply #2
I had it functioning perfectly prior to this, and the comment section showed what I wanted.  Really wish I would have made  a copy of that command line.  I know that I am really close, most likely just a tiny change needed but nothing I have tried has worked.

Any help?

Reply #3
Hi, why do you use %e?

-V8 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -T "comment=EAC Secure Lossless FLAC" %s

Reply #4
Hi, why do you use %e?

-V8 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -T "comment=EAC Secure Lossless FLAC" %s

Actually if I knew what each of the items meant I most likely would not be having any trouble. 
I love using EAC and FLAC, but am not a programmer and can't write code or anything else close to it.

I found that command string after doing quite a number of searches here on the forum.  Since I could not recall what command line I was using to include the comments, I just tried the one from HERE.
I will give your submission a try, thanks!

Reply #5
Hi, why do you use %e?

Works perfectly now, thanks!

Reply #7
His command line contains -T comment="%e". %e is the token for the comment specified in the Compression options "Offset" tab.

One of the options for this value is 'Write "Track <tracknumber>" into ID3 Tag comment field' (even though ID3 is not used in this instance).

I would assume that he previously  used 'Write following text into ID3 Tag comment field', with the static value 'EAC Secure Lossless FLAC', and the command line:

Code: [Select]
-8 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -T comment="%e" %s

I can only assume that, when using -T comment="%e" -T "comment=EAC Secure_Lossless FLAC", only the first switch is actioned.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #9
Synthetic Soul is correct.  Not sure what he said exactly, but I never use "ADD ID3 tag".

Reply #10

Just as the EAC token %a will return the Artist, %e will return the value of this box:

I'm on a horse.