Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: vst host for winamp dsp effects (Read 13168 times) previous topic - next topic

vst host for winamp dsp effects

Related to this post: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....c=54955&hl=

This is an example VST plugin that should (heh) enable the use of winamp dsp plugins in VST hosts.

The code is experimental/demonstration. It will probably not work in all cases, and especially with plugins that generate a different number of samples than what they receive ( pitch/speed changers or similar ). VST standard doesn't work this way for realtime processing ( offline processing would allow it, but those are only useful on some audio editor hosts ).

The file contains a compiled .dll ready to use, as well as the full source code (minus the two SDK's). It is released in public domain, meaning there's full rights to do whatever with it.

Reply #1
Oops.. I should ask in another topic instead.

Reply #2
I'm not  a coder so I can't do much beyond asking for this wrapper to be updated to work with a winamp DSP that I can't seem to find a VST for.

The Winamp DSP that I'm talking about is Sound Solution 1.31b

I can provide the dll and the config file for the dsp if it would help any.

The wrapper crashed DBpoweramp's Music Converter.

Currently I have to play all music through Winamp with the DSP and use a LAME encoder output plugin for winamp. So 20 hours of music takes me 20 hours to reencode with the remastering solution. Instead of 5-8 hours.

This is why I've been looking for a complete configurable 5 channel expander/limiter/compressor with AGC, premphasis, stereo expander etc in VST or DX plugin that's either Free or very reasonably priced.

[attachment=5114:dsp_ss131b.zip]

I was wondering if you could use your expertise and update your wrapper to handle this winamp DSP?

I would be so very thankful. It would save me many hours converting music for my personal use.