Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wikipedia wave field synthesis article needs help (Read 4524 times) previous topic - next topic

Wikipedia wave field synthesis article needs help

Hi,

one year ago i have written the article in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_field_synthesis

The principle was known since 20 years, because of the success in range of digital signal processors the topic becomes now highly actual. The stuff is described shortly and ready, but unfortunately my english is very bad, caused by the communism in eastern Germany with education only in russian.

Today a wiki administrator marked the article for delete in some days, if nobody would improving my english. That would be sad because that audio rendition procedure is very interesting, hence.

Everybody in the forum, possibly by native tongue, is able to improve the article? Gladly I would work together for topic questions.

Kind regards Helmut
http://www.syntheticwave.de

Reply #1
I've deleted the PROD template, but on a second look, one major concern is the WP:NOR policy.

Is the article only based on published sources? Are you sure that there are no "original/new" conclusions, even if they come from existing data?

If the answers are yes and yes, then all's fine. But if one or more of the answers are no, then I'm going to put them up for deletion.

Reply #2
Berkhout invented the procedure in 1988 at the University of Delft, based on the Huygens principle.

I don't think thats right.  People have been doing phased array acoustic beam forming to create arbitrary wavefronts since the 1960s, and commercial units have been on the market since at least the 1970s.  The paper cited just seems to be a generalization of existing research to audio systems.

Reply #4
So what's the verdict..?

Hi kjoonlee, is comming soon, still I am searching the published sources.

@Mike

yes, beramforming was earlier. But it wasnt aimed to restore the genuine soundfield according huygens principle. That Patent was claimed by the Delft University.

Regards Helmut

Reply #5
I've deleted the PROD template, but on a second look, one major concern is the WP:NOR policy.

Is the article only based on published sources? Are you sure that there are no "original/new" conclusions, even if they come from existing data?

If the answers are yes and yes, then all's fine. But if one or more of the answers are no, then I'm going to put them up for deletion.

Hello Kjonlee,

all is based on published sources and no new conclusions. I have given reasons for that in the wiki dicscussion by the wfs site. Please show again. Posibly you can improve the article a little.

Thanks for your help!
Helmut

http:www.syntheticwave.de