Reply to this topicStart new topic
CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current), AccurateRip support & more
spoon
post Nov 11 2011, 20:43
Post #1651

dBpowerAMP developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 1615

If none of your rips match AR then AR cannot be any more forgiving, they either match or they do not, if you are using a program which cannot check across pressings, then check your cd ripping offset is correct.

--------------------
Spoon http://www.dbpoweramp.com
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gregory S. Chudo...
post Nov 11 2011, 21:46
Post #1652

Group: Developer
Member No.: 59035

QUOTE (acmodeu @ Nov 11 2011, 07:10) *
Why does CT ignore manually edited tags and leaves them as the were found via internet databases?

If i recall correctly, this was a bug in 2.1.2, fixed in 2.1.2a

--------------------
CUETools 2.1.4
+Quote Post
Gregory S. Chudo...
post Nov 11 2011, 21:57
Post #1653

QUOTE (philaphonic @ Nov 11 2011, 04:51) *

Thanks!

--------------------
CUETools 2.1.4
+Quote Post
korth
post Nov 11 2011, 23:40
Post #1654

Group: Members
Member No.: 88969

QUOTE (spoon @ Nov 11 2011, 20:43) *
If none of your rips match AR then AR cannot be any more forgiving, they either match or they do not, if you are using a program which cannot check across pressings, then check your cd ripping offset is correct.
I was referring to rip submissions never appearing in the AR database or your backend blocking submissions by ComputerID. (My original post needed editing, sorry for the confusion). This is off-topic, I'll drop it. I no longer submit to AR anyway. Why bother if the data is ignored.

This post has been edited by korth: Nov 11 2011, 23:43

--------------------
korth
+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Nov 12 2011, 11:18
Post #1655

Member No.: 44399

QUOTE (Gregory S. Chudov @ Nov 10 2011, 18:07) *
and in batch modes the popup windows are disabled. When repairing, you have to use Folder browser, and select the actual .cue, not the folder.

Thanks for the clarification. I always use drag'n drop mode. That can be called a batch mode too, so that was the reason I didn't get the pop-up.
Now I can repair some rips beer.gif
+Quote Post
philaphonic
post Nov 12 2011, 23:31
Post #1656

Member No.: 13785

How do I rip a CD using CUERipper and go to individual tracks -- but without the occasional HTOA file getting written as a small (silent) "track"?

I want to be able to prepend or append those gaps (HTOA tracks) to existing tracks, but I cannot see how to adjust that setting.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by philaphonic: Nov 12 2011, 23:32
+Quote Post
korth
post Nov 13 2011, 02:02
Post #1657

QUOTE (philaphonic @ Nov 12 2011, 23:31) *
How do I rip a CD using CUERipper and go to individual tracks -- but without the occasional HTOA file getting written as a small (silent) "track"?
I want to be able to prepend or append those gaps (HTOA tracks) to existing tracks, but I cannot see how to adjust that setting.
Thank you.
If you are asking about switching the 'Gap Handling' from 'Gaps Appended + HTOA' to 'Gaps Appended' so pregaps are not written as HTOA, it is handled by
%appdata%/CUERipper/settings.txt
PreserveHTOA=1 is for 'Gaps Appended + HTOA'
PreserveHTOA=0 is for 'Gaps Appended' only

Changing 'Gap Handling' to 'Gaps Appended' can change the log results if the pregap isn't completely silent. AR ignores this but the CTDB doesn't. You may also miss actual Hidden Track One Audio.
I've requested a setting that would treat silence as pregap and nonsilence as HTOA but Gregory didn't acknowledge it.

--------------------
korth
+Quote Post
philaphonic
post Nov 13 2011, 08:06
Post #1658

Thanks, korth. You are a wealth of knowledge!
+Quote Post
philaphonic
post Nov 13 2011, 17:08
Post #1659

I'm inputting label data into the meta field box of CUERipper 2.1.2 and I am not seeing that data get transferred either to the CUE sheet or the individually ripped tracks. Is this omission a bug, or am I missing something?

Thank you.
+Quote Post
radu
post Nov 14 2011, 01:12
Post #1660

Member No.: 8198

QUOTE (spoon @ Nov 11 2011, 07:46) *
To answer - not scared, AccurateRip is soon to be 10 years old (from first concept), and has around 1 billion track submissions in the database, I would like to think that what differentiates AccurateRip from others (there have been 2 which have come and gone over the years) is the effort put in on the backend to keep the crap out, the front end (as you find in EAC or dBpoweramp) is 100x less complex, even with checking across pressings than the backend.

