Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics component (Read 201426 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Statistics component

Reply #100
hey peter, i have one simple request for this component. i like the new context menu for the rating, would it be possible to add a 0 in the rating menu? i reserve 0 for "filler" tracks that contain little or no music to keep them out of auto playlists.

thanks in advance

now that i experiment more with the rating feature it appears to be bugged. i have tracks that have a rating of 5, when i change the tag manually or with a script components are not reading the rating value correctly until i update it with the option in this component. it seems to happen with ratings of 4 or 5. very unusual.

Reply #101
What is the format of PlaybackStatistics.dat and is there a way for me to programatically add values to this file?  I have two objectives:

1 - Import in my ratings from foo_custominfo
2 - Be able to export my ratings to text, say CSV

The above-mentioned features were one of the wonderful parts of foo_custominfo; Thank you for the information and consideration.

Moderation: removed pointless quote of the first post.

Reply #102
As I've mentioned here, I've downloaded and tried this today, and all my %added% values are dated today, rather than going by the earlier %first_played% tag  as it is supposed to.

Any help with this?
It doesn't appear %added% is even stored in PlaybackStatistics.dat so I presume I can't "fix" this without nuking foobar2000.cfg?

[edit] Nevermind, a restart seems to have corrected it, sorry.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #103
i started using the playback statistics plugin not too long ago, but i already noticed that shutting down foobar takes way longer than before. is this normal? will it get even slower as more tracks get added to my PlaybackStatistics.dat? the file is already huge almost half the size of my database. how can this be possible? i'm sure that i didn't play back half of my database since i installed the plugin. besides shouldn't the statistics file be smaller anyway as it contains less information (filename + tags: playcount, first played, last played, added) than the database (filename + all other tags)?

edit: i looked into the PlaybackStatistics.dat with a text editor and discovered that my whole database was in there - because of the %added% tag. of course! i didn't think of that before.
i also noticed that it was quite polluted by tracks that were moved to another folder. i guess i'll have to keep my files on the same drive & path to be able to use playcount properly.
is there an option to only use tags to store the information? i guess 'automatically synchronize file tags with...' will keep the PlaybackStatistics.dat as well, won't it?

Reply #104
I've been using 0.9.4.3 for some time now due to my reliance on foo_custominfo, but it looks like these updates to foo_playcount eliminate that reliance.

Still I'm left with the problem of migrating all my custominfo_sqlite.db data to the new PlaybackStatistics.dat file.  Has anyone figured out an easy way of doing this?  Some options I'm considering:

1) foo_custominfo can alternatively store its data in a text file.  Through some clever search and replace, it might be possible to convert this text file to the format used by PlaybackStatistics.dat (I haven't examined this format yet so I'm not sure).

2) foo_custominfo can also store its data in the foobar.cfg file, which can then potentially be read by foo_playcount -- although I will need an older version of foo_playcount, one compatible with 0.9.4.3.  Is there one available for download anywhere?

3) Writing all my foo_custominfo data into the files' metadata; importing this metadata into PlaybackStatistics.dat; then removing all the metadata.

Needless to say this last option is far less ideal, but I think it may be my only hope.  Any other ideas?

Reply #105
Option 3's probably going to be your best bet. You may need to change the tag names before importing into the official playback statistics component.

Reply #106
I have a problem using both the Playback Statistics and Quick Tagger components for setting song ratings. Here is the problem description: I want to be able to set ratings on every file, which is palyed by FB2K (not the only ones, which are stored in Media Library). This is impossible using Playback Statistics, so I set Quick Tagger to set ratings using keybard horkeys (Ctrl-0...5).

But from time to time the ratings gets messed up. The file properties shows the rating value set by Quick Tagger, but the playlist and the context menu uses value from Playback Statistics (which, by the way was not used to set ratings). See a picture for more info...

http://www.nncron.ru/temp/rating.jpg (120 kB)

The only way to 'synchronise' the rating value back is to use Playback Statistics-Rating-<not set> context menu item and the use one of the Quick Tagger keyb. hotkeys to set the value.

What may be wrong here? It seems, FB2K reads the Playback Statistics database in the irst place, ignoring the file tags, but I'm not sure how the wrong value comes to the Playback Statistics, while this component is not used to set the Rating. Maybe there is smth wrong with the file tags-database synchronisation? The Playback statistic is set to Automatically synchronise the file tags and to Monitor Playing songs.

Thanks!

Reply #107
The reason is that playback statistics stores to its db while quicktagger stores info in file tags. Having playback statistics save info in tag might solve the problem (preferences -> Advanced).

Reply #108
The reason is that playback statistics stores to its db while quicktagger stores info in file tags. Having playback statistics save info in tag might solve the problem (preferences -> Advanced).

I have wrote 'The Playback statistic is set to Automatically synchronise the file tags and to Monitor Playing songs.' in my initial message, so Playback Statistics IS set  to save tags in files.

The problem is, that Playback Statistics is NOT used at all to set the Ratings, but for some reasons it interference with Quick Tagger, changing the Rating value. I'm pretty sure this happens somewhere when synchronising the file tags and PS database.

