Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Which Testfile sounds the best to you?

Testfile01
[ 1 ] (11.1%)
Testfile02
[ 1 ] (11.1%)
Testfile03
[ 1 ] (11.1%)
Testfile04
[ 5 ] (55.6%)
You lied again, they're all the same (Can't tell the difference)
[ 1 ] (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Topic: Informal Listening Test poll #3 (Read 8298 times) previous topic - next topic

Informal Listening Test poll #3

OK, here's #3. 
http://cid-bddc40910d4ed66e.skydrive.live....lf.aspx/Sample3
Same idea as before. There are 4 Testfiles, 1 original. To make things easier, I also uploaded a zip file containing all files. 

Track is "Full Metal Cars" by Daniel.

Vote away. I hope to see more participants than the last poll.

PS: Can any mod set the thread to expire in 14 days, just like the last poll? Thanks. 
PSS: Also, can a mod fix my spelling error on the title of the thread?  I want it to be "Informal Listening Test poll #3." I wish I could fix this myself.
twitter.com/pika2000

Reply #1
Done.  Poll will close on 1 July.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
Bump.
twitter.com/pika2000

Reply #3
Bump. 700+ views, but only 2 votes?
twitter.com/pika2000

Reply #4
Bump. 700+ views, but only 2 votes?

It might be because there are too many clicks required to get to the files to save locally for testing and it might be confusing for some.

How about just a direct link to the ZIP file so we can right-click once and "Save Target As..."?  That's better than having to click on the link, then click again to reach another menu, then click again for yet another menu.

For example, the actual Sample3.ZIP can be located at:

http://xfihdg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pUfM...e3.zip?download

See how easy that was?

Reply #5
I honestly can't tell the difference, but that's probably because I don't have very expensive speakers. 

Reply #8
My vote here was from best to worst : 4,3,1,2. My comments is that for me 4 and 3 sounded ok, being the 4 the more closest to the original. The 1 and 2 files I can notice the loss of frequency and hence the worst files.

Reply #9
Wow, 100% increase from 2 voters to 4 voters....  Thanks to those that participated. Hopefully I can see more votes before the thread is closed. The response on the 2nd poll was so great that I want to do more of this, but maybe not everyone is interested.
twitter.com/pika2000

Reply #10
The response on the 2nd poll was so great that I want to do more of this, but maybe not everyone is interested.

I really appreciate this. I've discovered new codecs (their weakness and strongs) because of your listening tests  .

Reply #11
4 is better,
but 1, 2, 3 sounds very similar, i vote 3 is worst

PS. I think that "4" is a AAC-HE.

Reply #12
Another quick bump before July 1st. 6 voters out of 1400+ views is inda depressing....
twitter.com/pika2000

Reply #13
First listened them trhough and then ABX:ed them with the original, heard the differences pretty easily. And i "only" have Sennheiser hd 595 headphones, HiFi enough for me. The third sounded worst for me, I think it is mp3, and fourth the best.
Sennheiser HD595 - Logitech Z5500 - SB XFi Xtreme Audio
FLAC -8