I don't know how updated are the statistics from AccurateRip website, but it says 2 million unique discs. CTDB has only 8 weeks of EAC support and it has 10% of what AR has. Definitively it will slow down as it will approach AR numbers, but soon this will not be an issue anymore. Next year no one will care witch is bigger, only the features will matter.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate AR, but I don't like your answer: "We are so big that we don't fear anyone, we do not need to step up our game". With this attitude you are going nowhere.

Please be more competitive, we will all benefit.
+Quote Post
spoon
post Nov 14 2011, 10:12
Post #1661

dBpowerAMP developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 1615

>we do not need to step up our game

It is going to take about 6 to 8 months of work to be able to verify individual tracks without TOCs against AccurateRip and to be able to correct them, if this amount of effort if not being competitive, I do not know what is.

--------------------
Spoon http://www.dbpoweramp.com
+Quote Post
tremmz
post Nov 22 2011, 07:26
Post #1662

Member No.: 92090

Hi,
I'm completely new at ripping .flac files, and read that cueripper was a good and simple software to use. So I have it and now have two questions, which I have circled in yellow. What are these sliders and how should they be set? unsure.gif

Advice please smile.gif

Hope this is the right place for this question.?.?

This post has been edited by tremmz: Nov 22 2011, 07:29
+Quote Post
A_Man_Eating_Duc...
post Nov 22 2011, 09:47
Post #1663

Member No.: 705

The slider on the left is the compression, normally Flac only goes from 0 - 8, but using the libFlake you can a little more compression when using 9 - 11. you can read more about the Flake encoder HERE.

The slider on the right is the ripping method. Secure means that the track is is read twice and the checksums are compared to see if the rip is clean. Paranoid mode will rip the track 4 times and compare the checksums of each rip to make sure they match. You can see below in the window tray where it says 6, this means that the disc in the the accurip database. This means that 6 other people have ripped the disc and your rip with be compared against their results to make sure your rip is clean.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the ripping methods smile.gif

The setting in the screenshot look fine to use for your ripping.

This post has been edited by A_Man_Eating_Duck: Nov 22 2011, 09:50

--------------------
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.
+Quote Post
tremmz
post Nov 22 2011, 10:22
Post #1664

Member No.: 92090

Thanks A_Man_Eating_Duck, appreciate your input smile.gif
+Quote Post
philaphonic
post Nov 22 2011, 10:47
Post #1665

QUOTE (tremmz @ Nov 22 2011, 02:22) *
Thanks A_Man_Eating_Duck, appreciate your input smile.gif

I'd change libFlake to libFLAC, move the slider to 8 and leave the EAC log at "Secure"... Anything more is overkill. In fact, "Burst" would be fine, as long as the AccurateRip results indicate a good rip.

I have had problems playing back libFlake-encoded tracks using compression setting 11.

This post has been edited by philaphonic: Nov 22 2011, 10:47
+Quote Post
Manlord
post Nov 24 2011, 03:21
Post #1666

Member No.: 79529

A little feature request to Gregory rolleyes.gif

I would like Cuetools to be able to create multiple ARTIST (also applies to GENRE) tags in order to be compatible with FLAC recommended way of tagging (also applies for APE tags).

Let's see the following example:

FILE "13 The Calling _ Day of Celebration.tak" WAVE
TRACK 13 AUDIO
TITLE "The Calling / Day of Celebration"
PERFORMER "Santana; Eric Clapton"
INDEX 01 00:00:00

The aplication would see "; " as a separator and write 2 artist tags
ARTIST Santana
ARTIST Eric Clapton

I have doubts about what would be the best separator to use:
ID3 tags uses " / "
Foobar uses "; "
Mp3tag uses "\\"

I would bet for " / " for being compatible with ID3 Tag but the problem comes when you want to convert to MP3, since "ARTIST Santa / Eric Clapton" would be compatible with the specs but in this way two tags would be written. Maybe the best solution would be to implement it just when converting to a lossless format, or just when converting to certain types of tags (vorbis and ape).

Would like to know your opinions on the issue.

Kind regards,

Manlord

This post has been edited by Manlord: Nov 24 2011, 03:22
+Quote Post
Gregory S. Chudo...
post Nov 24 2011, 03:58
Post #1667

CUETools uses TagLib library (https://github.com/mono/taglib-sharp), which is in theory capable of handling multiple artist tags (using ';' as a separator when needed). But i try to avoid this.
Lack of universal standards for tags makes it a huge mess. Every metadata database, every file format, every audio player has it's own conventions.
CUETools has to deal with 3 metadata databases (musicbrainz, freedb, discogs), 4 major file/tag format families (vorbis(flac/ogg), id3v1/v2(mp3,ape), mpeg4(m4a), cue), and an unknown set of audio players.
For now i try to avoid complicated stuff like multiple artist tags, and keep it simple.

