Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: using --picture in flac (Read 5072 times) previous topic - next topic

using --picture in flac

I'm trying to use the --picture switch while re encoding my flac files, but without success.

If I do
Code: [Select]
$ flac --fast --picture="|image/jpeg|||./Artwork/Front.jpg" --output-name="CDImage.flac.new" CDImage.flac

I get no errors, but the picture is not imported
$ metaflac --export-picture-to=p.jpg CDImage.flac.new
CDImage.flac.new: ERROR: FLAC file has no PICTURE block

metaflac --list shows no picture block either.

if I then do
$ metaflac --import-picture-from="|image/jpeg|||./Artwork/Front.jpg" CDImage.flac.new

it works as expected. metaflac --list shows the picture block and --export-picture-to also works.

Any ideas?

thanks

using --picture in flac

Reply #1
ok, found the problem.

Apparently, picture importing is not working when the source is a flac file. Tried to decode the flac to wav first and then encode it with the same arguments and the picture was there.

Could someone confirm that this is indeed a bug and not something really bad on my side?

Thanks