Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [news] HarddiskOgg has been open sourced ! (Read 10384 times) previous topic - next topic

[news] HarddiskOgg has been open sourced !

Well, i noticed a very interesting news from the Fridgesoft's news page:
Friday, 01-26-2007

HarddiskOgg is now Open Source! I finally decided to release the source code to the public, as I just do not find enough time for big updates. You can find the source code at SourceForge. If you find the source code useful, or want to contribute, please let me know.

Official website

I also suggested it as a possible Windows Sound Recorder substitute for ReactOS.

Reply #1
Looks cool. So, it can record from any sound being produced by the sound card?

Now, if only it has timed recording like Mp3MyMp3...

Reply #2
harddiskogg has several command line options, in combination with windows scheduled tasks you can create timed recording. works good.

Reply #3
Cool.

I actually could use something like this.

Reply #4
Looks cool. So, it can record from any sound being produced by the sound card?

Now, if only it has timed recording like Mp3MyMp3...

Command line mode for easy integration or scheduled recordings.  Not that I would now how to use this LOL  Looks like great software though.
:Foobar 2000:
:MPC --standard:
:iRiver H320 Rockboxed:

Reply #5
Is anybody willing to pick up this project?

I'm still using this recorder, because I can't find something similar. It's still working and all, but there are newer libraries around now, and I'd like to be able to encode into FLAC.

If this abandonware is unlikely to get revived, I'd like some suggestions for similar programs. I need something that I can easily record audio with, preferably with a multitude of encoders, like LAME MP3, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis, etc. I should be free or open source software.

I'll try digging through the code myself, but I believe rewriting would be easier...

Reply #6
sox -d out.flac

encodes to flac from default sound device (wave out/line-in/mic/...)

sox -d -t wav - | celtenc - out.oga

encodes with custom encoder

As additional tip look at "silence" parameter, as magic trigger