IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Wierd AAC LC bug...
Sachankara
post Jan 10 2002, 13:17
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 336
Joined: 27-December 01
From: Stockholm, Sweden
Member No.: 780



Encoding AAC files with the Low complexity profile, using PsyTEL AAC encoder 2.01 or PsyTEL fast AAC encoder 2.0 sometimes ends up with files being reported as 0 seconds long when using Winamp and the Freeware AAC decoder plugin 12/28/2001... But it does work with the Main profile... So Iīm wondering if itīs a bug in either PsyTEL or in the Freeware AAC decoder plugin...?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Speek
post Jan 10 2002, 13:42
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 394
Joined: 31-October 01
Member No.: 386



Sachankara, I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that there's a newer AAC plugin available on Roberto's site. Maybe that will solve the problem.
Link: http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ivan Dimkovic
post Jan 10 2002, 14:30
Post #3


Nero MPEG4 developer


Group: Developer
Posts: 1466
Joined: 22-September 01
Member No.: 8



Please send me a fraction of the problematic aac file, or to

And please DO NOT use main profile at this moment.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sachankara
post Jan 10 2002, 15:42
Post #4





Group: Members
Posts: 336
Joined: 27-December 01
From: Stockholm, Sweden
Member No.: 780



QUOTE
Originally posted by Speek
Sachankara, I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that there's a newer AAC plugin available on Roberto's site. Maybe that will solve the problem.
Link: http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/
Unfortunatly, it didnīt help... sad.gif
QUOTE
Originally posted by Ivan Dimkovic
Please send me a fraction of the problematic aac file, or to

And please DO NOT use main profile at this moment.
Well, if you donīt mind, Iīve put it up on my server... Iīve added a ID3v2.3 header to it which is 239 bytes long... If you donīt like it, just remove it... biggrin.gif (And no, thereīs no difference without the tag... Iīm made the tag program myself and I does not alter any of the original track data...)

[Link removed by Sachankara himself... wink.gif]

Be warned though, the file is 9 363 150 bytes... Original track length is around 429 seconds... (7:09...)

P.S. Re-ripping and re-encoding the files doesnīt help at all... And itīs always the same tracks that are reported as 0 seconds long...

[b]Edit: Removed the link...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sachankara
post Jan 11 2002, 16:12
Post #5





Group: Members
Posts: 336
Joined: 27-December 01
From: Stockholm, Sweden
Member No.: 780



Any progress, or have you just forgotten it all?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
menno
post Jan 11 2002, 17:54
Post #6


Nero MPEG4 developer


Group: Developer (Donating)
Posts: 1218
Joined: 11-October 01
From: LA
Member No.: 267



If it works in one profile and not in another with the same decoder plugin, then it's a problem in the encoder. The decoder just reads the number of bytes in a frame and uses that to skip to the next frame. This only goes wrong if the number of bytes is wrong or if the decoder reads the number of bytes wrong.
Since the header is the same for all profiles (you did use the same MPEG version for both MAIN and LC right? (2 or 4)) and it works on one profile it should be a problem in the encoder.

Menno
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sachankara
post Jan 11 2002, 18:53
Post #7





Group: Members
Posts: 336
Joined: 27-December 01
From: Stockholm, Sweden
Member No.: 780



QUOTE
Originally posted by menno
If it works in one profile and not in another with the same decoder plugin, then it's a problem in the encoder. The decoder just reads the number of bytes in a frame and uses that to skip to the next frame. This only goes wrong if the number of bytes is wrong or if the decoder reads the number of bytes wrong.
Since the header is the same for all profiles (you did use the same MPEG version for both MAIN and LC right? (2 or 4)) and it works on one profile it should be a problem in the encoder.

Menno
Profile 0 (MPEG-2 low complexity) = Incorrect length, 0 seconds...
Profile 1 (MPEG-2 main) = Correct length, wierd clicks and general audio distortion...
Profile 2 (MPEG-4 main LTP) = Correct length...

(PsyTEL 2.02 01/10/2002 and in_aac.dll 01/05/2002...)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ivan Dimkovic
post Jan 11 2002, 18:56
Post #8


Nero MPEG4 developer


Group: Developer
Posts: 1466
Joined: 22-September 01
Member No.: 8



I noticed that problem with some clips - will do a serious check
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:28