Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Type-find (Read 6044 times) previous topic - next topic

Type-find

So, ehm, while I was playing with Foobar today, I found a mysterious Type-find panel. It searches in exactly the way I want it to, but I can't make it show up indefinately, nor can the shortcut bring it up. I'm wondering who made this thing and how to resolve the keyboard shortcut not working...

Type-find

Reply #2
I asked Frank and he didn't make it, and it's not Quick-search either. I'm puzzled here, heh...

Do I have a one-of-a-kind?

Type-find

Reply #3
Is it quick playlist, which is found in library->quickplaylist?

Type-find

Reply #4
is it musicmusic's?  his typefind reminds me of searching in vim.

link

Type-find

Reply #5
If it's musicmusic's, it works as follows.

You don't show it up. Just insert the panel anywhere and assign a keyboard shortcut to it.

eg. the keyboard shortcut is "/"
To search for anything in your current playlist, hit "/" on the keyboard and start typing(artist or title).
You can navigate using the up & down arrow keys on your keyboard.
To exit from typefind, hit the <ESC> key.

Type-find

Reply #6
A little bit late.. but I just figured out the the Quicksearch Toolbar has the same function when you turn on "Inline" and "Automatic" search!