Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK Winamp Plugin 0.0.3 Alpha (Read 14531 times) previous topic - next topic

TAK Winamp Plugin 0.0.3 Alpha

The first alpha release of my Winamp playback plugin for files created by TAK, my new lossless audio compressor.

Link removed. The final is out: TAK Winamp Plugin 1.0.1 - Final release

Please look into the ReadMe for more information.

Bug reports should be posted in this thread: TAK Winamp Plugin: Alpha and beta releases

Please don't distribute this alpha version, better wait for the stable release.

Have fun and thanks for testing!

Thomas

Reply #1
Thank you, Thomas! This plugin (and, of course, TAK itself  ) is very much appreciated!

I tested it on several encodes (including ones with different settings) and it works reliably. I am using Winamp 2.95  I will continue to test in the next couple weeks, though.

The TAK file info box is nice, as is the live VBR display.

Many thanks, and best of luck in getting it to a beta / release.

UED77
UED77
wavpack 4.50 -hx3; lame 3.97 -V4 --vbr-new

Reply #2
I'm using Winamp 5.25 with this plugin and it works fine here. While testing the speed by seeking the file randomly I didn't manage to create any errors. So far so good
The TAK file info box is nice, as is the live VBR display.

I think so too.
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Reply #3
Installed Winamp just so I could hear a TAK file play for the first time (I'm a foobar2000 user myself). Strangely enough, it sounded exactly like the FLAC version I created it from.

Silliness aside, no problems noticed here. Great work as always. Looking forward to what the future brings for the format.

Reply #4
I don't use WinAmp, but  I'm going to download the latest version of 1By1, which uses WinAmp input plug-ins, to play TAK files until a foobar plug-in is released.

Reply #5
The first alpha release of my Winamp playback plugin

Thank you so much for releasing this! It was quite something to finally hear my TAK files.

I don't use WinAmp, but  I'm going to download the latest version of 1By1, which uses WinAmp input plug-ins, to play TAK files until a foobar plug-in is released.

Thank you for the suggestion. I was about to install winamp just to play tak files. 

Reply #6
YAY!

Just played my first TAK encoded song on Winamp 5.33. Works great! Keep up the good work Thomas. Can't wait to see a Foobar2000 plugin.

Reply #7
Sweet...scanning works great on 5.33.  It was a treat hearing a TAK file!!

Reply #8
Congrats on the release of plug-in TBeck!, Works great except winamp crashed the first time I tried to play a tak file, but it worked fine after! Probably just be my machine
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"We will restore chaos"-Bush on Iraq[/span]

Reply #9
Just downloaded and tested. Works perfectly. Thank you, Thomas!!
Reason is immortal, all else mortal
- Pythagoras

Reply #10
This is fantastic, I would love to have Tagging support too though

Reply #11
It works!!! Great job!!!
--------------------

Reply #12
All TAK files I've tried played flawless with this plugin & Winamp 5.33. Good work, Thomas.

Reply #13
WinAMP 5.33 + TAK plugin 0.0.3 = no problems at all after ~2 days of listening.

Thanks, Thomas, very well done ! Looking forward to new version with tagging support

Reply #14
Many thanks for all your feedback!

I am glad, that the plugin is so much fun for you. I remember, that TAK seemed to be much more real, when i heard the first music played by the winamp plugin...

Reply #15
Hi Thomas!

Are there any things that you still plan to add to the winamp plugin? (because of the alpha status).

It would be great if it supported all the new fancy Winamp APIs (transcoding, replaygain, 24bit).

Reply #16
Are there any things that you still plan to add to the winamp plugin? (because of the alpha status).

It would be great if it supported all the new fancy Winamp APIs (transcoding, replaygain, 24bit).

Well, i also could have called it a beta... I myself am using the plugin since several weeks without any trouble. The reason why i haven't: The plugin uses my improved decoder which is part of the upcoming SDK. When the SDK has been finalized i will build a new version of the winamp plugin and call it beta. The plugin is serving as a test platform for my SDK decoder.

I don't intend to implement transcoding functionality in the plugin. Hopefully other developers will take care for plugin support (for Winamp and other applications) when the SDK has been released. For someone who already has written another plugin and can use this as a template, this should be quite easy. I myself want to concentrate on codec improvements after the SDK release.

The plugin should already playback 24-bit audio. Only the support for visualization plugins may be limited. I have to buy a new soundcard with 24-bit support before i can improve this.

Reply #17
Great Job, Thomas 

Reply #18
Cool!! Listening to some TAK files created from FLAC. Thanks a lot, Thomas.
Reason is immortal, all else mortal
- Pythagoras