Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: global dropdown for all Sort pattern boxes (Read 3607 times) previous topic - next topic

global dropdown for all Sort pattern boxes

Basically, like title says, I'd like to see a common dropdown list for all the sort pattern boxes.

I count four of them in all:

Sort By... dialog
Preferences->General->Sort incoming files by...
Media Library Search ->[...] button -> Autoplaylist Creator dialog
and
the Autoplaylist Properties dialog

Rather than composing the same filter patterns each time (or more often using 80 mouse clicks to Ctrl+C and Ctrl+v everytime), it would be much more convenient to be able to select previously used sort patterns from a drop down.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #1
Hello

I have small question, is it possible to code in same possibility of previous chosen criterias in autoplaylist properties window as in sorting files window?

This is Behaviour in Sorting window:

And this is Behaviour in Autoplaylist Properties (you see no dropdown choice menu in sorting field)

Reason for this is that one has always to type the same sorting criteria (and whole title formatting) which can be very long or one has to copy and paste it from somewhere else.

Thanks,
Oby

Reply #2
Hey! just came across this thread searching for my own. Glad to see someone else wants this.

Here's my thread:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=66071

Can we have a ruling from the Dev team about this?

[edit] or does this fall under "Feature: Simplified user interface for creating autoplaylists." in the proposed features post?
elevatorladylevitateme