Reply #109
The problem is, that Playback Statistics is NOT used at all to set the Ratings, but for some reasons it interference with Quick Tagger, changing the Rating value. I'm pretty sure this happens somewhere when synchronising the file tags and PS database.

It's seems I know, what happens. When both Automatically synchronise the file tags and to Monitor Playing songs Playback Statistics options are enabled, the current Rating settings is written into the PS db. And after this it is impossible to change this value using Quick Tagger, just because the value is fetched from the databse. Right? I think this is not a good idea.

So, we have two options:

1) Allow Playback Statistics to write tags to files not included in Media Library ( visit this link to find why I need this: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=567578 )
2) Give file tags the precedence comparing to database

Your ideas?

Reply #110
1) Allow Playback Statistics to write tags to files not included in Media Library ( visit this link to find why I need this: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=567578 )

I was just planning to ask about/for this option  Any chances for implementing/enabling this kind of behaviour?

Reply #111
FEATURE REQUEST:

Would it be possible for Playback Statistics to either:
a) record "Total Played Time per Track", or
b) allow an option whereby Playback Statistics offers an additional (alternative) playcount based on:
Total Played Time per Track / Track Length

Why would this be good?

1) It gives you a far more accurate reading. Currently, if I play the first 1 min of a 10 min song 10 times, foo_playcount says I've played it 10 times, whereas "total played time" / "track length" would say I've played it once. Though this is not entirely accurate, it's far, far closer to the truth.
2) It's a good way to eliminate the need for skip counts.
3) It would not affect those users who always play their files all the way through, but it would beneficially affect those users who skip from track to track and still require an accurate reading of how often they've listened to each track.
4) It eliminates the need for any "count if played when played x %" or "count if played when played > 2 mins" kind of options.
5 Kanak has suggested %play_time% which would be purely the total played time per song. This would give users the opportunity to do:
%play_time% / %track_length% as a column ("play count") format, and I think this a nice idea.
6) Alternatively, foo_playcount could do the calculation itself and output something like %play_count_alt% which would yield the same result as above (5).

Clearly, if foo_playcount used "total played time" / "track length" it would want to round down to the nearest integer.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this request.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #112
Something strange here. The component works with album list, but not with facets. Look at the screenshot. What could I have done wrong?

[a href="http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=playbackstatisticsai6.png" target="_blank"]

//edit: seems that only the %added%-query doesn't work

Reply #113
DURING LAST is not supported by facets yet.

All other syntax extensions are supported automatically, but this is a rare case where work on my side is required.

Reply #114
DURING LAST is not supported by facets yet.

All other syntax extensions are supported automatically, but this is a rare case where work on my side is required.

Thank you Frank,

I thought, I made a mistake.

Reply #115
i wonder if in a future update if the stats component could come with an option to not update the stats of a track until playback is stopped or another track is started.

Reply #116
I'm timidly approaching the arduous task of migrating all my stats from foo_custominfo (in foobar 0.9.4.3) to foo_playcount (in 0.9.5.4).

First I thought I would have to write all my custominfo tags into the file metadata, to be read later by foo_playcount.  I don't seem to be able to do this with Masstagger, however; it doesn't recognize data from foo_custominfo, neither through %field_name% nor through $cinfo(field_name).  Am I doing something wrong?  Does anybody know how to get foo_custominfo data into the file tags?

I've also realized that in addition to foo_custominfo, I've kept foo_playcount 1.3.2 running this whole time, to keep parallel data in foobar2000.cfg (for just such an occasion, I guess).  Because of my problem in getting custominfo data into file tags, I might have to resort to using this data (which is slightly less complete).  So, what might be the best way to do this?  Is there a foo_playcount version between 1.3.2 and 2.1.4 that both (a) is compatible with foobar 0.9.4.x and (b) stores its data in PlaybackStatistics.dat?  If so, I could migrate all the data this way, without having to touch the audio files themselves, which is hugely appealing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Stats are very important to me with a 3 year old, 15k+ library.  Thanks in advance.

Reply #117
Are Playback Statistics info being stored in PlaybackStatistics.dat ?
If I save this file and copy it into a clean installation of foobar and Playback Statistics will all my old data be transfered to my new installation?

Reply #118
@hariskar: It does, if your new installation has Media Library with the same path structure.

Reply #119
Thanks!
If the Local Disk's letter changes?

Reply #120
Same path structure means no drive letter change.

Reply #121
So, the only way is to write data in file tags?

Reply #122
You may use that way as an intermediate or you can change the letters of your partitions on your new installation by right click on My Computer -> Manage -> Disk Management. The latter way is a little tricky and you may mess up your data.

Reply #123
Hi,

is there a way to tell external programs like "CD Art Display" where to store the rating tag? If i rate with this little nice external cover art application, the rating is stored in the file instead in the database. but because im using ps3 as mediaplayer i need to stay with id3v2.3 tags. a tag change within foobar will write id3v2.4 tags, wich are not compatible with my media servers.
maybe it's possible to tell foobar to store a tag like "RATING" always in the statistics database?

thanks

Reply #124
i think it's too much, but if it isn't, i'd like the possibility to move folders that are in media library, and not to lose their play stats just because you replace folder from one place to another inside media library