Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_winamp_ipc (Read 81349 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_winamp_ipc

foo_winamp_ipc create a fake winamp window to handle winamp IPC(Inter-process communication) commands.
Using IPC is a easy way to control foobar or receive information by outer applications.

This component use completely callback object to keep information, event under frequently query wouldn't impact on foobar.
It has also implemented some useful functions, like progress seeking, volume control, song info, etc.

The list of supported command, please see below link.
Homepage: http://yiting2002.myweb.hinet.net/rainmeter/winamp_ipc.html
Download: foo_winamp_ipc-0.1.3.zip (41.0 KB)

Changes in v0.1.3:
*USE lookup table for GET/SET volume.
*ADD 9 new commands. (See homepage for details.)
Changes in v0.1.2:
*FIX on_playback_edited would crash.
*ADD IPC_GETLISTPOS/IPC_GETLISTLENGTH command.
*ADD IPC_SETPLAYLISTPOS command.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #1
Thanx Yiting,
Very nicely done. Totally non-intrusive and fully functional

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #2
don't think it works with 0.9.5(can't find Winamp IPC title).

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #3
doesn't work

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #4
don't think it works with 0.9.5(can't find Winamp IPC title).

Sorry i am not yet testing it on 0.9.5 

According to my trying, it could still work currently.
But i also didn't know why foobar didn't show 'Winamp IPC title' in 'Advenced->Display->Legacy title formatting settings'.
maybe that is foobar's bug? or i should consider show that in different way.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #5
But i also didn't know why foobar didn't show 'Winamp IPC title' in 'Advenced->Display->Legacy title formatting settings'.

Not a bug. That branch only shows legacy title formatting strings exposed by foobar2000 itself. You should either create a separate preferences page for your component, or create your own entry on the Advanced preferences page.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #6
Thanks a lot Yiting!!! 
With your plugin, now I can use "Fadeamp 2" to control the crossfading over two seperate foobar instances, just like if'd be using a hardware output mixer.
I had been looking for this ability for a long, long time.
It works flawless with 0.9.5 b1.

Thanks again! 

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #7
Thank you for a plugin.
It is full unicode compatibile? I have a problem with names such as "グッドバイ" or "佐藤タイジ" and i don't know if it is a plugin issue or my end-software.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #8
Thank you for a plugin.
It is full unicode compatibile? I have a problem with names such as "?????" or "?????" and i don't know if it is a plugin issue or my end-software.

It partially depends on the application which is fetching the data, but the old standard Winamp API doesn't support Unicode.
As a matter of fact, when I was implementing it for my emulation, I came across some undocumented wide-char commands which should handle this, but I don't know whether they are really used by any plugins. If you will give it a try, you can get it here - you don't have to set up anything, just having the component loaded should do.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #9
As a matter of fact, when I was implementing it for my emulation, I came across some undocumented wide-char commands which should handle this, but I don't know whether they are really used by any plugins. If you will give it a try, you can get it here - you don't have to set up anything, just having the component loaded should do.

No difference but I tested it only by very old/strange pair - winamp.py (Python Winamp Controller) and BBinterface (which I hardly suppose to understand Unicode)... Hmm, "Now playing" screensaver also shows only "?????".

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #10
Now as I think of it, I was saying BS a bit. If what you are after is current track title, then it's just the standard window title of the "main Winamp window", as it is. And this is set by fb2k in unicode (I belive that by both components, though not sure about this one).
So it looks like the problem is on the receiver's side - either it does use only ANSI version of GetWindowText() to get the window title, or it's then trying to display it as ANSI text only. Any way, the special characters are lost during conversion somewhere. If it was a font issue, there would most probably be "the squares", not questionmarks.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #11
Fix the problem with title formatting settings in 0.9.5.
And now, you can Enable/Disable it anytime  .

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #12
Thnx for the update.

Any chance getting this to work with mIRC/nbs-script?

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #13
Finally a winamp plugin worth its salt! But here's a question: is there any way to get the playlist number to show up instead of the track number? I thought  replacing %tracknumber% with %playlist_number% would work, but no luck there.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #14
The field you want is called %list_index%. You'd know yourself if you'd clicked the item called "Title Formatting Help" in the Help main menu and read that nifty document. If you have a main menu, that is.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #15
I've already tried that, as well as going through all of the related formatting strings, and none have worked. I assume this feature is impossible through the winamp ipc menu, but it was a stupid mistake for me to think that something working through Foobar would also work in Winamp. In other words, I probably went about this the wrong way, but even when going to title formatting in the main menu, it doesn't work properly. Thus, I assume it's simply a problem on my end, and an unimportant one at that, so for now I'm letting it be. Threadjack over, sorry to bother.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #16
Ah, yes, the %list_index% works only when enumerating playlist - it is not available to the component for "currently playing item".

However, if "a problem on my end" means you are creating another interface for this information yourself, you might use IPC_GETLISTPOS. (If this message is supported by foo_winamp_ipc - I don't know.)

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #17
hm.. i know my formatting string isn't very short, or simple.. but this one used to work in winamp_spam just fine.. yet in this one it shits bricks.
any idea why? (it only seems to want to display something like 50 chars anyway.. is that a hard limit imposed?)

Code: [Select]
[$if2(%composer%,%artist%)]$iflonger([$meta(artist,0)],2, '{'%album%'}' - [%tracknumber%. ], - )[%title%[ {%contentgroup%}]][, Performed by: $iflonger([%conductor%],2,%conductor%',' %ensemble%[ - %performer%],$iflonger([%ensemble%],2,%ensemble%[ - [%performer%]],[%performer%]))][ '('%date%')']

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #18
Because foobar not just have single playlist, so IPC_GETLISTPOS/IPC_GETLISTLENGTH would always focus on Playing playlist (not Activate playlist).

Those still only use callback object to maintain internal variables, any problem please report here

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #19
Sorry for update again.

In v0.1.3 has finished almost all IPC commands, hopes everyone to enjoy it.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #20
This worked for a while with Digsby, but for some reason, it's no longer working.  It just appears that Digsby isn't picking up on the commands for some reason.  Is this a bug with Digsby or with the plugin?

Thanks for your continued development. 

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #21

Not a bug. That branch only shows legacy title formatting strings exposed by foobar2000 itself. You should either create a separate preferences page for your component, or create your own entry on the Advanced preferences page.

Hi,
I was wondering how can I do that? Could you please provide a more in depth explanation/example.

I can't get CD Art Display to work with foobar 9.5.3.
Thank you very much.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #22
This worked for a while with Digsby, but for some reason, it's no longer working.  It just appears that Digsby isn't picking up on the commands for some reason.  Is this a bug with Digsby or with the plugin?

Id also like to know.. Digsby + foobar = 

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #23

Id also like to know.. Digsby + foobar = 

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=61516 works with Digsby.  I think there's something broken in this component right now.

foo_winamp_ipc

Reply #24

I finally have chance to try Digsby
According to my test, Digsby use a special hack IPC_GETPLAYLISTTITLE for get music title, this message should be only used by internal plug-in.
This message not support unicode encoding, so not be implemented and report a null value.
I think Digsby should check the return value to solve this problem, or I may release another version without playlist support.