Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tango looking icons for fb2k (Read 47754 times) previous topic - next topic

Tango looking icons for fb2k

Preview:

This is my first attempt in icon creation. I needed something to blend with my system icons (I'm a Super Turbo Tango Patcher whore) and I decided to share my work in case someone else finds it useful.

They are Vista ready and no, it is not the complete set. I did not felt like creating icons for playlist formats since I don't use them so often... Maybe I will find some motivation later.

Are included in the archive icons for: AAC, AC3, APE, DTS, FLAC, GENERIC, M4A, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, OFR, OGG, TAK, WAV & WV.

Installation: Move to %AppDir%\Icons, backup old icons, paste new ones, execute filetypes.reg, rebuild icon cache.

Reply #1
They look great! Thanks for posting them.

Reply #2
Excellent work, they look very nice. Thanks.

Reply #3
Tango style is really great. Thank you.
Sharing delusions since 1991.

Reply #4
HOLY CRAP!

It's brilliant. Excellent work, thanks for sharing.

Reply #5
Fantastic!
Thinking Outside The Box

Reply #6
looks amazing, thanks

Reply #7
Great job, they look terrific 
I'm a big fan of the Tango look and I was planning to create a set for Foobar but you beat me to it 
Thanks for sharing!

Reply #9
They look great.

Not to sound rude, but is there any possibility of a TAK icon?  At any rate, thank you
Nero AAC 1.5.1.0: -q0.45

Reply #10
+1 for Tak icon
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #11
Thanks for your support everyone, it is appreciated. I have edit first post and added new archive with icons for AC3, DTS, OptimFROG (ofr right?) and TAK.

Reply #12
Gorgeous.  Thanks for this.

Reply #13
They look great. However, I think all the aliencats should be white.

Did you use "Crisp" for the fonts? Maybe "Sharp" or some other antialiasing would be better. They seem a little too smooth.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #14
Thanks for your support everyone, it is appreciated. I have edit first post and added new archive with icons for AC3, DTS, OptimFROG (ofr right?) and TAK.

Great work, OFR is for OptimFROG is correct. Just a note, the middle-sized icon for OptimFROG in the preview is labelled with OGG instead OFR. The icons in the archive are ok.

Reply #15
Indeed they really look great, thanks.

About the black/white heads, i think in the original icon set, black head is for lossless and white head for lossy. IMHO it would be great keep this 'rule' in your icon set too.

edit: ... and purple for MPC ...mmm... lovely

Reply #16
what about .cue icon?
Thinking Outside The Box

Reply #17
They look awesome. Keep up your excellent work.     

Reply #18
They look great. However, I think all the aliencats should be white.

Did you use "Crisp" for the fonts? Maybe "Sharp" or some other antialiasing would be better. They seem a little too smooth.

The only reason why some aliencats are black is to enhance the contrast with the body. White colored was almost indistinguishable from background, especially for APE and WMA. I was not aware of the lossless/lossy correlation with the colors, so I might consider it when I will have more time to spend on it.

Actually, I used the strong antialiasing method because otherwise the fonts was not bold enough, although I agree that the fonts could be sharper. I'll figure it out.

Great work, OFR is for OptimFROG is correct. Just a note, the middle-sized icon for OptimFROG in the preview is labelled with OGG instead OFR. The icons in the archive are ok.

Yeah I realized my mistake after creating the preview so I fixed the icon, but did not felt like editing the preview.

Reply #19
Sorry if I could make a statement?
I think the little ones the foocat looks a bit    blurred (I hope this is the right word(I looked it up in LEO)).
The Rest is good work.

Reply #20
Excellent work, they look very nice. Thanks.

Reply #21
Great icons for every tango freak out there (I'm one of them).

Reply #22
"no fu*king way"

that was my first reaction

great work, if you got time could you please make cue.ico , cd.ico & m3u.ico in tango style please

Reply #23
Thanks !
Sorry for the bad english, I'm french .

Reply #24
Really Good job on these Icons.  Hope you keep up the good work