Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Better access to mapped information inside of multiple tags (Read 2852 times) previous topic - next topic

Better access to mapped information inside of multiple tags

Using a branched expression %<tag>% inside of string functions isn't safe. That doesn't really matter if there wouldn't be the rare cases where you have multiple values and each of this values is a mapping between two informations: f.e. the PERFORMER tag that has following structure: musician (instrument). So it is not possible to create a list of just the musicians or a view in album list ... like musician|instument|title. But even if such string operations would work i think they would slow down the things extremly.

Would it be a solution if the mapped information would be saved in database.fpl additionally as seperate tags? I mean something similar like that: in advanced preferences i define Performer tag as "musician (instrument)" and when i save the performer tag i have acces to the informations inside of it not only with %performer% and %<performer>% but also with %musician%, %<musician>%, %instrument% and %<instrument>%.