Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lost link between cue and wav\flac (Read 14987 times) previous topic - next topic

lost link between cue and wav\flac

I used EAC to rip to wav both with and without creating cue sheets. Then I converted my wav files to flac and cannot use the cue files ? what can I do to repair the wav-cue files or can I create new cue files?

Reply #1
Ensure that the cue sheet and FLAC file are in the same directory.

Open the cue sheet in a text editor, like Notepad, and change the file name in the FILE command, near the top of the cue sheet, to that of the FLAC file, i.e.:

Code: [Select]
FILE "My Flac File.flac" WAVE
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
Thanks,

Is there any way to run a batch since I now have 100 cue files with incorrect file reference?

Reply #3
You could use Notepad++ and do a replace in all opened files. There are more elegant solutions (probably too complex) but this should be straightforward enough. Make sure you do a replace .wav and not just wav.

edit: actually, might be worth googling "find and replace in files"
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #4
The filename corrector in CUEtools can esily mass fix the filenames inside the cue sheets. It works also with disc image files. CUEtools needs .NET Framework 2.0 and some Visual C++ runtime files, but these are freely available if you don't have them installed yet. (I assume you are using a Windows PC since you mentioned EAC).

You can use the standard Windows Search for finding all cue files in a certain directory path and simply drag the cue files to the filename corrector window. Test the procedure with a few files first.

Moitah's original CUEtools site is here: http://moitah.net/
and here's a new version by Gregory S. Chudov: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=66233

EDIT

I forgot to mention that the files need to be organized in separate album folders. If the cue sheet has only one filename the folder can contain only one audio file that gets referred. If you have multi-disc albums in a single folder you need to organize the discs in subfolders or exclude them and fix those cue files by other means.

Reply #5
Alex,

I'm currently having all my 200 cue and flac files on one folder.
When I want to play one CD with Foobar200 I just drag the cue files to the player.

Could you suggest a workflow that gives me a good structure, still have +1000 CD's to rip.

\Marre

Reply #6
I'm currently having all my 200 cue and flac files on one folder.
When I want to play one CD with Foobar200 I just drag the cue files to the player.

Could you try the new experimental test build of CUETools? It is available here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=593275

It might be able to fix the filename extensions even though you have all files in a single folder. You could copy a few FLAC & CUE album files to a temporary folder and run the Filename Corrector tool.

Could you suggest a workflow that gives me a good structure, still have +1000 CD's to rip.

I'd guess a single folder would work fine with a moderate number of files, but when you have thousands of files in one folder handling the collection can become a bit difficult. I have used a simple Artist\Album folder stucture for my archived disc image files.