Musicbrainz and discogs return list of artists together with list of separators, e.g. 'Simon', ' & ', 'Garfunkel' or 'Tom Petty', ' and ', 'The Heartbreakers'. This is very cool, but i don't know of any tag format or audio player capable of handling this.

--------------------
CUETools 2.1.4
+Quote Post
Manlord
post Nov 26 2011, 16:50
Post #1668

Member No.: 79529

I understand your position Gregory, I will continue to do a 2 step method.

Musicbrainz and discogs return list of artists together with list of separators, e.g. 'Simon', ' & ', 'Garfunkel' or 'Tom Petty', ' and ', 'The Heartbreakers'. This is very cool, but i don't know of any tag format or audio player capable of handling this.

Indeed that is the most convenient solution, but with the agreements that exists about tags I doubt it will be implemented some day.

By the way, any plans to support editing per track artist when syncing to Musicbrainz or freedb?
+Quote Post
staringfrog
post Nov 26 2011, 16:52
Post #1669

Member No.: 91619

A hodgepodge piece of amateur software, in Russian-Canadian style. Guys, use professional applications like EAC, for Christ sake.
+Quote Post
frozenspeed
post Nov 26 2011, 17:01
Post #1670

Member No.: 301

QUOTE (staringfrog @ Nov 26 2011, 07:52) *
A hodgepodge piece of amateur software, in Russian-Canadian style. Guys, use professional applications like EAC, for Christ sake.

Bigotry and blasphemy aside, how is EAC any more or less "professional"?
+Quote Post
Eli
post Nov 27 2011, 14:38
Post #1671

Member No.: 9337

QUOTE (spoon @ Nov 11 2011, 10:46) *
To answer - not scared, AccurateRip is soon to be 10 years old (from first concept), and has around 1 billion track submissions in the database, I would like to think that what differentiates AccurateRip from others (there have been 2 which have come and gone over the years) is the effort put in on the backend to keep the crap out, the front end (as you find in EAC or dBpoweramp) is 100x less complex, even with checking across pressings than the backend.

This is all OT and would be better in the CTDB thread.
Both have their place and I still wish dBpoweramp would add support for CTDB. I know Gregory looked at adding it through the open DSP but apparently it is not documented clearly enough and does not have enough access to work back and forth with dBpoweramp.

We are giving AccurateRip a push, to be able to verify tracks ripped from any ripper, so the iTunes crowd can quantify what iTunes is really putting out wink.gif and possibly to do small scale corrections from what will be one of the largest stores of lossless tracks online.

Spoon, are you looking at AR doing some RS based repairs in a manner similar to CTDB?

--------------------
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=21072
+Quote Post
Miguk
post Dec 2 2011, 21:32
Post #1672

Member No.: 63054

After switching back from x64 to x32 Windows on my netbook I've got following error using FLACCL:

Some flac files are written correctly, but not all tracks.

libFLAC produced all files without errors.

Any advice?

This post has been edited by Miguk: Dec 2 2011, 21:36
+Quote Post
fadsplat
post Dec 3 2011, 19:56
Post #1673

Member No.: 80106

Hi:

I've used CueTools on 32-bit systems, and always download ffmpeg.exe to be able to output ALAC.

Now I'm "installing" on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Do I need to do anything different with CueTools?

What about ffmpeg.exe?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer-win32/files/ has just ffmpeg.exe for 32-bit Windows. Is there a more suitable ffmpeg.exe somewhere that works better on 64-bit systems?

Or, is ffmpeg.exe even still required? Is the current version of CueTools able to read and output ALAC without the need of getting a separate encoder?

Thanks

This post has been edited by fadsplat: Dec 3 2011, 20:36
+Quote Post
fadsplat
post Dec 3 2011, 21:51
Post #1674

Member No.: 80106

How can I change the output folder?
I clicked the icon next to Output, but it won't let me select “Browse”.
+Quote Post
korth
post Dec 4 2011, 00:53
Post #1675

QUOTE (fadsplat @ Dec 3 2011, 21:51) *
How can I change the output folder?
I clicked the icon next to Output, but it won't let me select “Browse”.
'Browse' should be available when the Input is either 'Folder browser' or 'Hide browser'. 'Multiselect Browser' and 'Drag'n'drop mode' require a 'template' because more than one disc can be selected.

--------------------
korth
+Quote Post

100 Pages V  « < 65 66 67 68 69 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:00