Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Previous button no longer works (Read 3373 times) previous topic - next topic

Previous button no longer works

I am using foobar2000 9.5.3 (not beta) on Windows XP.

The previous button only stops the playback, it does not go to the previous track. I don't have any plugins installed.

Another small bug is that foo_infobox (which I use in 9.5.1) does not parse make the ";" properly. Meaning, I still see the ";" in the artist field when I use it to separate artists (should be replaced with ","). This might be a problem with the plugin and not the core. However, the rewrite tags command does not fix this, which it should.

Reply #1
This is the intended behaviour when playback order is set to random.

Edit: Please note that foo_infobox has been a known problematic component for a long time.
It is recommended to use the properties dialog instead.

However, the rewrite tags command does not fix this, which it should.

No. If a component includes semicolons in a metadata value, rewriting the tags is not supposed to split that value. Actual multivalue fields are stored differently, not with semicolons in plain text. Their usage to indicate multiple values is simply a convention used by the properties dialog.

Reply #2
oh is it? It wasn't like this before. Could there be an option so that it does go back to the previous track even when it's on random?

Oh, and I figured out the foo_infobox splitting character, it's the forward slash: \.

I prefer foo_infobox for now because it has a next button and it has a very useful codepage conversion feature.

edit: Nevermind sorry, it works if I put it on shuffle. What's the difference anyway?

Reply #3
Please read the FAQ on Random / Shuffle Playback Order.

I prefer foo_infobox for now because it has a next button (...)

To edit multiple tracks? I think properties is much more convenient and efficient for that purpose once you explore its capabilities. You can open it for multiple tracks at once, and for example double-click on the title field to edit per-track values individually:

Not to mention all the features available through the Tools button and the context menu.

Reply #4
Short answer for previous button problem... 

Use Shuffle instead of random.  It should work then.

Reply #5
oh wow, didn't know about that double clicking feature, foobar just got even better for me