Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What app to play music on Mac?
ZK_audio
post Oct 2 2007, 11:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46214

Hi All,

Converting to Mac shortly and want to know best audio playback software for mac? I need it to play Flac as that is all I use. Is there anything like Foobar2000 on mac? blink.gif

Only one I have found is cog other then that Im lost.
btw I wasnt sure if this was the right forum for this but eh! cool.gif

Cheers

Z
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MichaelW
post Oct 3 2007, 07:47
Post #2

Member No.: 41501

QUOTE (ZK_audio @ Oct 2 2007, 22:06) *
Hi All,

Converting to Mac shortly and want to know best audio playback software for mac? I need it to play Flac as that is all I use. Is there anything like Foobar2000 on mac? blink.gif

As far as I can tell, most players for the Mac organise your music on the iTunes database model. I prefer something that follows a hierarchical directory structure, and I've only found VLC, and Audion 3 which is no longer developed and isn't recompiled for Intel, but whose way of building playlists from directory structures I prefer to VLC.

If I am wrong, I'd be delighted to be told of other players that follow directories, rather than needing precise tagging.

Michael
+Quote Post
bephillips
post Oct 15 2007, 07:29
Post #3

Member No.: 39727

QUOTE (MichaelW @ Oct 2 2007, 22:47) *
If I am wrong, I'd be delighted to be told of other players that follow directories, rather than needing precise tagging.

Michael

Slimserver builds a database, and especially with the Erland plug-ins, fully leverages tags, but you can play just by browsing the music folder hierarchy too. It can also guess tags pretty well based on one's folder hierarchy structure.

FB2K works fine under Parallels for playing flac, converting, tagging, etc, works over the network fine, but for me it won't play or rip from the optical drive, though it can see the files enough to identify them.

This post has been edited by bephillips: Oct 15 2007, 07:23

--------------------
http://db.etree.org/bephillips
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:25