Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Columns UI graphics help (Read 6020 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Columns UI graphics help

Okay, since im a total noob at this foobar shit, im asking for help. i tried to use the search and look at the forums but i couldnt find anything usefull. So on to the questions, im trying to change the looks of those spots marked with red. I got the playlist pretty decent using a config by someone?(cant remember who) but since i dont want albums and or pictures or anything thats complicated on my foobar i couldnt use it, so i basically i just want to change the graphics on those spots iv marked without touching the playlist. 

Eh sorry for the big picture, had some problems with thumbnails.

Reply #1
Appearance of tabs, column headers, scrollbar and volume slider depends on your visual style.

Buttons can be changed by right clicking on them and choosing Customize -> Tools -> Load from file...
Of course first you need to download some buttons that you like. You can find some nice sets here on Hydrogenaudio.

As far as the seekbar is concerned I'm not really sure how to change that as it doesn't seem to be a standard ColumnsUI element.

Reply #2
The seekbar looks to me like the default WSH Panel config. I don't know anything at all about coding that, but you could probably ask around or rip existing code off released configs.

Reply #3
Hello,

your config is not the basic one, is it ? Or perhaps you have Vista or something like that ?

I am rather a noob myself and I don't know if that will help you but in the menu "View" you have something like "layout" and, in this "submenu" you can tick "live editing". Once that is enabled, you can make a number of manipulations by right-clicking on a panel, when you right-click on a panel without enabling "live editing", there are also sometimes (depending on the panel) some kinds of display options.

You can also configure your Columns_ui in the "File", "Preferences" menu, when you click "Columns UI", you have a window on the right with several tabs and menus to change certain features. It took me a while before managing to change the layout with the splitters (and I'm still having difficulties  ). The key is to insert first the splitters and then the panels you want into each splitter. To understand the basics about the splitters, you can read what is said about them on this page : Hydrogen audio tuto.

But you're probably ahead of me because I haven't yet imported the config of someone else, so I don't know if this will be of much help.

As for me, I am wondering if the toolbar header at the top of the window can be moved (I can recreate it in a horizontal splitter but I don't know how to have the resizing handles and separators appear just like in the one at the top)...

Also, could anyone indicate me the address of a site which lists all the components to make panels appear in columns_UI please ? Or tell me if there is one which enables the displaying of the properties of the selected song (like its path for example) ?

Thanx.

I go back to my learning...

Reply #4
Heloo,

I now have my answer as for the panel which displays the path so I post it here in case it helps anyone.

The panel to use is Track_info_mod (more recent but needs Visual C++ to be installed on your computer ; dl and info here tim ) but if you don't need all the features or don't want to install Visual C++, I found an older, very basic, version called foo_uie_trackinfo (can't remember where I found it, look for it on the web or PM me).

In hopes of helping someone...

Reply #5
Heloo,

I now have my answer as for the panel which displays the path so I post it here in case it helps anyone.

The panel to use is Track_info_mod (more recent but needs Visual C++ to be installed on your computer ; dl and info here tim ) but if you don't need all the features or don't want to install Visual C++, I found an older, very basic, version called foo_uie_trackinfo (can't remember where I found it, look for it on the web or PM me).

In hopes of helping someone...

you only need to install the runtime environment
All tracks accurately ripped

End of status report

Reply #6
you only need to install the runtime environment

Huh ?

Errr... Sorry, I already underlined my "noobness"... What is the "runtime environment" ?

Reply #7
a runtime envoironment is like a code library installed on your machine in order to run programs.

e.g. java, .net framework

you dont need to install the whole c++ compiler from microsoft. just download the c++ environment files
http://beqiraj.com/windows/tools/visual-c/index.asp
All tracks accurately ripped

End of status report