IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Vinyl transfer. What format do you use for tagging., Latest Foobar doesn't like my use of side.track number.
uart
post Oct 29 2008, 19:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18295

In the past when I've made compressed audio (usually ape or mp3) from my vinyl transfers I've split the recording into individual tracks and used the format "side.track" for the track number. For example the third track on side one would get the track number 1.3 and the 5th track on side 2 would get the track number 2.5 etc.

Up until recently foobar had no problems with this format. Since the last time I updated (currently 0.9.5.5) however it no longer likes this format. It will still display the tags correctly (eg as track number 2.3 etc) but it wont let me edit them in this format and if I mass-edit any other fields then it clobbers the track number tag and sets it to just the whole number part. For examlpe 1.3 would just become 1 etc.

Do you think this is a "bug" in foobar that might get fixed or is the standard that the track number must be a simple whole number only. If so I guess I'll have to edit all the track number tags in all my vinyl rip collection?

*ape = monley audio lossless

This post has been edited by uart: Oct 29 2008, 19:05
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Canar
post Oct 31 2008, 22:10
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2796

I use a SIDE field. DISC seems logical too.

Changing your old format to something new is absolutely trivial with foobar2000 though.

This post has been edited by Canar: Oct 31 2008, 22:11

--------------------
∑:<
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 05:21